** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

theBSNLgamer

New to this forum
*www.pingtest.net/result/114960929.png

*www.pingtest.net/result/114959525.png

I want to play some online games. Servers are in EU. I'm used to 170 ms ping with my previous ISP.

Solutions?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kudos to BSNL!
I gratefully and thankfully salute BSNL for their outstanding service,here at DUM DUM Telephone Exchange,Calcutta/Kolkata Circle.
Today at Morning the Internet/Broadband line was down,as according to the blinking lights on my modem/router as shown.I was unable to connect to the net.
But Phone line was O.K. with incoming/outgoing calls functioning normally without issues,noise,etc. any problem whatsoever.
Before going to my office,I registered a fault booking comlaint(through my mobile phone) of BSNL Broadband,and it was registered successfully.

After 11:30a.m.and thereafter during the afternoon hrs., BSNL contacted my House through the landline thrice!!!!!
Once my Mother and twice my Spouse attended the calls(as I was in office),by which they got assurances/re-assurances of normalising the service of Broadband/Internet latest by evening.
Now everything is working fine and completely normal.....................................................:-D:wink::p
Great work BSNL,DUM DUM Telephone Exchange(Local exchange).

I now kicka$$ Reliance for their Thunder Plans,which I was intending to have one by disabling the BSNL Broadband line and keeping the voice call line active only(Reliance contacted me through e-mail a few times,but suddenly stopped communicating.)
No use of switching to Reliance,when I am getting such extraordinary service from BSNL.

Thank You BSNL.

Buddy it's your right and you should get service like this. It's not that anyone is doing anything special for you.Anyway, long story short I had faced a broken cable issue a few days earlier and it took 5 days for them to fix it. Had to visit the exchange in person to get their lazy a$$ back to work. Previously a complaint needed only a few hours to resolve but day by day it's getting too slow.

- - - Updated - - -

*www.pingtest.net/result/114960929.png

*www.pingtest.net/result/114959525.png

I want to play some online games. Servers are in EU. I'm used to 170 ms ping with my previous ISP.

Solutions?

nothing I can think of. Try to find a server located in asia.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Buddy it's your right and you should get service like this. It's not that anyone is doing anything special for you.Anyway, long story short I had faced a broken cable issue a few days earlier and it took 5 days for them to fix it. Had to visit the exchange in person to get their lazy a$$ back to work. Previously a complaint needed only a few hours to resolve but day by day it's getting too slow.
Wholeheartedly admitting your comments,friend,I state that at least BSNL,DUM DUM is much ahead in provding service to customers as a right,for the past couple of years.It might be due to some group of officials and staff who are eager/keen to perform their duties,or may be due to influential ,powerful ,political ntervention or whatever it might be.
Trust me friend,I and my family members are really satisfied by their service.
Where is your BSNL(local telephone) exchange?

kg11sgbg

Kudos to DUM DUM Telephone exchange,BSNL,Kolkata Telephones(Circle).
Even fixing issues for the BroadBand Internet connection,2 days before,they again contacted through landline twice YESTERDAY to ensure and verify if everything is fixed and is in place.
Thank You again BSNL for the courteous service to us.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Code:
[TABLE="class: tabdata, width: 760, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"][COLOR=#000000]Downstream[/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] [COLOR=#000000]Upstream[/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="width: 280"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
 [TD="class: light-orange"][/TD]
[TD][RIGHT] [COLOR=#000000]SNR Margin[/COLOR][/RIGHT]
[/TD]
[TD][CENTER]:[/CENTER]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 35.5 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 9.0[/TD]
[TD]db[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][RIGHT] [COLOR=#000000]Line Attenuation[/COLOR][/RIGHT]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 25.5 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]  15.0 [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]db[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][RIGHT] [COLOR=#000000]Data Rate[/COLOR][/RIGHT]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]  1984 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]   832 [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]kbps[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][RIGHT] Max Rate[/RIGHT]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]  10496 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]  1092 [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]kbps[/TD]
[/TR]
 [TR]
[TD][RIGHT] POWER[/RIGHT]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 19.0  [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]  12.0  [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]dbm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][RIGHT] CRC[/RIGHT]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]  0[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"]  22745[/TD]
[TD="width: 280"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Guys is this good? I am having frequent disconnections for the last 4 days or so.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it depends on connection speed & how a particular modem calculates snr values.for a typical bsnl 2/4mbps connection.what matters more is that even if snr value is ~7 it should be stable & there should be no crc errors.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
it depends on connection speed & how a particular modem calculates snr values.for a typical bsnl 2/4mbps connection.what matters more is that even if snr value is ~7 it should be stable & there should be no crc errors.
With my older modem the connection was not at all stable but with the new modem the connection is perfect. Why is that.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your old modem was not capable of handling low snr values but newer/better models adjust themselves according to low snr values to provide relatively stable connection.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
your old modem was not capable of handling low snr values but newer/better models adjust themselves according to low snr values to provide relatively stable connection.

Oh, I never knew that.

- - - Updated - - -

I thin k bsnl must be little more careful in putting their cables

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

- - - Updated - - -

nothing I can think of. Try to find a server located in asia.

He is just one lucky chap..
For me its nothing less than nightmare.. it took them more than a year to replace my dropwire and they did only when I wrote a written application in Hindi and sent to seniors through registered mails.. otherwise they always had excuse they don't have any cable / dropwire in stock.. they used to register complaint and show status as resolved by evening... I have been using 3G postpay plan now .. bsnl only serves as backup.. as you can't rely on it as main line.

- - - Updated - - -

Flipkart isn't opening since last day, on any of the devices. I'm using Google DNS since day 1.
Changing to opendns didn't help. :(

Can anybody confirm if they are having the same problem?

- - - Updated - - -

BSNL increased the plan rates without notice :mad:

*bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html

I guess they want customers to switch to other providers, they are already lot more costlier than other options..

kg11sgbg

He is just one lucky chap..
For me its nothing less than nightmare.. it took them more than a year to replace my dropwire and they did only when I wrote a written application in Hindi and sent to seniors through registered mails.. otherwise they always had excuse they don't have any cable / dropwire in stock.. they used to register complaint and show status as resolved by evening... I have been using 3G postpay plan now .. bsnl only serves as backup.. as you can't rely on it as main line.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess they want customers to switch to other providers, they are already lot more costlier than other options..
Not me only,but several lucky chaps under DUM DUM Telephone exchange,BSNL,Kolkata Circle.
In fact where is your local BSNL exchange?
A lot depends upon the technical + support + admin. staff of local BSNL exchange.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Tech from exchange called and told me to change dns to 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8. I told him I was already using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. He told me this will fix the problem.

I am getting stable connection even with 6.4 upstream snr (in morning). The problem (disconnection) starts only after 6pm. After 11/12pm it fails even to connect. I have explained all these to the tech guy.

Will have to check what happens tonight.

amjath

Human Spambot
Tech from exchange called and told me to change dns to 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8. I told him I was already using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. He told me this will fix the problem.

I am getting stable connection even with 6.4 upstream snr (in morning). The problem (disconnection) starts only after 6pm. After 11/12pm it fails even to connect. I have explained all these to the tech guy.

Will have to check what happens tonight.

its happened to as well, but it got fixed automatically

Top Bottom