** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drgrudge said:
Hmm.. today my friend got his connection, so I am asking for him.

That BSNL guy said that we will be billed for every mb that we use. For they are cheating us by billing rs.500 for the month we have the connection activated (even if it's 29th of that month).

Plz tell clearly , I am confused now.

Yes, it was how they charged me for the first month. But dont know how it is as per their tariff stipulations.

V.Prem Kumar

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drgrudge said:
Yes, it was how they charged me for the first month.
How were you charged? Every mb you transfered was billed?

Yes but being not a heavy user, the usage and hence the billed amount was not much. BTW I am in the 250 plan and almost never exeed the 0.4 limit. Just surfing and occasional downloads.

V.Prem Kumar

go4saket

Is there any way of sending Fax through Broadband connection, thereby bypassing the extra phone bill for sending fax directly.

zuala77

Broken In
help data one problem

HI,i am getting a bsnl dataone broadband business 1200 256kbps,i would like to know the total cost involved including the modems rental,in their site it is written that 1200 monthly and 100 for modem rental and security deposit for one months rental plus 500 secu deposit for modem...but some people are saying much more please help?What will be the total cost when i go to their office for payment for business 1200 256 plus modem rental

go4saket

I dont think you have to pay anything when to go for the connection. Atleast I didnt had to. All the charges will reflect in your first bill that you receive after your connection.

As for the charges, incase if you go for the modem outright purchase, you will be charges Rs.1200 for it and no security deposit. Incase if you go for monthly rental scheme, you will be charges Rs.500 towards refundable security deposit and Rs.100 every month against modem rent. As you are opting for a Rs.1200 plan, every month you will be charged Rs.1200 towards your Broadband connection charge. I guess they have a free installation scheme going on. In fot, they will charge you Rs.250 towards installation.

Is Dataone really worth it when Netone is so cheap? It's 3 Rs./hour...even if you download music or software for say 2 hours/day the annual cost is only Rs. 2000+ without spending a dime on additional equipment.

go4saket

If speed is not an issue for you, stick to the one you are with, but if you want good speeds, BroadBand is the only answer...

sometimes my download speed shown is 33kBps or even greater (in bitcomet) though for a very short time. But I m using speed 256 so I cant get speed above 32kBps theoritically. So I wanna know is it BSNL giving me better speed or its my torrent client showing wrong information

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
BitComet is Cr@p client according to many private torrent sites. It keeps d/ling data that maybe discarded. See how much *useful* data you have d/led in the 6hrs time.

Always use BitTornado, Azureus or utorrent only.

Mr.Cool

Broken In
You are talking about bittorrent ???
That works fine na ??
Why all the fuss ??
Anywayz, suggest better torrents for me to d/w entire south indian languages songs.

go4saket

Check the below mentioned link for bittorrent links:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...41&PHPSESSID=9557772d551579d93f8bf75c1a91797a

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey, I wanted to know, out of query...

If our BSNL landline is dead, does it affect our broadband connection? Cause my landline was dead, & when i connected to dataone, the modem always used to get reset after every minute.

drgrudge said:
BitComet is Cr@p client according to many private torrent sites. It keeps d/ling data that maybe discarded. See how much *useful* data you have d/led in the 6hrs time.

Always use BitTornado, Azureus or utorrent only.

Just a thought,
Then why is Bitcomet rated better than all other clients in Download.com & even in ZDnet?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
My Landline is dead for last 3 days, and my BB works fine.

I've other experiences as well. There were situautions where my BB was also dead (frequent disconnection, complete dead) along with my Landline.

According to BSNL, BB uses different data channels in your telephone line, and has no connection with the channels that your telephone is using. So if the complaint is for channels that are being used by telephone, it won't affect BB. But if the whole telephone line is complaint, BB will be affected too.

ravimevcha

Journeyman
BSNL DataOne Broadband :How to measure Bandwidth Usage

i have BSNL DataOne internet connection.. they are initially providing 400mb bandwidth but I dont know how to measure bandwidth usage??

ravimevcha

Journeyman
it displying message "Sorry, you cannot access portal because your explore is not Cookie-enabled. Please set your exploreCookie-enabled, and access portal again! "

while I already set Accept All Cookie in privacy setting..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
what firewall do you use? Try turning off the privacy settings and adblocking in your firewall.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
ravimevcha said:
it displying message "Sorry, you cannot access portal because your explore is not Cookie-enabled. Please set your exploreCookie-enabled, and access portal again! "

while I already set Accept All Cookie in privacy setting..

even i had a similar prob
i turned off Zone Alarm
then there wasnt a prob

Top Bottom