Overheating problems

Souro_Ray

In the zone
What about Scythe coolers? I heard good things about the Mugen 2... Checking reviews for the Mugen 3 now...

@Tkin, how is your Noctua working? Does it require 2 different 3 pin headers on your mobo for the 2 fans?

tkin

Back to school!!
What about Scythe coolers? I heard good things about the Mugen 2... Checking reviews for the Mugen 3 now...

@Tkin, how is your Noctua working? Does it require 2 different 3 pin headers on your mobo for the 2 fans?
Not necessarily, it comes with a splitter, you can use that, however I have 2 CPU fan headers on mobo(CPU_FAN and CPU_FAN_OPT), so I use both and don't use the splitter, other asus Z68 mobo and entire P67 lineup also has 2 CPU fan headers each, not sure about others.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Thanks asingh and tkin... much appreciated!

And also, what is the LNA and ULNA sound reducing techs that comes with the Noctua cooler? I read that they reduce performance slightly?

Sorry guys.. I pester you too much for info.. Hope i can return the favour somehow

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am ordering the TX-4 on Monday, is it OK? If any better available please advice.
Theitdepot - Sunbeam TX-4 Extreme Thermal Compound

tkin

Back to school!!
I am ordering the TX-4 on Monday, is it OK? If any better available please advice.
Theitdepot - Sunbeam TX-4 Extreme Thermal Compound
Its a bit sticky, but its also the best non electroconductive thermal compound available here(its better than MX2), mukherjee is using it and he is getting 3c lower temps than mine(I am using noctua NTH1 which is also a good paste and it came free with my cooler), so you can get it.

Side note:
I have a sealed TX4 with me, bought it from itdepot last month to use with my cooler(hyper 212+), but I bought noctua cooler(and got NTH1 free) so I don't need the paste atm, I am selling it, care to negotiate a deal?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/14...niq-tx4-high-peformance-thermal-compound.html
Since both of us are from kolkata it saves the hassle of ordering online and you get a cheaper rate, pm me for a deal.

PS: I am not advertising my stuff on post, this is just a suggestion, if a mod has issue with this post he can edit this freely.

tkin

Back to school!!
So I am bumping this thread once more, current temps after playing Crysis 2 DX11/HD texture for 1 hr, contrary to popular belief I think gpu tims also need curing time:

Ambient: 30c+

CPU:
*i.imgur.com/mouXl.png

GPU(earlier it was 73c, dropped to 70c, vrm and memory both under 60c):
*i.imgur.com/OztlB.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the drop in temp is caused by the climate change ;-) but you may be right - what's the manufacturing date of your GTX 580 ?

tkin

Back to school!!
I think the drop in temp is caused by the climate change ;-) but you may be right - what's the manufacturing date of your GTX 580 ?
Could be, but it was pretty hot yesterday night, I keep the doors and windows close due to mosquito issue and it really got hot in here, it kind of worried me so I started the temp monitoring and I was happy :grin: I say ambient was around 28-30 yesterday night.

Date of MFG is April 2011, why? Should I be concerned? Maybe I got a low voltage bin, just like how mukherjee got a low voltage bin of GTX460 sonic, my 460 sonic ran @ 97c, his was running below 70c.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the card was made on April 2011 and I assume they have applied the TIM on the same time and you have started using it on June 2011 ( correct me If I'm wrong ) - and after a month or so you are seeing some drop in temps with same ambient temp - so the summary is : GPU TiM needs at-least one month of curing time to work properly ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
So the card was made on April 2011 and I assume they have applied the TIM on the same time and you have started using it on June 2011 ( correct me If I'm wrong ) - and after a month or so you are seeing some drop in temps with same ambient temp - so the summary is : GPU TiM needs at-least one month of curing time to work properly ;-)
Perfect analysis, that's what I'd think too.

xTreme_rck

Broken In
1. core i5-750
2. ASUS P7P55D
3. 2*2 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
4. 500 Seagate
5. ZOTAC GT 210
6. Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 650W
7. Cooler Master Gladiator 600

My CPU Temp Is Currently 55 c Is It Normal?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^ post some more details like what cpu you have and what's the idle and load temp you got and what cabby do you have and what's the ambient temp in your locality etc.

Spammer. Was trying to gaining access by posting few legal posts for the first time :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ deleted his post and my reply to him ;-)

1. core i5-750
2. ASUS P7P55D
3. 2*2 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
4. 500 Seagate
5. ZOTAC GT 210
6. Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 650W
7. Cooler Master Gladiator 600
My CPU Temp Is Currently 55 c Is It Normal?

Is it idle or load temp ??? - assuming you are using the stock cooler and if 55c is load temp then it's fine ;-)

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
what should i do?? my 1.2 yr old sparkle GT240 is 56'C idle and 64'C on load [reached even 79'C once and 104'C when fan was stuck in a wire]. i have already cleaned its fan and heat sink.. earlier it used to be 38-44'C on idle and 51-53'C on load.. i have also applied new thermal paste but nothing worked.

i have checked fan. it seems little slower. earlier it used to spin faster. what shud i do?? :*(

*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/heat.jpg

*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/new.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your gfx card has 64C under Kombuster which is just fine.

One suggestion : Don't play with Kombuster too much - play some games like BFBC2, AVP 2010 - they would put some moderate and real world load on the gpu and the tmp you got should be the load temp you consider - so run those games and Unse Hwmonitor or MWinfo instead of Speedfan ( which is buggy ) and post back the idle and load temps.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
after playing farcry 2 [ultra graphics 2X AA and 720p for 10 mins
*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/temps.jpg
combuster
*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/hg.jpg

fan is spinning slowly. and sometimes when i start the pc. fans does not spin at all. i have to rotate it [or touch it] with finger to spin it again. its spinning at very slow speed :( what should i do?

Top Bottom