Overheating problems

borax12

the dotmaster
@asish ...yes....YT is youtube.....
@revolution.....yes even i would like to know what cpu as well as what gpu u got?...
coz the basic o'clock does depend on the platform u got...amd or intel....?..and remember to know and go through all cpu terms...and all basic o'clocking tutorials on the net......coz it may be a bit confusing at first,....though not discouraging you...but to be aware is a better option

@topgear-yes even i am interested to know his gfx card....real temp.....also shows the actual...temp of cpu.......and running a stress test...side by side will also give a more realistic temp figure...but the temp on load while playing a game......will also give very good idea .....

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
After lot of thinking I have decided that I will not going to OC my CPU.
Better,I will same money and will upgrade my CPU later.

BTW,I have played Ruins of Magic @1280x1024 for one hour.
Recently I got a old 2nd hand Nvidia 7300GT DDR2 256MB video card.
And I have Intel Stock HSF.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ never heard of that game but looks like it's not that much resource hungry either as a quick google search revealed that it's a MMO game.

You can easily reach upto 2.6 GHz with that PSU and mobo with that stock cooler anyway though if you will OC or not it's entirely your call always :p

Last edited:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Generally most of the people of India do not use to play MMORPS as far as I know or may be Indian don't like MMORPG.
But I like to play MMORPG.
I have played many MMORPG,one of them is Rappelz which I have been playing since 2007 when I have my PIII.

BTW,I just want to OC my CPU to 204GHZ not but.
I don't wanna take any risk cos if something happen wrong I will not able to upgrade my rig ATM and after all I'm totally noob in OCing.....:(

Piyush

Lanaya
^^then u must have played runescape too
i've been playing it from 5 years back
(but i play it 2-4 times a month)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Revolution - What you will upgrade mobo+proc+gfx card ??

if you are a bit scared about OC then it's better to play safe :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Remove the HSF. Clean both surfaces with Isopropyl Alcohol, apply fresh TIM (thin layer) on the CPU surface, remount the HSF.

Aamir Fearsum

Right off the assembly line
Re: PROCYING IN.....

HELLO
i want to buy a new procy.
wat should i go with.
phenom ii x4 965 or the
phenom ii x6 1090T.
please help.
and if their is something else let me know.
i want it for gaming........
i have an amd 4870 1 gb but gta 4 runs tooo slow on my pc due to my procy
it is an old intel e6550....
also suggest a gud motherboard,ddr3 ram and a lcd monitor 24'or bigger
my budget is rs 14000 for procy........ rs 6000 for m.b.......... rs 5000 for ram...
rs 15000 for lcd
please..................help..........:?:

Gollum

Collector
my cpu idle temp is 65'c and shoots over 100'c on load
i am using an intel core 2 duo e6550 procy
please help
:x

It could be due to dust settling into the CPU heatsink. Try cleaning it with a brush [a big painting brush is good]. A clean heatsink cools the cpu better.
If this does not work then try to do as asigh said.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Hello guys,
I have a phenom II x4 955 BE, and i think its overheating, please help me to figure out. When i ran Prime95 for 2-3 mins, the temp went to 62 degrees , and fan RPM to 5600rpm. .When playing cod waw, my average temp. is 47-49 degrees, and at this temp , the fan runs at 4-5k rpm , and is quite loud .. I have c n q enabled. I have 1 front fan for intake ( that came with my circle cabby), one exhaust fan at rear ..Are these temps normal for this CPU?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Temps upto 66 is quite normal if you use load testing softs like prime95.

Run prime95 for atleast an hour - use core temp to measure idle and load temps and post them in here along with a cpu-z screenshot.

if temps go beyond 66 c then you might consider adding a after market cooler like CM hyper 212+ @ 1.8k.

and 47-49 is a very good temp while gaming - theres nothing to worry about it.

as for loud fan noise there should be some fan speed control options in bios - try setting them right.

BTW, if would be better if you can manage to add another fdan at the left side of your cabby - only one front and back is quite inadequate for your config.

if possible change to a better cabby like CM Elite 430 or NZXT gamma or atleast a zebronics bijli.

quad_core

Temps upto 66 is quite normal if you use load testing softs like prime95.

Run prime95 for atleast an hour - use core temp to measure idle and load temps and post them in here along with a cpu-z screenshot.

if temps go beyond 66 c then you might consider adding a after market cooler like CM hyper 212+ @ 1.8k.

and 47-49 is a very good temp while gaming - theres nothing to worry about it.

as for loud fan noise there should be some fan speed control options in bios - try setting them right.

BTW, if would be better if you can manage to add another fdan at the left side of your cabby - only one front and back is quite inadequate for your config.

if possible change to a better cabby like CM Elite 430 or NZXT gamma or atleast a zebronics bijli.

Thanks a lot for the response, I will post my temps here..Also, i will do some cable mgmt soon :)

Piyush

Lanaya
Hello guys,
I have a phenom II x4 955 BE, and i think its overheating, please help me to figure out. When i ran Prime95 for 2-3 mins, the temp went to 62 degrees , and fan RPM to 5600rpm. .When playing cod waw, my average temp. is 47-49 degrees, and at this temp , the fan runs at 4-5k rpm , and is quite loud .. I have c n q enabled. I have 1 front fan for intake ( that came with my circle cabby), one exhaust fan at rear ..Are these temps normal for this CPU?

these readings are absolutely acceptable :)

quad_core

Thanks for the replies.. While playing COD WAW, i was running this core temp in background, and it showed a max temp reading of 52 degrees.
Sadly , cable mgmt is not possible in my cabby it seems :-x I cant route the PSU cables from behind the mobo plate , as there is no provision( read : gaps or holes ) in the mobo backplate , from which i can route the cables ... so sadly, i can just tie them up with the zip locks which came with my VX550 ... but still, the cables will hang from the mobo side.... have tucked them in the cd drive bays, but still, it looks shabby ...any bright ideas as to how can i do the cable mgmt in order to bring down the temps even more ? As i need some more free space inside the cabby, as i m going to install new grafix card ( currently using 7600GS ;-))

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have a XFX 8600 Gt 256 mb ddr3 graphics card few days ago its giving 60 degree on idle and 86 degree on load.But now its giving 78 degree on idle and 110 degree on load.I have clean its heatsink nd fan with paint brush and also installed extra 1 80 mm intake fan but no sucess.Plzz help me...I get the reading from Speed fan 4.41.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your gfx cards fan is not working properly - send it for RMA.

BTW, use GPU-Z to measure temps.

I once used Pc Wizard and it showed me temps of 105c while in idle mode

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have a XFX 8600 Gt 256 mb ddr3 graphics card few days ago its giving 60 degree on idle and 86 degree on load.But now its giving 78 degree on idle and 110 degree on load.I have clean its heatsink nd fan with paint brush and also installed extra 1 80 mm intake fan but no sucess.Plzz help me...I get the reading from Speed fan 4.41.

How old is this card.

Top Bottom