PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Re: PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Uh, stop trolling lol.

Try playing surround with 3x 65" tvs. Good luck keeping your head straight lol. 4 or 6 screens will result in central bifurcation.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

Thats no troll, I have a friend with a 55 inch lcd to game on, Its samsung 3d LED TV it is much much better any Monitor out there. With that, he has a onkoyo surround system, its just very good for gaming or movies. All in a room nicely setup with couches and bean bags just for gaming, with ps3, xbox and wii, all three, lots of wireless contorllers. I played this 3d game once, it was the best fps shooter, coz of the 3d, it really worked.

Sarath

iDota

^^ Was it killzone 3?

Most probably is. A console set up like that seems like a "kings gaming room"
BTW my friend has a projector to game on. Everything more awesome save the 3D effect.

But all this is for console gaming. Even a 32" monitor will be too huge for close viewing for a Desktop.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

yes that was the game, played with the move controllers! The nuke explosions were brilliant.
the big screen with all those vivid colors made the difference, you don't sit too close of course.

Sarath

iDota

^ Don't get confused. I am talking about PC gaming, which is usually done up close.
So a discussion about console gaming and set ups would feel out of place in this thread.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

EG i asked the guy hes going to run open platform. i hope he buys tx 650 v2 coz if he doesnt find gs 600 he will go for cx600 which would be a disaster.

he has ordered noctua d14 from itwares mumbai.
do you guys have rahul's number atleast in that field i can assist him, even if he is reluctant to take my psu suggestion.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Jas, need a small update in the 3D gaming rig, in the GPU price. Now the Zotac 560 2 GB GDDR5 is available @ 12.1K + Vat in Lynx-india. Check it here.
Even with adding tax, the price will be 12.7K

So I gusess, there will be 1K price drop in GPU price. For the single GPU solution, check for Palit GTX 580 3GB @ 29.2K in HERE.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Zotac Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 @12.1K :shock:

Now we can expect price drop in MSI cards.

P.S. We need PC Buying Guide- September 2011. ;)

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

guys what about this HTPC -

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1100
Graphic Card |MSI R6670-MD1GD5|5300
HDD |WDC 2TB Green|4000
Blu-ray Burner |Asus BW-12B1LT 3D|8700
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |??|??
TV |??|??
Keyboard & Mouse |??|??
UPS |??|??
Speakers |??|??
| Total |20600

suggestions to put up?

Zotac Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 @12.1K :shock:

Now we can expect price drop in MSI cards.

P.S. We need PC Buying Guide- September 2011. ;)

coming up :grin:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ you have transformed it into a gaming rig rather than a HTPC which should capable of decoding HD movies very well and at the same time not so much power consuming device :

Here's my suggestion for a HTPC build ;-)

AMD Athlon II X2 255 @ 2.9k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k
G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT@ 1.1k
Asus BW-12B1LT @ 7.4k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2k
Silverstone GD04 HTPC Cabinet @ 5.2k
BenQ G2420HD @ 10k
Logitech MK320 @ 1.4k
Logitech Z-506 @ 5k
APC 600VA UPS @ 1.8k

d3p

PowerHouse

Guys, Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k is not available anywhere neither locally nor online, as lot of users faced the same non-availability issue. So possible then find out an alternative.

venram87700

Learnin in progress

Guys just had my steel series headphone replaced by Faxtel ... it took them a week to get me a replacement coz they had to send my faulty headphone back to their Bangalore service center ... they told me that in 7 days i will either get it repaired or replaced and lo in 7 days i got a replacement ... so all in all a good customer experience there ... also purchased a new K/B and Mouse Combo from Prime abgb got the Razer Cyclosa and Razer Abyssus combo for Rs 2250.... also checked the price for MSI HD 6950 2GB TF III it was 15000 according to Prime...

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Guys, Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k is not available anywhere neither locally nor online, as lot of users faced the same non-availability issue. So possible then find out an alternative.

Searched, but can't find any alternative at that price (range). May be non-existent. :unsure:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

posting here only to get to u guys all at once.. please excuseme..
could you help me set up netgear n150 router. i have airtel broadband on
beetel 220bxi right now. my sister wants me to enable wifi so she can use tablet and other wifi devices.

thanks in advance

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ create a separate thread in Networking section and I'm sure you'll get some proper reply. If you want answer from some specific member just request him or them by PM ;-)

how about Asus M4A88T-M LE @ 4.4k or GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3 @ 4.8k ;-)

d3p

PowerHouse

Features wise, its fine but not with the price. The price at which these both motherboard falls, will change the whole budget itself. Anything from MSI or Biostar.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ you have transformed it into a gaming rig rather than a HTPC which should capable of decoding HD movies very well and at the same time not so much power consuming device :

Here's my suggestion for a HTPC build ;-)

AMD Athlon II X2 255 @ 2.9k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k
G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT@ 1.1k
Asus BW-12B1LT @ 7.4k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2k
Silverstone GD04 HTPC Cabinet @ 5.2k
BenQ G2420HD @ 10k
Logitech MK320 @ 1.4k
Logitech Z-506 @ 5k
APC 600VA UPS @ 1.8k

but TP why monitor? i think we should add a TV? or both of them and leave choice on user. for monitor i think dell ultrasharp u2311h will do better.

and i thought to make the rig a little all rounder. x4 635 is not that power hungry and just 1.1k more. and with gpu a person can do casual gaming as well. what say? 6670 is also not power hungry.

digit mentioned it 3.9k. may it be available at lamington road.
or we can mail smc and ask them?

Guys just had my steel series headphone replaced by Faxtel ... it took them a week to get me a replacement coz they had to send my faulty headphone back to their Bangalore service center ... they told me that in 7 days i will either get it repaired or replaced and lo in 7 days i got a replacement ... so all in all a good customer experience there ... also purchased a new K/B and Mouse Combo from Prime abgb got the Razer Cyclosa and Razer Abyssus combo for Rs 2250.... also checked the price for MSI HD 6950 2GB TF III it was 15000 according to Prime...

congrats and thanks for feedback of steel series service.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze

look at this, isn't powercolor HD 6990 LCS so cool at load, amazing temp :shock:
Powercolor LCS HD 6990 4GB Review » Page 14 - Testing: Temperatures - Overclockers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom