** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
it has been three days. is anyone hearing my plea. one half of my net is not working someone help. no radio no windows medis sites no IE(well dont care much abt last one) help!!!!!!!!!!!

go4saket

I have teo phone lines and only one of them is BB enabled, i.e. I have a BB connection on one line. Is it possible to connect to the other line and use my username and password to connect. Will it accept BB in the other line which actually is not a BB enabled line.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
I have teo phone lines and only one of them is BB enabled, i.e. I have a BB connection on one line. Is it possible to connect to the other line and use my username and password to connect. Will it accept BB in the other line which actually is not a BB enabled line.

No

V.Prem Kumar

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
well some progress. have added IE into exception list of windows firewall but still no effect. it worked for quake 3 but not working in this case.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys, dont know whether others have experienced it, but my connection was almost down from 2 days, with sites hardly opening after 2-3 minutes.

However, now i've discovered that Shaplus is since then showing my usage records inclusive of the plan applied.

For eg:, instead of the Speed 256kbps column entry, it now displays:
Home Plan -500 Speed 256kbps

However, this wasnt implemented in my other account.

Waiting for responses from other users.
Savvy!

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Ya, there was problems for last two days. It connects and is dead after some 15-20 minutes. have to switch off/on the modem to get it back to work. And frequent disconnection too. It disconnects whenever an incoming/outgoing call is made on the phone.

When asked at the exchange, they told me that there are some technical probs with the exchange and they are trying to rectify that (for last 3 months!!!).

After a lot of frustration, I switched off the router packed it up and took my Good old Dax External dialup modem, and used it till today noon.

The problems seems to be solved somewhat now.

The disconnection while incoming/outgoing call was not solved, and it was there since i got my connection. Hmmm.. This is clearly against their claim

Can I use both phone and ADSL together?
Yes. ADSL uses a different set of frequencies and does not interfere with telephone conversation. Conversely, making a phone call while accessing the Internet does not affect the speed of the ADSL connection.

dreams

Gracias Senor
I want to get cleared in choosin a Modem which BSNL Provides..

In the App Form thr are 4 Modems Specified..

Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV.. i need to knw which one to choose.. money is not a problem.. and need to knw wats the difference..

hpotter606

Journeyman
Can anyone please tell me whats the official data limit for 500 plan of BSNL. Are they giving 1GB(1024 MB) or 1000MB?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@dreams: Already answered in this thread. Anyway goto *www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm for a comparison.

@hpotter: It's 1024 MB. ie 1 GB

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
hey guys I think, I have joined very late.
My BB connection will be installed tomorrow. My query is that yesterday when I went to the exchange & deposited 500/- as SD for modem, the executive told me, that in the TWO MONTH Trial offer (which i have opted), you can Dl / Ul only 400 MB. If you exceed this limit, u'll be charged accordingly. But my friend says that two moths surfing, downloading, uploading, eveything is free. NO installation charges also. Even the modem if u wish to keep, pay the difference amount after two moths. I'm very confused. Can any one clarify/ rectrify this statement.

go4saket

Yes, installation is free but d/l and u/l is limited to 400 MB and anything above it will be charged to you.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Mangal Pandey said:
hey guys I think, I have joined very late.
My BB connection will be installed tomorrow. My query is that yesterday when I went to the exchange & deposited 500/- as SD for modem, the executive told me, that in the TWO MONTH Trial offer (which i have opted), you can Dl / Ul only 400 MB. If you exceed this limit, u'll be charged accordingly. But my friend says that two moths surfing, downloading, uploading, eveything is free. NO installation charges also. Even the modem if u wish to keep, pay the difference amount after two moths. I'm very confused. Can any one clarify/ rectrify this statement.

Yes, you will be charged @ Rs.1.40/MB after the first 400 MB, like anybody else using the same plan.

V.Prem Kumar

AnilShenoy

Right off the assembly line
At what figures does 400 MB limit will be crossed ?

Total Recieve volume = 0.390 GB

or

Total Recieve volume = 0.4 GB ??

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
What happens when we get the connection now? Will I get 1gb till feb 28th or will I have to pay for whatever I use till the month end?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
drgrudge said:
What happens when we get the connection now? Will I get 1gb till feb 28th or will I have to pay for whatever I use till the month end?

U get the MB's according to the reamining days of the month calculated on the no. of days left in the month.they are calculated from the day ur new connection gets actiavted.

naveenchandran

In the zone
drgrudge said:
So when I get the connection activated on 15th of any month, I get 512mb for 15 days?

Yes! :shock:

@drgrudge

The people at BSNL are Idiots..

I got connection initailly at 10th last year.[Don't remember the month]
I was billed! I have not even crossed 1GB.

They told me since I got connection on 10th only around 700~800MB will be available and charged for the excess usage. :evil: :evil:

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm.. today my friend got his connection, so I am asking for him.

That BSNL guy said that we will be billed for every mb that we use. For they are cheating us by billing rs.500 for the month we have the connection activated (even if it's 29th of that month).

Plz tell clearly , I am confused now.

Top Bottom