** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What is your plan? For plans of less than 675/month I think they give only 8 Mbps which your current speed seems to correspond with.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also to test speed download some big file from microsoft(try this: Download The Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7 from Official Microsoft Download Center ) using 2-3 download managers(FDM,eagleget,ninja download manager,internet download accelerator) on different systems(pc,laptop).

meganin

Right off the assembly line
thanks, cant reach above 5.6mbps and in idm nothing above 720 kbps-this was my previous post,but latly i fouind this-- this 5.6 mbps speed is wen i use by usb cable modem,but if i use lan the speed went upto 6.7,sometimes 7.1 in bsnl speed test delhi server,so now i am thinkin is thers any way to increse rate of tranffer in usb cable modem,but i din get any results..btw my plan is 545 bb,yes i did test by idm,the speed for 5.6mbps went til 730kbps usb ,and in lan it went till close to 800-890-900 hardly.. so is this normal ,pls guide me if u find any abnormal here,thanks guys

meganin

its usb cable attached to modem n pc for internet connection,it needs usb modem driver in particular model,no need for lan if usb cable modem works

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks, cant reach above 5.6mbps and in idm nothing above 720 kbps-this was my previous post,but latly i fouind this-- this 5.6 mbps speed is wen i use by usb cable modem,but if i use lan the speed went upto 6.7,sometimes 7.1 in bsnl speed test delhi server,so now i am thinkin is thers any way to increse rate of tranffer in usb cable modem,but i din get any results..btw my plan is 545 bb,yes i did test by idm,the speed for 5.6mbps went til 730kbps usb ,and in lan it went till close to 800-890-900 hardly.. so is this normal ,pls guide me if u find any abnormal here,thanks guys
Most likely your usb port is running in 1.1/legacy mode.You can confirm by copying some big file from a pen drive connected to same usb port being used to connect modem & if you get less than 4-5MB/s of copying speed then either your usb port is faulty,gone bad,is a 1.1 port from the beginning(only possible if you are using some 4-5 years old cheap no brand cabinet) or there is some OS/driver issue.

As for IDM speeds,I hope you know that connection speed is measured in bits per second while OS/software show copying & download speeds in bytes per second.Because 1 byte is equal to 8 bits,divide connection speed by 8 to get download speed.So for a 8mbps connection download speed in IDM/similar software will be 1MB/s.If IDM is showing download speed of 900KB/s it means connection speed is 900*8=7200kbps=approx. 7mbps.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
hi all these forums have finally helped to uncap my downstream from 3.1mbps to 8mbps thanks,but cant reach above 5.6mbps and in idm nothing above 720 kbps,here is my adsl values,please go thru this and guide me what can be done,thanks friends
Code:
Mode:ADSL2+ Line Coding:Trellis On Status:No Defect Link Power State:L0 DownstreamUpstreamSNR Margin (dB):22.6 26.7 Attenuation (dB):31.0 18.1 Output Power (dBm):12.3 18.6 Attainable Rate (Kbps):16505 1177 Rate (Kbps):7996 496 MSGc (number of bytes in overhead channel message):61 14 B (number of bytes in Mux Data Frame):110 46 M (number of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame):1 1 T (Mux Data Frames over sync bytes):2 1 R (number of check bytes in FEC Data Frame):16 14 S (ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length):0.4783 3.2105 L (number of bits in PMD Data Frame):2124 152 D (interleaver depth):64 8 Delay (msec):7 6 Super Frames:375111 371562 Super Frame Errors:0 269272 RS Words:50264966 3106563 RS Correctable Errors:12617 7602661 RS Uncorrectable Errors:0 N/A HEC Errors:0 1047309 OCD Errors:0 0 LCD Errors:0 0 Total Cells:113343992 2422865018 Data Cells:37207632 2446108395 Bit Errors:0 101599218 Total ES:0 25124865 Total SES:0 25056769 Total UAS:15 24993503
This is what @sling-shot ,meant brother.

meganin

Most likely your usb port is running in 1.1/legacy mode.You can confirm by copying some big file from a pen drive connected to same usb port being used to connect modem & if you get less than 4-5MB/s of copying speed then either your usb port is faulty,gone bad,is a 1.1 port from the beginning(only possible if you are using some 4-5 years old cheap no brand cabinet) or there is some OS/driver issue.

As for IDM speeds,I hope you know that connection speed is measured in bits per second while OS/software show copying & download speeds in bytes per second.Because 1 byte is equal to 8 bits,divide connection speed by 8 to get download speed.So for a 8mbps connection download speed in IDM/similar software will be 1MB/s.If IDM is showing download speed of 900KB/s it means connection speed is 900*8=7200kbps=approx. 7mbps.
hi thnks for this insight,so what can be done to increse speed in usb cable ,any settings i can tweak ,for idm yes i got the point,its jus 800-850-901 very hard,if the usb port is damaged wud tat affect my modem or motherboard long time...coz actuly i connect my laptop to my pc so to hav remote desktop ,laptop hav no screen,my motherboard is old one,modem too,usb cable too,nothing is new i hope.if its os driver issue can i corner wats it is..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi thnks for this insight,so what can be done to increse speed in usb cable ,any settings i can tweak ,for idm yes i got the point,its jus 800-850-901 very hard,if the usb port is damaged wud tat affect my modem or motherboard long time...coz actuly i connect my laptop to my pc so to hav remote desktop ,laptop hav no screen,my motherboard is old one,modem too,usb cable too,nothing is new i hope.if its os driver issue can i corner wats it is..
start a new thread in software issues section posting details of your pc(motherboard model,processor model,windows version,screenshot of device manager showing usb ports list).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
BSNL Revises Free Night Calling Time from Existing 9 PM to 7 AM to 10:30 PM to 6 AM on Broadband Plans; Will Be Effective from January 1, 2018

BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) has already made its first move for 2018. The telecom operator has revised the free night calling timings for its broadband plans, which will be effective from January 1, 2018. Currently, BSNL is offering free night calling from 9 PM to 7 AM with its broadband plans, and starting tomorrow, the free night voice calling will be applicable between 10:30 PM to 6 AM. BSNL has officially released a statement on the same.

The revision of free night calling will be applicable on the Pan-India basis for all the BSNL landline, Broadband, Combo, and FTTH customers. On Sundays, BSNL is offering free voice calling during the entire day. However, the company has confirmed that it’ stopping free voice calling on Sundays in Himachal Pradesh Telecom Circle for both the new and existing customers.

This move will come as a blow to all the BSNL broadband subscribers who’re actively using free night voice calling. Also, BSNL did not reveal the reason behind this revision. BSNL’s unlimited broadband plans start at Rs 499 and do make a note that not all broadband plans offer landline voice calls.

However, BSNL has some dedicated landline voice calling plans, which offers free night voice calling. If your BSNL broadband plan doesn’t have free voice calling offer, you can always subscribe to any of the BSNL landline plan to enjoy free voice calls.

Talking about the BSNL FTTH plans, it has four FTTH plans and offering FTTH services in 98 cities across the country.

BSNL’s entry-level BB249 broadband plan also offers free night voice calling for the entire plan validity. Broadband plans such as BBG Combo ULD 499, BBG Combo UL 599, BBG Combo ULD 675, BBG Combo ULD 680 ASOM, BBG Combo ULD 845, BBG Combo ULD 945, BBG Combo ULD 950 ASOM comes with free night voice calling option. For broadband plans such as BBG ULD 545 and BBG ULD 795, you need to subscribe a dedicated landline plan to enjoy voice calls. And lastly, BSNL BBG Combo ULD 1199 plan offers free 24 hours voice calls to any network in India.

Source:BSNL Revises Free Night Calling Time from Existing 9 PM to 7 AM to 10:30 PM to 6 AM on Broadband Plans; Will Be Effective from January 1, 2018

kg11sgbg

What I feel and apprehend is that all company providers (Network,Voice,Data) will eventually raise the price of various plans/subscriptions(PREPAID and POSTPAID).
We the users/common mass/elite users are bound to accept the price increment as a grain of salt or happily whatsoever.
THIS IS DUE TO OUR ----> DEPENDENCE + ACCUSTOMIZATION + INDULGENCE + OBSESSION
Human Nature ,Folks.
Peace...

THeExcelsior

Broken In
I don't know what the hell is happening with my internet connection now. I just received the happy browsing offer from BSNL.
I started browsing internet by 12:40 and I thought I'd watch some videos and sleep but none of the videos on YouTube were playing. Then did some speed tests and saw that my bandwidth was getting capped to 1.5Mbps.
I restarted the router and reset the connection as well, it was the same.
I thought to check the bandwidth on the BSNL speed test site and got the happy browsing offer. Bandwidth is restored now.
But how is it possible that I'm getting the message that I've crossed the FUP within minutes of getting in the internet on the first day of the month?

This happened in December as well.

coolrider

So, is BSNL offering the happy browsing offer for January too?
Has anyone crossed the FUP limit and got the happy browsing offer?
I haven't crossed the FUP yet, but if anyone has crossed it,please share the information as I would like to plan some downloads accordingly.

Flash

Lost in speed
So, is BSNL offering the happy browsing offer for January too?
Has anyone crossed the FUP limit and got the happy browsing offer?
I haven't crossed the FUP yet, but if anyone has crossed it,please share the information as I would like to plan some downloads accordingly.
Yes. Same for this month too (atleast for me). Happy browsing :)

meetdilip

Computer Addict
From whatever blog posts I see, BSNL is cutting down freebies in their plan. Taking that into account, NO FUP might go soon as well.

kg11sgbg

From whatever blog posts I see, BSNL is cutting down freebies in their plan. Taking that into account, NO FUP might go soon as well.
Recently came around a news in Google.
BSNL is removing its FUP aspect from its Broadband Plans, since inception.
NOW ,TRUE COMPETITION BEGINS WITH PRIVATE CABLE BROADBAND PLAYERS....

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Funny thing is they made an automated call to announce this exciting new offer in which I could call any number for free between 10.30 pm and 9 am. While the old one was from 9 pm to 9 am!

Top Bottom