Petrol price may rise by Rs.5/L, diesel Rs.3/L, LPG Rs.50/cylinder

Tech&ME

Banned
Petrol prices has gone up in many different countries. India is not alone.

The fact of the matter is:

1. India imports Oil from Gulf Countries.

2. Oil Wells are drying up.

We need alternate renewable energy sources, for example

1. Solar powered vehicles. [ battery operated ]

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Check this
Comparison of Global Petrol Prices across the world with India

Look, at Qatar its priced only Rs.14 :(
Its cheaper because they don't need to import from other countries. They have the large quantity of oil resourse with them.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Jan 15 2000# 25.94
Jan 12 2002 27.54
Jan 03 2003 29.93
Jan 01 2004 33.70
Jun 21 2005 40.49
Apr 01 2006 43.51
Feb 16 2007 42.85
Feb 15 2008 45.52
Jan 29 2009 40.62
Feb 27 2010 47.43
Jan 16 2011 58.37
Dec 01 2011 65.64
May 26 2012 73.18 Rs/Ltr

Piyush

Lanaya
Future of Kaun Banega Crorepati

"Bohot hi umdaa khele aap!! Khel ka aakhiri question, 100 Ltr petrol ke liye ,ye raha aapki screen par!!!!"

*toonoottoonoootoonoooooo.......*

Anish

Spectre
Our government cannot lower the prices of basic commodities and could not provide adequate electricity, yet very generous to give 5000MW for pakistan :mrgreen:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
So if the Prices of Rupee falls in International market and buying oil gets costlier somehow why should the Oil companies should bear loss and be scape goat just so we get fuel at cheaper rate. How can we even oppose the price hike ? Its not like oil companies are making profit.Infact every day oil companies loose crores .

Indian Oil Corp is losing Rs 500 million on under-recoveries on petrol per day and so far in this fiscal has lost Rs 10.56 billion

Why are we acting like petrol is like some kind of basic necessity like water or blood.

I think government should just let the market regulate the price of Petrol ,diesel or gas even if it touches 100 Rs Per Liter instead of bleeding the oil companies dry.

Please act in a human way.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Check this
Comparison of Global Petrol Prices across the world with India

Look, at Qatar its priced only Rs.14 :(
Its cheaper because they don't need to import from other countries. They have the large quantity of oil resourse with them.

rrrr...India also has oil wells.
And my city has a Huge Petrol refinery why no cheaper petrol for us?

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
rrrr...India also has oil wells.
And my city has a Huge Petrol refinery why no cheaper petrol for us?

Refinery does not mean that we have the resources as well. India imports crude oil and refines them for petroleum and other products.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
They should protest such a way.That congress Yends its rule in Yindia.And we Yindians Get Real Yindependence

This is going to get worse. As developing countries like China and India grow in oil demand, this price is only going to go up.
Natural resources are finite and demand is increasing. This is not going to get any better unless advanced countries reduce their consumption OR OPEC increases production/some huge oil reserves are found like Iraq.

So get prepared for even higher prices in near future at least. Though congress is spineless, dont blame them for this increase :p

saranshmohite

Right off the assembly line
petrol price hike has caused a lot of problems.... this would help us in such a situation....:-D
Rajni Meets His Match! - YouTube

Top Bottom