** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Pragadheesh

In the zone
Hi,

I reside in Bangalore and I am using BSNL Combo 500 plan(Night 2an-8am Unlimited and Day time usage is 1.5GB).

Recently I found that my download during the time 2AM-8AM has been charged. I put uTorrent scheduler and went to sleep by 845pm. I am sure that No download happened till 2am. But BSNL has charged the entire download.

How can I rectify this problem.? Whom should be contacted? Any help please.

See below my download details.

Start Time : 13-02-2011 08:59:27 PM
Stop Time : 14-02-2011 07:29:47 AM
Download (KB) : 802924
Upload (KB) : 231874
Total Units (KB) : 1034798
Chargeable Units(KB) Excluding Night Unlimited: 1034798 :(

Thanks in advance.

neo_anderson

Broken In
hi everyone,

I was expecting frequent broadband disconnections for a while now. I was having UTStarcom Wifi modem, with UL750 plan. Speeds were good, in browsing as well as in utorrent. But frequent problems made the BSNL people change my modem to AR800V v3.0 yesterday, after which I am facing low speeds, both in browsing and utorrent. Please help me out. I am attaching screenshots of router config and speedtest. I am in Ahmedabad.

Please tell me if i am doing something wrong

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Hi,

Been using BSNL 750+ broadband with UTStarCom WA3002-g1 router for a few years now. Since two weeks, i'm unable to access several ( random ) websites including thepiratebay , sourceforge , mangaspoiler.com . The download speed with uTorrent is fine ( 63kB/s ) but other downloads have become slower ( 20kB/s ).I've tried contacting the customer service but to no avail.

Resetting the router has had no effect. The problem persists in Windows XP, Ubuntu and Windows 7 and presents itself even in my laptop.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose the issue and solve it ? Or is it time to switch over to Airtel or some other BB ISP ?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Issue solved.

Reduced MTU from the default 1500 to 1456.

LAN has a MTU of 1500. Dont see why this could cause a problem. Maybe some of the bsnl servers cant handle MTU of 1500 ? Then why was I the only one experiencing trouble ? Perhaps the issue is connected with the ADSL MODEM at the BSNL switching center.

If anyone can throw some light over the WHY, i'm all ears.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
Hi,

I reside in Bangalore and I am using BSNL Combo 500 plan(Night 2an-8am Unlimited and Day time usage is 1.5GB).

Recently I found that my download during the time 2AM-8AM has been charged. I put uTorrent scheduler and went to sleep by 845pm. I am sure that No download happened till 2am. But BSNL has charged the entire download.

How can I rectify this problem.? Whom should be contacted? Any help please.

See below my download details.

Start Time : 13-02-2011 08:59:27 PM
Stop Time : 14-02-2011 07:29:47 AM
Download (KB) : 802924
Upload (KB) : 231874
Total Units (KB) : 1034798
Chargeable Units(KB) Excluding Night Unlimited: 1034798 :(

Thanks in advance.

same issue here they charged my whole night unlimited and send me a bill for Rs.6850

sujoyp

Grand Master
U people should understand that its a govt company...I too have paid 7000 and 5000 2 years back but after that I understood the system....

Look simply u just can not schedule the torrent and go to sleep...U have to restart the net connection after 2 and disconnect it before 8.

If u dont want to do it manually seach for softwares which will automate it.

Steps to be followed
1.Keep the PC started and disconenct the internet
2. Schedule the utorrent to start automatically on window start and shedule it to download after 2 and stop after 8.
3. I am using Inticker to connect internet at 2:05
4.I use poweroff to shutdown the PC at 7:55

Thats It:)

Try it:grin:

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
U people should understand that its a govt company...I too have paid 7000 and 5000 2 years back but after that I understood the system....

Look simply u just can not schedule the torrent and go to sleep...U have to restart the net connection after 2 and disconnect it before 8.

If u dont want to do it manually seach for softwares which will automate it.

Steps to be followed
1.Keep the PC started and disconenct the internet
2. Schedule the utorrent to start automatically on window start and shedule it to download after 2 and stop after 8.
3. I am using Inticker to connect internet at 2:05
4.I use poweroff to shutdown the PC at 7:55

Thats It:)

Try it:grin:

but i use to connect to my internet after 2 am( 2:10am to 2:30 am ) and disconnect it after 7:30 am , even if i am using internet before that i disconnect it on 2:01 and again on 2:10 and then reconnect it , earlier everything was fine but now they charged the total usage from this month of feb , should i write directly to nodal or general manager of BSNL( for my area )

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I am on BSNL ULD 1350. The advertised speed on the website is 4mbps upto 20 GB but all I get is 2mbps (Around 220KB/s). What should I do?

masterkd

Padawan
should i write directly to nodal or general manage of BSNL( for my area )

well, i had the same problem once..wrote lots of letters and wasted complete 3 days in telephone bhavan but nothing happened..in the end i had to cough up 2.5k..bsnl never accepts faults on thier side!!

