** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
your old modem was not capable of handling low snr values but newer/better models adjust themselves according to low snr values to provide relatively stable connection.

I get frequent page not found errors with tp link w8968 when snr values are less than 10.......also my attenuation values are always like 36~38dB downstream and 28~32dB upstream, i have a 4mbps 30 gb fup play but even when the fup is not over i get max download around 400 KBps ~ 3.2mbps..........

Is my modem at fault here?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all the default upper value of speed limit for all bsnl home broadband connections is 4mbps,to get 8mbps you have to go to your local bsnl office to set connection speed to 8mbps.

snr values less than 10 are poor & facing issues is expected.some combination of luck,modem hardware & line quality may give stable connection at these values but consider it exception not rule.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Any RailWire users in Kerala here? I want to know the service quality of them. I tried calling some numbers to check whether this was available in my area. No luck so far.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is a project/company of indian railway with some very good speed plans but very limited coverage area.if you are not living in whitefield area of bangalore or some railway colony in a big city then forget about it.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
it is a project/company of indian railway with some very good speed plans but very limited coverage area.if you are not living in whitefield area of bangalore or some railway colony in a big city then forget about it.

I have rail wire in Ahmednagar at my home.
Yep it's Indian Railway Broadband company first aimed to prove broadband to all it's employees.

Now it has a large subscriber base in Tier-II cities.

Plans-
*www.railwire.co.in/tarrifs-and-plans.html

I am on 2mbps 799/- FUP 20 GB.
At my native place.

Pretty good company.99 % uptime as far as I experienced

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have rail wire in Ahmednagar at my home.
Yep it's Indian Railway Broadband company first aimed to prove broadband to all it's employees.

Now it has a large subscriber base in Tier-II cities.

Plans-*www.railwire.co.in/tarrifs-and-plans.html

I am on 2mbps 799/- FUP 20 GB.
At my native place.

Pretty good company.99 % uptime as far as I experienced.Only 2 times 6 hr shutdown since last 8 months.

what are the post FUP speeds?

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Issue came back again. Bsnl guy came and installed a LJU cum splitter. He said there was some earth in the cables. Donno what that means.

Hope issue is solved.

Upstream snr is shown as 6 and downstream is 18.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
No noise in the phone. It is crystal clear. Guy changed all the pins too. So I don't think it is corrosion. Lemme analyze the performance tonight.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Is there a way to maybe contact the regional heads and ask them to implement newer unlimited plans (like in this thread: *www.digit.in/forum/technology-news...ad-introduces-1gb-email-account-new-post.html) in our circles too?

Does Bsnl broadband require PC to be always on in order to access internet on mobile devices thru wifi?

nope, just your router needs to be on.

Top Bottom