Petrol price may rise by Rs.5/L, diesel Rs.3/L, LPG Rs.50/cylinder

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^
Falling rupee to benefit IT cos - Times Of India
some companies from sectors like software, pharmaceuticals and metals & mining which stand to gain from the sliding rupee

also related

*business.rediff.com/slide-show/201...-why-china-keeps-its-currency-undervalued.htm

big part of the prolem is that fuel was always subsidized here, the govt is actually paying for a lot of your fuel

*www.iea.org/papers/2009/petroleum_pricing.pdf

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
India's import is much much bigger than its export so overall rupees decline will effect us badly.btw subsidy on petrolum products is just a joke bcoz our government impose huge taxes on these. These taxes are much bigger than the subsidy.

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Effective public tranport does not means that we will get low cost transport.japan and many EU countries have many times more effective public transport than ours but the cost of transportation is much much higher than ours.
Efficient public transport is needed. That's all.

R2K

In the Zone
Effective public tranport does not means that we will get low cost transport.japan and many EU countries have many times more effective public transport than ours but the cost of transportation is much much higher than ours.

Thats because they got modern trains and Luxury buses for public transport. I don't see that happening in India in near future.
But still if some effort comes into implementing a better public transportation ( mid range luxury or atleast clean :D ) , it will still help people.:|

Last edited:
Public Transport is pathetically hopeless atleast in Bangalore.

Critical routes sometimes have no buses for 1 hour at a stretch and when the buses arrive, they are hopelessly crowded that it is impossible to breathe or stand in them.

We can't even sit in volvo buses (paying 5x the fares) and I remember once having to hang from a Volvo to reach my destination.

Metro is now largely a propaganda. Its taking ages to complete construction, the currently open corridor only covers a certain tiny part of the city and the rest of the metro work has resulted in most good roads being full of traffic jams.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Public transport is still very cheap for people living in those countries. Much cheaper than using a personal vehicle. Your point is moot. Don't judge everything at the Indian scale.

Example of Gurgaon - a so called "developing" city of India. You drop me anywhere in the city, I can't reach home. Should be the story of every "city" in India. There is NO public transport at all. Reason why everyone buys a car/bike for himself. Consumption goes high. Petrol prices go up. Figure it out.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
lazy scientists, cant even get the resources we need from the earth
diesel prices affect public transport
bus prices are expensive now, 20 Rs used to be enough to go all the way around town and back, now you need at least 50 Rs

Bankers won't allow anytime soon to replace fossil fuel ..... don't blame scientists

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Public transport is still very cheap for people living in those countries. Much cheaper than using a personal vehicle. Your point is moot. Don't judge everything at the Indian scale.

Example of Gurgaon - a so called "developing" city of India. You drop me anywhere in the city, I can't reach home. Should be the story of every "city" in India. There is NO public transport at all. Reason why everyone buys a car/bike for himself. Consumption goes high. Petrol prices go up. Figure it out.

Not even Auto? :shock:

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ auto, taxi can't be counted as public transport...(if you are talking to save fuel..)

Same scene around my locality

Sarath

iDota
They should just drop the subsidy on petrol and diesel. Instead subsidising diesel just for public transport and the original cause "for farmers etc" should be kept.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah did some calculations on a normal route
takes 70 bucks worth of petrol for my 10 yo 4 stroke bike to go from my house to where my college used to be
used to take 28 bucks both ways by bus, this was considerably cheaper than using a bike
recently this went up to 50 bucks, now convenience of bike is easier at just 20 bucks more , plus no need to wait
the AC bus fare costs 80 bucks, which is more than the cost of going by bike

if they selectively subsidize based on who is using it, you will get a lot of farmers selling diesel on the sly to those malls who want to burn it for power, or maybe truck drivers... or whoever

yeah did some calculations on a normal route
takes 70 bucks worth of petrol for my 10 yo 4 stroke bike to go from my house to where my college used to be
used to take 28 bucks both ways by bus, this was considerably cheaper than using a bike
recently this went up to 50 bucks, now convenience of bike is easier at just 20 bucks more , plus no need to wait
the AC bus fare costs 80 bucks, which is more than the cost of going by bike

if they selectively subsidize based on who is using it, you will get a lot of farmers selling diesel on the sly to those malls who want to burn it for power, or maybe truck drivers... or whoever

Same here. My petrol drinking (37-47 mileage) 1999 Suzuki Samurai works out to be cheaper than most public transport available for my daily commute, and even more so if you consider the fact that time is money and bikes save lots of time compared to public transport.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like Bangalore prices are screwed.

Maximum route price in Delhi via DTC bus = Rs. 15.

Dhaula Kuan to Noida = over 30 km. Rs. 15 via Bus.

Dwarka to Noida = over 40 km. Rs. 20~ via metro.

One way.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyways, public transport in India sucks. Being an Indian, I can't really tolerate my country to be behind in anything. Dunno why dumbarse janta and politician are happy with India being a shithole.

Take this for example - Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - Economic Times

and we have crores who have nothing to eat.

Top Bottom