** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^I am sorry,friend, as per theory and expert opinions,for BSNL network connection(landline),I.e. wired one,you need to have an ADSL2+ modem as primary requirement.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you have a wired modem, right ? Just connect it with the netgear router and set it up. I'm using years old modem bought from BSNL along with tenda wireless router.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
you have a wired modem, right ? Just connect it with the netgear router and set it up. I'm using years old modem bought from BSNL along with tenda wireless router.
I will be a bsnl customer soon so I'm trying to be sure what should I buy and what not. I just have a Netgear router without modem. Just let me know what do I need from bsnl. I also have an old landline phone which should work.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you need either a wired or wireless adsl modem / router. Now some wireless routers with modem can function both as wifi access point and modem for your telephone line unlike the netgear router you have which is only good as wireless access point. If you want to use the netgear router and cut some cost the get a wired adsl modem or else if you want hassle free set up just get a wireless router with modem functionality.

You will get a splitter and two cables with the modem box. Your current phone line will go into the splitter [ the one which is connected to your LL phone set now ]. Now connect one of the two wires with the splitter [ on the end where there's place for two RJ11 jacks side by side ] which came with modem. connect one to the splitter's RJ11 jack marked as phone and connect the other end to the LL phone. Repeat the same procedure with the other cable and splitter to connect with the modem.

sujeet2555

In the zone
hi,
this thread say all bsnl broadband query asked here ,so i am asking here.i have BBG Combo ULD 845 which give 6 GB FUP. bsnl is just keep increasing their plan price and also as service taxes have also gone up .this plan is costly for such speed.
this 6gb finishes in 1-2 days of watching youtube videos and i have never taken speed voucher for rest of month.it is also nuisance when bsnl give me message about fup.i just wants flat 512 speed with no fup and i see there is a plan "BBG Combo UL 675" on their site.is this good for me as i don't think they gonna raise speed for the same plan price ? why spend 845 for 512 speed when i can spend 675.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
If you are happy with 512kbps then go for it, there plenty of users here with that plan and using it 24 hours for downloading smaller devices like Raspberry PI ..

But yes, BSNL plans really sucks now.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I did exactly that. And going from higher speed to a lower speed makes you feel bad when that happens. Just do it and shift to the lower priced option with flat speed. Makes immense sense for us.

kg11sgbg

How much is the fully tax paid final bill per month for the 1445 Unlimited plan? It is a combo plan right?

Since I am under this Plan, I can provide you the details :--->

Service Tax : 12.00%

+

Educational CESS : 2.00%

+

Higher Edu. CESS : 1.00%

According to Bill(Final) in my case it comes at Rs.161.18
Though the amount will increase from April 2015 onwards due to increase in Service Tax as presented in the Budget.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I think you meant 1611.80
The incresed service tax is going to hit my present bill too which comes to around 750-800 per month.

Hence I am looking at an increase of 800+ per month.

It is still significant considering that it is not an essential service for me.

To upgrade or not to upgrade is the dilemma because I know that if I do then coming down to 512 Kbps would be killing :(

kg11sgbg

I think you meant 1611.80
The incresed service tax is going to hit my present bill too which comes to around 750-800 per month.

Hence I am looking at an increase of 800+ per month.

It is still significant considering that it is not an essential service for me.

To upgrade or not to upgrade is the dilemma because I know that if I do then coming down to 512 Kbps would be killing :(

Nope it's Rs.161.18p only as per my Bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an excerpt of the BSNL bill for February 2015 :--->
*img540.imageshack.us/img540/3416/KGg24p.png
Just have a look at the Service Tax Column and verify the cost.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Sorry I was not very clear. I meant the total amount per month not the service tax alone.

I am on 675 plan now and including service tax I have to pay around 750 per month.
So if I shift to 1445 plan I was expecting to pay 1650 to 1700 per month.

What is that discount of 200 something in your bill for?

kg11sgbg

^ Initially it was a 20% discount,but now only 10% discount is being given by BSNL.
The Landline Telephone is registered under my name,and I work in a public sector organization(for which I availed the discount),thus the discount.

sujeet2555

In the zone
i am also shifting to 675 plan . can i change the plan online ? also when should i change like at the end of month (so the new plan start from next month). i haven't change it before.

kg11sgbg

i am also shifting to 675 plan . can i change the plan online ? also when should i change like at the end of month (so the new plan start from next month). i haven't change it before.

You may try at this :---> Loading Portal...

Top Bottom