** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
In the district level there is an internet division. You need to speak with them and ask them to set your profile to 10 Mbps.

Before that you need to see your modem's statistics page and find if your modem can attain that speed first. When you open modem settings in your browser, you will see current speed and maximum attainable speed.

Dr. House

No Regrets
In the district level there is an internet division. You need to speak with them and ask them to set your profile to 10 Mbps.

Before that you need to see your modem's statistics page and find if your modem can attain that speed first. When you open modem settings in your browser, you will see current speed and maximum attainable speed.

My modem is TP Link TD-W8968 v4

As per 192.168.1.1

*imgur.com/a/7JLYlOM
See this it's attainable rate of 10 mbps
Imgur

Last edited:

dilipcybex

Broken In
Are you it is nothing related to your end ? If you are confident about it, talking to exchange is the best bet. Normally, it is the port speed that plays villain in such cases.

Dr. House

No Regrets

He reset profile but no change yet.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he reset profile then rate in modem line status(currently ~2mbps in your pic) should also change & become much closer to attainable rate of ~10mbps.Have you restarted the modem?

Dr. House

No Regrets
If he reset profile then rate in modem line status(currently ~2mbps in your pic) should also change & become much closer to attainable rate of ~10mbps.Have you restarted the modem?
Yes I restarted it, will talk to JTO again tomorrow for the double conformation of profile reset. Does it takes a lot of time to reset the profile?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea as never asked for it.It should not take more than 1-2 days though(assuming it involves resetting speed limit at some other place too like some kind of double confirmation/setting etc one at local exchange & another at some regional centre).

Dr. House

No Regrets
If problem still persists, push them to change the port. 99% of time the problem lies in the port.
Line is perfect, in fact they changed my line again with copper wire for this case. Getting 20 SNR, 60ms ping. The problem seems to be some error due to which my speed was 2 mbps from the day 1 of FUP of 10GB and after the FUP over the speed remains the same 2 mbps. This means the network thought my speed was 2 mbps for first 10 GB and then providing 2 mbps for rest of the days.

Update: I talked to JTO he said he will reset my profile again to 10 mbps by sending some email to bangalore for this. Might get resolved till the evening.
(Fingers crossed)

Dr. House

No Regrets
Unless it is a line issue, there is nothing you can do. Exchange people need to figure it out and fix it for you.
They say 2 mbps is sufficient speed, 675 ULD is suppose to give you 2 mbps only. What's the problem? They don't even know about happy browsing plan.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
They are lying. 10 Mbps / 8 Mbps was made standard across all plans above 675 long back. In the first 3 months it was common for all plans. Later they made it Happy Browsing plan. Something seems off here.

Can you go to the exchange in person?

They say 2 mbps is sufficient speed, 675 ULD is suppose to give you 2 mbps only. What's the problem? They don't even know about happy browsing plan.

Top Bottom