Overheating problems

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I thought that ppl OC cos they don't have much money or they want to get much power spending as less as possible.
Or may be ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^ it was expected. Athlon II X4 no way can run stable @ 3.2Ghz, 1.2V. i tried 2.9Ghz @ 1.2V ended up with several crashes in 3D Mark(games run fine). upped voltage to 1.225V fixed everything, you can try 3Ghz @ 1.2V. though check for stability using 3D Mark/OCCT. also i think you pushing your ram too much. don't. try run is as close to default frequency as possible. if needed run lower, not higher than 1333Mhz.

@sourav, in my case too the highest power is 100W & lowest is around ~35W. if you installed Gigabyte PowerSaver or any software utility from Gigabyte, kick it out. Use BIOS. safest path.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
sam i have it running at 3ghz not 3.2
also should i lower northbridge frequency from 2070 to 2000 or something. ram is at 1379mhz. should i lower this too???

it runs stable at normal voltage at above ram speed and htlink speed. also when i lower the volts system voltage optimised keeps on blinking in red...

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
mine failed at 1.2V (3Ghz). maybe your sample was a better one. so sticking to 2.9Ghz. no need. keep the NB & ram frequency as it is. if you try lower, NB will come to 18**Mhz & ram to 1050-1150Mhz. that will lower system performance too much.

yes it keeps blinking. not sure which value to increase. maybe Vcore is way too less.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
running proccy 100Mhz above default speed & 0.275V below default voltage. unique mix of ideas. power saving + extra performance at sametime.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
at 1.22v resident evil 5 crashed 2 times. at 1.25v at 3ghz it is running fine giving me 25 - 30 fps...

and i have turned off cool and quiet since a long time

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
games usually runs fine even if processor slightly unstable. specially the low demand games. and better turn Cool&Quite on. reduces proccy temperature lot.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ funkysourav - No I'm not in a AC room and you are right - it was raining :p

BTW, install cool and quiet ( you have to enable it in bios as well ), install AMD CPU driver and in windows Power Management Option select and Apply Minimal Power Management and voila! you will get low voltage and power consumption while in idle mode and don't have to use any other 3rd party apps.

BTW, in your pic on post no 1204 the temp and power consumption of the cpu looks all right

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Here is my 955BE at room temp of 25 C. Its raining here in PUNE. Observe the VCore.
Also find the hacked Pstate voltages on K10STAT

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
now after setting 1.25v at 3ghz passmark ran fine but OCCT (10min) crashed 2 times.
then i set it to 1.275v at 3ghz and OCCT (10min) ran perfect.
here are the results -

ImageShack Album - 8 images

and hwmonitor after running occt -

*img64.imageshack.us/img64/4494/capture2mp.png

Here is my 955BE at room temp of 25 C. Its raining here in PUNE. Observe the VCore.
Also find the hacked Pstate voltages on K10STAT

seen you after a long time pulsar.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ better set the voltage back to 1.225V & run proccy at stock setting. that extra 100Mhz for 0.05V not much of an yield.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@all
is loading the "Optimized" profile in "P-State" tab recommended?
also how do i revert back to original factory settings?

posting some screenshots
please check

The K10 Stat profile
*i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/funkysourav/k10stat/K10.png

The resulting HWMoitor pro screenie
*i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/funkysourav/k10stat/HwmonitorproK10.png

The resulting CPU-ID screenie
*i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/funkysourav/k10stat/CPU-ZK10.png

please comment

these screenies are all at idle state

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why your proccy idling at 1.6Ghz? it should idle at 800Mhz. also Vcore a bit higher than both Jassy & me. try the BIOS way. also do the p-state values stay same after you reboot the system?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
didn't reboot it yet
the proccy speed seems to be stuck at 1600 MHz
it stays the same even while playing FAR CRY 1
i will reboot(after i am done with this far cry stage) and test with Prime to see the stability

i am not doing this for lowering voltage, but only cooler temps and stability
i will not undervolt any further
also how do i revert back to original factory settings?

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Please guys check this...

[URL=*img535.imageshack.us/i/capturelw.jpg/][IMG]*img535.imageshack.us/img535/1645/capturelw.th.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I guess there is some problem with my motherboard. or is it over heating? why its showing weird temperatures and voltages?

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
^^ okay buddy... I used RealTemp. It shows same temps of Core's as shown in CPUID, also i used Speedfan but the result is same.
I wanted to know about motherboard temperature. Which part shows MB temp in CPUID?

BTW, my computer is working just fine. Those weird voltages are because of sensor problem right! I can use my computer na!...

Top Bottom