Overheating problems

tkin

Back to school!!
I am facing a problem in this forum. I am not allowed to put link on my signature. I have surpassed my threshold number of post that is needed to get signature. Could someone help me what's the problem?
Wait till your post count goes to 10.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Ideally, how many degrees should a 955BE CPU be above the ambient temperature? Maybe its a bizarre question, but i'm a tad curious.. Especially since temps during day time now are like 30 degrees and night time hovers about the 20-25 point.. At stock clocks at Vcore of 1.2, my idle temps are 37-38. Nothing to worry about, right?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
955BE has 62C limit - so it would be good if the load temp is not above 60c.

Mine with 1.41V vcore ( now at stock speed - will experiment on lowering the vcore/cpu speed/performance ) idles at 30C and max load temp is 50c ;-)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
30 idle temps? Where do you live??
he lives in Kolkata

Well, I have played around 2 hours Call OF Duty- Modern Warfare 3(at full settings)

And my CPU core temp is 21c. No overheating see. Just yesterday I cleaned my heatsink by removing the top fan with a piece of Cotton and today these cold temps :p

Souro_Ray

In the zone
what do you guys have between your stock coolers, dry ice? And what are the best coolers for getting great idle temps? And thanks for the info topgear and thetechfreak :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
:p
Nope. My processor is AMD Phenom II x4 840

Its on the stock cooler and it has whatever thermal paste Amd had put on the cooler.
Its almost a year old(4 months left)
Actually my side panel is open and the temps here in Assam are on the lower side now. Also I would like to point out that leaving the side panel out leads to accumalation on dust on the CPU fan and other components which again demands cleaning with dry cloth.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ those are really some Cool temps but why there's very little difference between current and max temp.

what do you guys have between your stock coolers, dry ice? And what are the best coolers for getting great idle temps? And thanks for the info topgear and thetechfreak :)

I've CM Thermal Fusion 400 and CM Hyper 212 ;-)

Souro_Ray

In the zone
I will be gaming as soon as i get my new monitor, but i'm not much of a hardcore gamer. So my proccy isnt really going to be taxed much. And i am one of those weird people who likes their idle temps nice and low..

Hey Frends ,
I am using Dell XPS L501X .... and all of a sudden i m facing heating issues with my laptop.
Using SpeedFan i monitored the temperatures in IDLE phase and Found the temperatures below

GPU _ 70-73 C
HDD _43 C
Core1 68 C
Core 2 68
core 3 68 C

2 -3 times my laptop has got shutdown facing heat issues probably...within an hour or two of using skype ... my laptop heats a lot and i m really stuck up with this problem ...

PLZ help me get a solution to this problem.
I am using a wooden board below my laptop to allow proper air ventilation,
and lemme know if using a laptop cooler Fan solution would help my cause or not !
thanx a lot in advance !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
first clean the laptop. if that lowers temperature, then you may go for cooling pad to further lower temp or use it like that. don't simply jump for cooler.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Specifications:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz
Asus P5GC-MX/13332.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz

From past some time, my CPU was idling around 40-45 degree Celsius. I did not pay attention to it. Now, It idles around 55-60 degrees. It shoots to 75-80 degrees under load. Even when I turn on my computer, the temperature reading shows 45-50 degrees in the BIOS Setup. I also shifted HSF's settings to perfomancemode from Optimal Mode. I cleaned my cabby a week back. Still no change. I made sure that the HSF was properly fixed.

My HSF is also making a lot of noise. My HSF not working properly? I made sure it is not loose.

*i.minus.com/imrj4Q25aXQgw.png

Do I need to ReTIM? I have not done it since 3 years.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ and i am sure you have broken one of the push pins. check again. else get a new HSF. any locally found HSF will work fine just get a new proper TIM.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@KDroid Even I have damaged one of my fans when I had removed it :p
It was like it would start once and stop.
Your fan has probably accumalated lots of Dirt in it. Obviously you should re TIM now as your computer is heating up.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
^^ and i am sure you have broken one of the push pins. check again. else get a new HSF. any locally found HSF will work fine just get a new proper TIM.

I removed the HSF & checked it. Does not appear to be broken. But while replacing it, I heard a Snap only 3 of the pins. Does it mean it is broken? :oops:

Also, suggest me which TIM to buy. Tell me if I can buy it Online from somewhere.

@KDroid Even I have damaged one of my fans when I had removed it :p

It was like it would start once and stop.
Your fan has probably accumalated lots of Dirt in it. Obviously you should re TIM now as your computer is heating up.

At first, even I thought that it is due to dirt. I cleaned it up when I saw such High temps. But problem persists.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
just remove the HSF properly and use CM Thermal Fusion 400 Tim ( 500 bucks ) - apply a pea size drop on the cpu heat spreader and remount the HSF properly ;-)

Top Bottom