Overheating problems

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Look at this cooler-Cooler Master V6GT Review - Overclockers Club
It very good looking and performs very efficiently.Is this cpu cooler available in india?I am planning to buy it.How much its cost?Plzzz tell me

If I m not mistaken,I came across a V6GT at MD Computers....forgot the price tho :(

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
these temps are after about 1 hr idling
please elaborate these values for me
i can't understand a single thing here
*i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/funkysourav/Hwmonitorpro.jpg

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^
Athlon II X4 635
it is already written in the pic :-D
i think it is a little high for idle temps

another set of temps
*i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/funkysourav/Hwmonitorpro2.jpg
these temps are quite lower now
the proccy is on Gigabyte 785GMT US2H mobo
in a CM 310 stock cabby(1 included fan)
VX450 PSU

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Have you OCed your CPU ??

The Vcore Temp is just too high - it should be withing 1.425V.

On the first pic you've cool and quite disabled or it was not working - that's why cpu core temps and idle volts of cpu were high.

on the 2nd page cool and quiet came into action and reduced cpu volt and temps.

your cabby's front fan is rotating at 888 RPM at max - it should be at-least around 1200RPM for proper airflow.

install 3 more 2000 RPM fans and feel the difference in temps :p

BTW, here's mine X4 630's tempos which is humming at 3.5 GHz

*img832.imageshack.us/img832/1961/20100820164150.png

For detailed configs check out this thread :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/discussions/121070-overclock-listing-thread-4.html#post1275158

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^
no i haven't OC'ed my CPU
why is the Vcore high then?
how can i fix this?
do i need to reinstall cool and quiet?
i will be getting the fans this week
is there any way to change the fan rear speed?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not very sure but one or two of them could be mobos chipset temp and another one could be AUX or cpu tin temp.

@ funkysourav - reinstalling cool and quiet may not be necessary as on the 2nd pic the vcore seems fine and cool and quiet is actually working.

if you still want to reduce your cpu load volts you may play with the cpu vcore option in the bios.

The reason of such high vcore ( under load ) is it's set in the bios as auto and the mobo is sending more than needed voltage to the cpu.

Just go into bios, change your cpu vcore setting to manual and lower your cpu vcore voltage but it may need some experiment ( stability test ) to get the lowest possible cpu vcore voltage.

BTW, install more case fans to keep your system cool :cool:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
topgear said:
if you still want to reduce your cpu load volts you may play with the cpu vcore option in the bios.The reason of such high vcore ( under load ) is it's set in the bios as auto and the mobo is sending more than needed voltage to the cpu.
is this dangerous?
or is there nothing to worry about
will by proccy brick or overheat if it is set to auto?
topgear said:
Just go into bios, change your cpu vcore setting to manual and lower your cpu vcore voltage but it may need some experiment ( stability test ) to get the lowest possible cpu vcore voltage.
is it a safe procedure?
please help!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
No, please. How can lowering the vCore damage the chip. Most OC boards when let to run on auto, push way to much vCore into the chip. Lower in decrements of 0.05V, and run stability tests. You will see your temperatures come down, for sure.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^
No, please. How can lowering the vCore damage the chip. Most OC boards when let to run on auto, push way to much vCore into the chip. Lower in decrements of 0.05V, and run stability tests. You will see your temperatures come down, for sure.

so you are sure that undervolting in no way hurts the processor?
which softwares should i use for stability tests?
i have undervolted the proccy(in bios) already at 1.3v and the temps are really looking good(39c at moderate load, gaming, down from 48c yesterday)
*i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/funkysourav/Hwmonitorpro4.png

do i need to dabble with multipliers and fsb in bios too?
or just setting the voltage manually to 1.3v will be enough?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
use K10stat. 1.25-1.30V will be enough for the X4 635 @ stock. for the 800Mhz clock when C&Q is on, set voltage to 0.9-1V. i feel you can lower more (0.8V) but keep it at 0.9V to keep system stable. my usual proccy temperature is 32-35 during idle. maybe cause of the graphics card & also that the PSU is placed odd way.

Edit: after some fiddling lowered Vcore to 1.2V & temperature lowered to 30degree, stock speed & 800Mhz @ 0.87V. will try touching 1.15V at load & 0.8V at idle.

@topgear, have you tried lowering Vcore? well you running your processor way higher than stock still at what voltage do your processor idles?

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
so you are sure that undervolting in no way hurts the processor?
which softwares should i use for stability tests?
i have undervolted the proccy(in bios) already at 1.3v and the temps are really looking good(39c at moderate load, gaming, down from 48c yesterday)

OCCT / Prime95. Do monitor while it is running. Do not just walk off, leaving the torture test on.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, OCCT 1 hour test should be used for stability test - I've used it to get a stable OC.

@ Sam.Shab - yep, I've tried under volting and ocing using the same old way of modifying bios options.

At stock the and Vcore set to auto the cpu's load voltage was 1.46V which is way more higher but as mine is humming at 3.5 GHz I'm using 1.425V as the vcore set in the bios to get stable OC - under load the cpu vcore is 1.41V and under idle it's 1.10V with CnQ.

Just check out the image :

*img832.imageshack.us/img832/1961/20100820164150.png

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
when i oc my processor to 3.2ghz, the ram goes up to 14**mhz and ht link to 2200mhz. is it safe. or i should lower the ram and ht link speed manually.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the default Vcore way too high. you can use K10stat to modify the last P-state i.e. maybe 1Ghz in your case. but in my case everything went back to same once i booted system again. that why i was forced use "old Bios" way.

Piyush

Lanaya
may all the guys who just bought the system should/must run their CPUs at the stock speed

bcoz if something bad happens how we all convince our parents(including me)
so i'm following a safe path for at least one year(no OC)

its just my perspective of thinking coz if something happened to my pc(touchwood)
my papa wont even let me think about getting a new one :lol:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^currently i have mine running at 3ghz

i too lowered voltage to 1.2v. here is mine -

*img251.imageshack.us/img251/9809/captureou.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

somebody please ans my ques in previous post..

Last edited:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@all
please compare mine and Jaskanwar's HWmonitor screenie with Topgear's screenie
you'll notice that
in the "Powers" section,
the value, min and max are all at 100.80w
whereas in Topgear's screenie it shows
39.6w ,39.6w ,100.80w

it is the same case with "CPU Vcore" and "Voltages" section

what seems to be going on here?

@topgear
did you undervolt using BIOS method or k10stat?
while undervolting in BIOS, i just set the CPU voltage to manual and 1.3v
i didn't dabble with anything else
what approach did you take?

the temps seem to low too
are you in an AC room topgear?
or is it raining there? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom