1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Discussion in 'Broadband and DTH' started by drgrudge, Oct 21, 2005.

1. sling-shot

sling-shot Well-Known Member

Because what BSNL says is the final truth when it comes to how much I have used.

And a browser extension can be installed on a mobile and need not have access to desktop always.

And I use different operating systems on the same desktop so a program sitting in one OS will miss a lot.

2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

That used to be of concern only in those "night unlimited" plans,I don't see any reason to go through such hoops(install a browser extension & giving it all kinds of security permissions not to mention username password) just to regularly check on 1.5gb daily FUP limit.

3. sling-shot

sling-shot Well-Known Member

There can always be one unique person who needs it, may not be always but still.

4. whitestar_999

May be but nowadays with increased focus on browser security I doubt one is willing to invest time & effort to create such an extension compatible with latest firefox quantum & chrome(that's probably almost all of browser market for bsnl users).

5. meetdilip

meetdilip Computer Addict

There used to be a couple of tools which could read from BSNL portal. But I haven't seen them since the demise of night unlimited. Maybe, they are still available.

Networx reads your interface card. I think it can monitor more than one card at the same moment.

6. nac

nac Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what the plan says. But I am getting upto 7.2mbps all day. Even after exhausting FUP.
    But it wasn't the case last month. After exhausting FUP, speed lowered to 1mbps.

7. Flash

Flash Agent of Speed

Did you get the 'Happy Browsing' Offer page, when you exhausted FUP this month?
    Maybe they would've increased the FUP limit for your plan?

8. nac

nac Well-Known Member

No, I am not getting/got that offer page.
    May be. But I am still in that 299/- plan.

9. chimera201

chimera201 Well-Known Member

BSNL faces huge technical, policy, low motivation challenge: IIM-A report

10. whitestar_999

11. theterminator

theterminator Active Member

After using Bsnl for 3 years , i have shifted to Alliance broadband. Its fibre optic cable based and im very impressed with the speed. 25 Mbps symmetric at ₹500+GST with no FUP limit in varanasi.

12. whitestar_999

You mean even when using torrents without local peering.

13. theterminator

I haven’t used torrents. Ive tested it with speedtest and also ive been able to successfully upload photos to icloud , drive, onedrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. whitestar_999

These will almost always give you highest dl/ul speeds because these major companies use CDNs/local servers in the country of the user. Real dl/ul speed is what you will get when communicating to US/EU IPs because most of the servers are located there only.There are many local cable ISPs who give 100mbps connections & indeed speed on google services/youtube/microsoft/apple etc is same 100mbps but try downloading something from a not so big site or use torrents with seeders/leechers in US/EU & speeds will be much lower than 100mbps(some such ISPs in fact throttles torrent traffic by blocking ports etc).

15. theterminator

I am downloading a torrent from 1337 having seeders 1685 and leechers 685 and its giving me good speed 2 MB/s. The website was blocked and also other famous torrent sites so I used a proxy server to access. I don't know whether its local peering or outside. What do you think?

16. whitestar_999

See the bottom bar of utorrent,local upload/download speed should be shown separate as "L" or click on "peers" tab after selecting a torrent,any IP like 10.x.x.x is a local peering IP.

17. wakkun

wakkun Member

Hey guys I'm currently haveing really crappy speeds on my BSNL Broadband connection and this has been going on for a month. I'm supposed to be getting 10Mbps conenction, but my speed only goes up to 1Mbps. I have the same plan at my dad's house and it's working at full speed there unlike at my place.

After checking the signal properties from my modem, I could see that I had insanely high attenuation (pic uploaded).

I have requested BSNL to change the line and apparently they have but there has been no change in the attenuation nor the speed, and now I can't even get a stable signal anymore. Please advice, what should I do.

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-21 at 9.59.24 PM.jpeg

18. whitestar_999

How to troubleshoot on ADSL modem router through DSL parameters checking on TD-W8960N,TD-W8950ND or TD-W8968V3 V4? | TP-Link United Arab Emirates
    Your actual snr values are 10.3(decent) 6.1(bit low) & attn values are 58(quite high) 24.4

Check your ports(lan/rj45 port in modem) & your adsl splitter box ports for dust/rust etc(metallic lines should be yellow not brown or similar).Also test with a different modem if possible to compare snr & attn values.

19. Flash

Flash Agent of Speed

Seems BSNL is going downhill.
    It's converting all the usual unlimited plans to daily FUP-based.

20. whitestar_999

It was inevitable,bsnl never had the required infrastructure & personnel to maintain all those 8mbps truly UL connections.On top of that it is a huge loss making psu which,if unchecked,will become the next air india.