sujoyp

Grand Master
but i use to connect to my internet after 2 am( 2:10am to 2:30 am ) and disconnect it after 7:30 am , even if i am using inter before that i disconnect it on 2:01 and again on 2:10 and then reconnect it , earlier everything was fine but now they charged the total usage from this month of feb , should i write directly to nodal or general manage of BSNL( for my area )

bro can u show us the usage stastics...I mean take a snapshot of usage page of that month and post it here....i am sure there must be something wrong

or download this software from How to check BSNL Broadband usage
and post the statistics or graph anything

R2K

In the Zone
How much does BSNL charge for New broadband connections
I am planning to go with 512 kbps UL.
how much will i have to pay for setting up the whole thing( i mean deposit modem charges etc)

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
bro can u show us the usage stastics...I mean take a snapshot of usage page of that month and post it here....i am sure there must be something wrong

or download this software from How to check BSNL Broadband usage
and post the statistics or graph anything

here i am attaching my single screen shot for my usage of my usage, please have a look link of a excel file BBUsageSessionDetails_List.xls all red marked and bold are my night usage .

To be honest I am not gonna pay a single penny extra to them , its their fault , why should a customer gonaa suffer and pay for that ?

Last edited:

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
How much does BSNL charge for New broadband connections
I am planning to go with 512 kbps UL.
how much will i have to pay for setting up the whole thing( i mean deposit modem charges etc)
if you already have a landline connection
then bb moderm security Rs.500+ BB installation charge Rs.250+ Rs.750 (1 month security , if you don't have a Landline the add Rs 500(security )+ Installation charge Rs 500

your First bill will be 2500+moderm rent + taxes= Rs.2845.00..:grin:

well, i had the same problem once..wrote lots of letters and wasted complete 3 days in telephone bhavan but nothing happened..in the end i had to cough up 2.5k..bsnl never accepts faults on thier side!!
well thanks for sharing your experience bro , but if it will happen with me i will write directly to the president or C.E.O of bsnl with sub cheating and fraud done by bsnl and then write a grievance to CPGRAMS
check the link first following the simple procedure of tier 3 Consumer grievances

I am on BSNL ULD 1350. The advertised speed on the website is 4mbps upto 20 GB but all I get is 2mbps (Around 220KB/s). What should I do?

Created a selfcare Id and register a service complaint for no data/ slow data .you willl get a call from their cc executive within 3 days

Rockstar11

Technomancer
i need cheap bsnl unlimited plan...
BB Home Unlimited 499 or BB Home Combo Unlimited 625 ?

i am currently using the BB Home UL 750 plan with landline phone Monthly fixed charges Rs 120

R2K

In the Zone
if you already have a landline connection
then bb moderm security Rs.500+ BB installation charge Rs.250+ Rs.750 (1 month security , if you don't have a Landline the add Rs 500(security )+ Installation charge Rs 500

your First bill will be 2500+moderm rent + taxes= Rs.2845.00..:grin:

WTF...Thats hefty.....
How much do i have to pay if i already have a land phone connection?(Beacuse i already have a BSNL landline for like 15 years)

And how long does it take to get the application processed and connection to get activated
BTW i am planning to take 512kbps UL

sujoyp

Grand Master
WTF...Thats hefty.....
How much do i have to pay if i already have a land phone connection?(Beacuse i already have a BSNL landline for like 15 years)

And how long does it take to get the application processed and connection to get activated

Dont worry now days bsnl activates the connection in a weeks time...512kbps is great i used it for last 1 year...but not good in summer coz computer will get soo heated up downloading all day n night.
I switched to 600combo+:grin:

@Prakash29617...I will show u my usage...that way u would understand better...will put the screenshot in night

R2K

In the Zone
^^
I am gonna come home for vacation..and i need internet all day long....so UL conn. is a must
And i have my old pc at home(Not sure if it is still working as it was shutdown before 2 years when i left home) which can be used as a download rig :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
my usage in bsnl site

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TYeVqeyrqqI/AAAAAAAAF50/iVAK56unz44/s800/usage.JPG

and this is the graph...very useful to keep track of downloads
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TYeVrf-yzXI/AAAAAAAAF54/NMeATZ-m44s/s800/chart.JPG

here u can see the blue mark is night download and pink is day usage...even MB is written below it

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
my usage in bsnl site

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TYeVqeyrqqI/AAAAAAAAF50/iVAK56unz44/s800/usage.JPG

and this is the graph...very useful to keep track of downloads
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TYeVrf-yzXI/AAAAAAAAF54/NMeATZ-m44s/s800/chart.JPG

here u can see the blue mark is night download and pink is day usage...even MB is written below it

Sujoy I dont have a dataone a/c posting screen shot from bill analysis in attaachments , i have only selfcare id tomorrow i will visit to my regional bsnl office and will create a dataone account and also have to write a complaint to SDO for the same . lets see what happens :grin:

WTF...Thats hefty.....

well in my case i got a bb connection within 3 days of submitting application:grin:

you have to pay Rs. 750 as a security for ul plan+Rs. 500 for moderm security (refundable)+ moderm rent Rs.60/80+ monthly usage charge Rs .750 + taxes total =Rs.2294.4
If you register upto 31 march you will get 15 days unlimited 2 mbps download check this link

Last edited:
Top Bottom