** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
thanx desert wind now tell me few more things. how to change the user account of dataone? i have got two. and is it account specific or computer specific. will my account which is permanent on my compu be used on another by the usual way?

It is account specific. As long as you have the modem and the IP configured, you can use it anywhere in any computer( dont know whether that's a flaw or not) as your account could be used by somebody else if they know your account details. :shock:

To change user account,
1. Type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of browser

2. Type admin in both username & password(default)

3. Click on Wan Settings in the left portion of the page that opens

4. Select PPP in WAN type and then enter the usename and password in the appropriate fields.

5. Click on Apply and "Save and reboot" in the next page.

This will open a page "Restarting modem..." and during this time, the modem will get restarted on its own and when the led for the link comes on, you are ready to use it.

PS: For all your dataone queries, you can have a look at this thread:
Dataone

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
yrana2002 said:
thanx desert wind now tell me few more things. how to change the user account of dataone? i have got two. and is it account specific or computer specific. will my account which is permanent on my compu be used on another by the usual way?

It is account specific. As long as you have the modem and the IP configured, you can use it anywhere in any computer( dont know whether that's a flaw or not) as your account could be used by somebody else if they know your account details. :shock:

To change user account,
1. Type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of browser

2. Type admin in both username & password(default)

3. Click on Wan Settings in the left portion of the page that opens

4. Select PPP in WAN type and then enter the usename and password in the appropriate fields.

5. Click on Apply and "Save and reboot" in the next page.

This will open a page "Restarting modem..." and during this time, the modem will get restarted on its own and when the led for the link comes on, you are ready to use it.

PS: For all your dataone queries, you can have a look at this thread:
Dataone

i am posting here coz it was quite crowded in that link. and what i was asking is that i have configured my account on my compu as permanent online. now my ques is that can i use this account from some other computer by usual way meaning by typing username and password?
hope u have understood the ques.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
after switching to my permanently online mode i find that neither yahoo launch cast nor itunes is able to connect. all other websites are coming up nicely. yahoo launchcast was working properly before this. what cld be the prob. else tell me the way to revert back. i miss my radio a lot!!!!!!!

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
mine spd is also nice( 250 plan) coming 30kbps with accelerator but suprisingly coming 35-40 with opera? grt isnt it. opera beating download accelerator. but i dont understant how u ppl download so many things with p2p. in limewire i hardly get 1-2 kbps?

go4saket

shashanktyagi1 said:
mine spd is also nice( 250 plan) coming 30kbps with accelerator but suprisingly coming 35-40 with opera? grt isnt it. opera beating download accelerator. but i dont understant how u ppl download so many things with p2p. in limewire i hardly get 1-2 kbps?

How is that possible? Check the connection type of seeder of the file. I guess you are downloading it from someone who is on a modem connection. Moreover, the more the number of seeders, the better the speed you get.

I dont remember getting a speed of anything below 27 KBPS in limewire...

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
go4saket said:
shashanktyagi1 said:

How is that possible? Check the connection type of seeder of the file. I guess you are downloading it from someone who is on a modem connection. Moreover, the more the number of seeders, the better the speed you get.

I dont remember getting a speed of anything below 27 KBPS in limewire...

well the connection type was never less than TI and the no of seeders were around 50 then i got maximum of 5 kbps for the whole half minute. i am jealouys if u get 27 kbps

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
shashanktyagi1 said:
after switching to my permanently online mode i find that neither yahoo launch cast nor itunes is able to connect. all other websites are coming up nicely. yahoo launchcast was working properly before this. what cld be the prob. else tell me the way to revert back. i miss my radio a lot!!!!!!!

please help me in this desert wind where have u gone.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
shashanktyagi1 said:
shashanktyagi1 said:

I'm clueless. I am not using Windows, so i don't know what these programs are for, and how do they connect. If a browser can open websites without problem, ther your connection is ok. BTW, do these programs use some special port to connect to internet ? There's a fair good chance that these ports are under NAT on the router. Also check your firewall settings, if you use any.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
desertwind said:
shashanktyagi1 said:
shashanktyagi1 said:

I'm clueless. I am not using Windows, so i don't know what these programs are for, and how do they connect. If a browser can open websites without problem, ther your connection is ok. BTW, do these programs use some special port to connect to internet ? There's a fair good chance that these ports are under NAT on the router. Also check your firewall settings, if you use any.

donno anything abt the ports but there is no firewall prob. only windows firewall which hasnt informed anything abt blocking( and it wont block msn anyway). anyone who uses windows pls tell. yahoo launchcast is radio within yahoo messenger. if nothing else tell me a way to revert back

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
confusion in dataone

i have gone into permanent online mode in bsnl through some help from desertwind. now my launch cast of yahoo messenger and itunes and the internet frm media player r not able to connect. other sites working well. no fire wall prob. so what could it be? if u cant tell the prob then tell a way to go back to enter username and password mode. its very frustating without radio.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
mods plz dont lock this thread. the sticky in general is useless. i have posted my prob since 3 days and has not been answered yet. so i am writing here.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
ok, do the following.

1. Open up your browser and goto 192.168.1.1
2. use admin/admin as username/password
3. Under the "Advanced" from the left Pane, click on Virtual Server
4. Enter the values as follows

Code:
Name: Yahoo! Launchcast
Private IP: 192.168.1.2
Private Port: 1775
Public Port : 1775
Schedule: Always

5. Click on Apply and when ask for Reboot, Press Yes.

I'm not sure whether this works. I've never used this launchcast thingy. Anyway it's worth a try.

Based on information i got Here

Edit: Please Backup your router configuration before you make any changes. You can always restore it if anything goes wrong.

For backup, Goto Tools>System Settings, and Click Save.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
dosent seem to work. but anyway thanx for finding. anyone else got anything. else tell the way to go back to normal. that u can tell desrtwind.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
shashanktyagi1 said:
mods plz dont lock this thread. the sticky in general is useless. i have posted my prob since 3 days and has not been answered yet. so i am writing here.
Hmm.. this is not a paid support forum. We are doing a favour for you. So if I find you posting a new thread, then the thread will be deleted and you will get a warning badge. I thought of closing the thread, since you are a new, I am merging with the sticky. Make sure you read the new updated rules before posting.

Thread Merged

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
got my problem at last but not the solution. all the things not opening r based on IE. no sites are opening on IE. so is there a config prob with IE or what. atleast now help me.
opera is running fine

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
shashanktyagi1 said:
dosent seem to work. but anyway thanx for finding. anyone else got anything. else tell the way to go back to normal. that u can tell desrtwind.

If you have backed up the router data before changing anyting, you can always restore the data. Or you can restore the Factory Settings. But always back up your current data before doing anyof these

After that, change your Network TCP/IP Settings to "Obtain IP Automatically".

shashanktyagi1 said:
got my problem at last but not the solution. all the things not opening r based on IE. no sites are opening on IE. so is there a config prob with IE or what. atleast now help me.
opera is running fine

Then it must be a firewall problem. Check your firewall config.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
desertwind said:
shashanktyagi1 said:

If you have backed up the router data before changing anyting, you can always restore the data. Or you can restore the Factory Settings. But always back up your current data before doing anyof these

After that, change your Network TCP/IP Settings to "Obtain IP Automatically".

shashanktyagi1 said:
opera is running fine

Then it must be a firewall problem. Check your firewall config.

got only windows firewall installed. chkd it but cant find way around. switched it off but still no improvement. can u help with the firewall thing. its acting like grt wall of china for me.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I dont use windows, So i can't help you in that issue. There are several WIndows techies round here, so they will be helping you soon.

Top Bottom