** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@topgear and other forum friends,have any idea when BSNL is going to make 2Mbps as the "default" bandwidth for BroadBand Internet connection, from the present "CRAP" 256kbps?
In that case,what will be the status of BSNL BB Home Combo 900ULD Plan,currently in which I am ?

rider

as Kratos
I'm having BSNL 1350UL connection in which I generally gets 4mbps for 30GB and then 512kbps.
But this august I get only 2mbps speed for about 12-13GB not more than that. Now I'm getting 512kbps.
I think I should change to 750UL :?
Please somebody give me BSNL CC number.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Presently I'm on BSNL 700ULD 1Mbps till 6GB and 512kbps after that.

Confused about changing to BSNL 1350ULD, 4Mbps till 20GB and 512kbps after that. What are your suggestion guys..??

I'm into heavy downloading (Presently I solve this need from my Office :p) and watching online Videos and sometimes I Watch movies from Youtube too :p

rider

as Kratos
Presently I'm on BSNL 700ULD 1Mbps till 6GB and 512kbps after that.

Confused about changing to BSNL 1350ULD, 4Mbps till 20GB and 512kbps after that. What are your suggestion guys..??

I'm into heavy downloading (Presently I solve this need from my Office :p) and watching online Videos and sometimes I Watch movies from Youtube too :p

Read my above post I use 1350UL. It is supposed to give you 4Mbps for 30GB then 512kbps unlimited.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm having BSNL 1350UL connection in which I generally gets 4mbps for 30GB and then 512kbps.
But this august I get only 2mbps speed for about 12-13GB not more than that. Now I'm getting 512kbps.
I think I should change to 750UL :?
Please somebody give me BSNL CC number.

try this :

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It was use to be 20GB but now increased to 30GB without any info.

Give me link where you read that?
All I get is this LINK where the speed is 2Mbps till 15GB

Nice :)

BB Plan Selector <= Not Updated

*www.bsnl.co.in:9080/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_combo_unlim.html

drmintumathew

Right off the assembly line
I recently started using the bsnl broadband connection....as of now i am satisfied with the speed ....but when i connect the phone and net via the splitter (bsnl provided) i am getting only a single ring from the telephone for incoming calls .... i can use the phone and net perfectly but am missing important calls because of this ....can any one help...should i get a different splitter

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I recently started using the bsnl broadband connection....as of now i am satisfied with the speed ....but when i connect the phone and net via the splitter (bsnl provided) i am getting only a single ring from the telephone for incoming calls .... i can use the phone and net perfectly but am missing important calls because of this ....can any one help...should i get a different splitter

The probabilities of Phone fault as marked by @topgear & @thetechfreak is the most common and valid suggestion by them.
Another small suggestion, is that never use "PARALLEL" connection in the ADSL splitter provided by BSNL or others.It creates a hell lot of problems regarding net connectivity.In fact,BSNL in their web-site has provided with diagrams of connection amongst:---> PC + ADSL2+/ADSL modem/Wireless + Telephone, banning the use of "Parallel" connections of Telephones.

Splitter comes at a cost of Rs.30/- or likewise,better buy a good Telephone set from SIEMENS/ORPAT/PANASONIC/BEETEL/BPL(if present) according to your choice.
BSNL Telephones are usually "crapware" and mainly second/third handed!!!???

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Hi all , due to recent moving of PC to a different room in the house , I had to change the existing setup of telephone connections .

Now the cable is very lengthy from the splitter to the modem . Will the length reduce my broadband speed or connectivity ?

Previously before the change I had a local snr of 20+ as I remember and Max attainable Line rate was ~8000kbps . Now it is reduced to 16.5 and 5276kbps :(

Is it because of the plan change I recently made ? ( I shifted from bbgfn 500 to bb ul 499 )

Here is the page showing snr and attenuation .

Untitled20120818125420.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Remote SNR margin not so good - should be above 10db at-least.

BTW, recently even I'm facing some issues with SNR margin - called BSNL guys to check the lines but they said this happens in monsoon season - not sure if it's true or not ??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in last few weeks after monsoon started i have ran my 500combo connection with downstream snr of ~7 with no dial tone in phone at full 2mbps.before monsoon my snr used to be at least ~23-25.but i know it is a line problem because upstream snr is still usual at ~20.still i can confirm that even with this low snr you can perfectly get expected full speeds on a 2mbps connection.what matters is the fluctuation in snr value(open modem info page & keep refreshing it continuously).if snr value changes within a range of 5-6(say 7-13) while never less than 6.0 then even if phone doesn't work net will work just fine.

Top Bottom