** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
How is BSNL able to make my browser forget the tab history when it does the redirection thing to announce that I have crossed FUP?

By the way, I too got the happy browsing offer today.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Can you locate the source of that information?

Also I wonder why they are still keeping upload at measly 512 Kbps in a 10 Mbps plan?
Source : BSNL Extends the Validity of Entry-Level BB249 Broadband Plan Across All Circles Till March 31, 2018

Also, BSNL is running a promotional offer under which it has removed the FUP limit for all the broadband plans, meaning customers can enjoy pre-FUP download speeds even after completion of said FUP. And the best part is the BB249 plan is also valid for this promotional offer.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I read somewhere ( possibly a BSNL phamplet) saying 249 plan will stay even after before mentioned promo period. And that it is a regular plan now.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I got the 'FUP over, we are extending happy browsing' message within 45 minutes of new month! This must be a record for me.

Flash

Lost in speed
I got the 'FUP over, we are extending happy browsing' message within 45 minutes of new month! This must be a record for me.
Not only for you, maybe you got the message because you've exhausted the month FUP within minutes. Seems, they've extending this offer month by month, to combat the other ISPs. Good for BSNL.

Flash

Lost in speed
Right, but can 10 GB be finished in 45 minutes of normal browsing and a single 300 MB download?
Or maybe someone is leeching your internet? :blush:. It's always advisable to use a network monitoring software, even in the days of surplus data just to track.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
After using 20 years BSNL Landline (Aug-1998) and BSNL Broadband (Dec-2005), finally, The time come to move out from BSNL, Jan-2018 is the month when we finally say goodbye to BSNL service...I moved (15/01/2018) to High-Speed Alliance Broadband Plan PRIME+ which is 40Mbps Truly unlimited (No FUP) for 650/- plus tax for 30 Days billing cycle.
There is no complain about BSNL in my area, it is quite good actually - There is No Down Time / Speed is excellent according to plan...nothing in particular. I was in BBG ULD 1199 plan at the time of surrender which offers 7.7 Mbps Download speed and 317 Kbps Upload speed at 1497/- per month. Now with Alliance Broadband, I'm getting 37Mbps Download Speed and 11.5Mbps Upload Speed at 767/- per 30 Days...So there is a no-brainer to keep BSNL at all.

Yesterday, 31/01/2018 - BSNL finally issue a work order for 'Permanent Surrender' for my connection after several repeated visit at Local Exchange and BSNL office.

There is famous quote of a News Paper in Bengali called - 'Porte Hoi noyto Pichiye Porte Hoi' [You must read (our newspaper to keep up) or else you will be left Behind] -

This is what happens now with BSNL at Metro Cities..BSNL connection getting tossed out.

The reason behind this long post is I genuinely feel sad when I go through this procedure.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
After using 20 years BSNL Landline (Aug-1998) and BSNL Broadband (Dec-2005), finally, The time come to move out from BSNL, Jan-2018 is the month when we finally say goodbye to BSNL service...I moved (15/01/2018) to High-Speed Alliance Broadband Plan PRIME+ which is 40Mbps Truly unlimited (No FUP) for 650/- plus tax for 30 Days billing cycle.
There is no complain about BSNL in my area, it is quite good actually - There is No Down Time / Speed is excellent according to plan...nothing in particular. I was in BBG ULD 1199 plan at the time of surrender which offers 7.7 Mbps Download speed and 317 Kbps Upload speed at 1497/- per month. Now with Alliance Broadband, I'm getting 37Mbps Download Speed and 11.5Mbps Upload Speed at 767/- per 30 Days...So there is a no-brainer to keep BSNL at all.

Yesterday, 31/01/2018 - BSNL finally issue a work order for 'Permanent Surrender' for my connection after several repeated visit at Local Exchange and BSNL office.

There is famous quote of a News Paper in Bengali called - 'Porte Hoi noyto Pichiye Porte Hoi' [You must read (our newspaper to keep up) or else you will be left Behind] -

This is what happens now with BSNL at Metro Cities..BSNL connection getting tossed out.

The reason behind this long post is I genuinely feel sad when I go through this procedure.
You could have simply downgraded to voice call receive only plan that costs ~85-90/month.Sometimes BSNL connection comes in handy as address proof in certain scenarios.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
You could have simply downgraded to voice call receive only plan that costs ~85-90/month.Sometimes BSNL connection comes in handy as address proof in certain scenarios.
This is exactly what I did ,Friend, to update the Aadhar Card's address of mine.

Top Bottom