** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
BSNL preparing for FTTH disruption, says CMD Anupam Shrivastava
*i.imgur.com/BM5ZBbX.png
I like the 750GB Plan. I never saw BSNL offering such kinds of plans like ACT BB.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
This is not enough. The prices seem just like any other broadband player is offerung. On top of that, act and Airtel has good customer service. No stupid comments like "your plan is 10mbps but 8mbps is also great"

meetdilip

Computer Addict
If there is RJ 45 input which is normally referred to as WAN, you can use it as a wifi router. You will still need an ONT.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
When I got ftth this month they did it through 3rd party vendor who did fiber cabling and ONT installation. They charged me only 4k.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Charley

Just Do It
I changed the broadband plan through the selfcare portal on 22 Feb. Till date it's not changed to the new one.

Whom to contact?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I changed the broadband plan through the selfcare portal on 22 Feb. Till date it's not changed to the new one.

Whom to contact?
I Am not sure if this applies to your area but I found that in Kerala they don't process plan change online. You have to visit your nearest bsnl exchange for plan change. Check it out.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
i was going through the list of bsnl's FTTH plans for kolkata recently-they have a 777 per month plan where one would get upto 50 mbps till 500gb each month,beyond that the speed would get reduced to 2mbps.

These plans look interesting-are the prices mentioned on bsnl's website inclusive of tax,or will the customers be required to pay some extra amount as GST charges as well?

Also does bsnl really deliver speeds as high as 50mbps like they are advertising? Will this FTTH broadband work on a regular ADSL modem or does the subscriber need to buy some other equipment for that?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for FTTH you need different modem. GST is extra.

For your reference look for ONT modem - If you get from BSNL then ONT modem without wifi costs Rs. 12k and with wifi Rs. 14.5k.

Last edited:

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
i was going through the list of bsnl's FTTH plans for kolkata recently-they have a 777 per month plan where one would get upto 50 mbps till 500gb each month,beyond that the speed would get reduced to 2mbps.

These plans look interesting-are the prices mentioned on bsnl's website inclusive of tax,or will the customers be required to pay some extra amount as GST charges as well?

Also does bsnl really deliver speeds as high as 50mbps like they are advertising? Will this FTTH broadband work on a regular ADSL modem or does the subscriber need to buy some other equipment for that?
I am using that plan in Kerala. I had to pay 4k for the ONT. I am paying around 1 k per month.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if you can afford buying ONT modem from market(their prices will almost always be higher than your ISP supplied ONT modem prices),they are not supported by ISPs anyway so it is irrelevant.

Top Bottom