Overheating problems

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your cpu is hitting maximum tcase temp which should be well below 68c.

Don't use mobos OC profile - most of the time it's just send too much voltage to cpu when you oc through it and that's why the cpu is over heating - if possible OC manually.

If you don't have a decent mobo or you don't want to go through the manual oc then get a good cpu cooler like Hyper 212+ or Hyper TX3 - those should bring down your cpu temps.

post a screenshot of realtemp sensor test along with cpu-z.

BTW, which mobo and cabby do you have ?? how many fans you have installed inside the cabby ??

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i have ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS mobo and SAHARA cabby. there is one exhaust fan on back + SMPS exhaust fan , CPU and GPU fans. total 4 fans. i have opened Floppy drive's slot for airflow. and opened back side of pci slots in cabby.

even on stock speed, it reaches 71'C on load.
on idle it is 43-48'C.

i will post screens soon

rajan1311

Padawan
Hi
I have Sony Vaio laptop Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7100 1.80 GHz and its Idle temps r 60 degree celsius and load temps r 85 , no overclocking nothing , what to do ?

Room temp is normal around 30-32 Degrees....

Thanks

The only fix is open it up and reapply the thermal paste. Clean the vents and heatsinks off dust too. Should reduce the temps by as much as 10C. Did the trick on my friends Dell XPS 16.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

core temp shows 101'C when i play far cry 2 and 84-88'C when i play GTA4:x

Dude I am sure you are on the stock cooler.

I had an E5200 for a few months, at 3.2GHz it used to be at 80C odd at load with stock cooler. Nothing much you can do about it. Mine did 3.0GHz on stock voltage, so your should do same. Keep the OC to 3.00Ghz and apply new paste, and never look at the temps again..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ happy17292 - 101c ( in non oced ) is just too much and exceeding the max tj temp of 100c - I think your mobo is passing too much voltage to your cpu. Disable all cpu over clocking and now what temps you are getting with those games ?

If possible remove the HSF - clean it - apply a good thermal paste like CM Fusion or Artic Silver or MX - attach that HSF firmly and properly on the cpu and post the resultrs.

post those screenshots - upload them to tinypic.com :p

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
ok here it is, now it is around 84'C-92'C when i play games.

*img812.imageshack.us/img812/5945/tempz.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ check if the HSF tightly mounted. it maybe loose. also did you installed the HSF yourself? if done by an assembler, theres a little chance he swapped it for a used HSF with no TIM.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ check if the HSF tightly mounted. it maybe loose. also did you installed the HSF yourself? if done by an assembler, theres a little chance he swapped it for a used HSF with no TIM.

no i have assembled. heatsink is tightly mounted but when i touch it. it feels cool. i think there is issue with thermal paste. should i apply new?
what is the cost of thermal paste [they are not available here]

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
no i have assembled. heatsink is tightly mounted but when i touch it. it feels cool. i think there is issue with thermal paste. should i apply new?
what is the cost of thermal paste [they are not available here]

CM Nano Fusion is decent @ ~RS. 350

1. Remove the HSF.
2. Clean both the CPU header and HSF contact area using Isopropyl Alcohol (available at chemist).
3. Place a dot of TIM.
4. Evenly spread a thin layer. Thin as possible. You just want to fill the air gaps.
5. Most the HSF slowly.

Game.......!

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I want to check my system temperature(all components) while gaming.
Would anyone like to tell me required tools and the procedure in detail ?
I'm kinda noob in this business.

BTW,can I able to OC my Intel E2180@2.4GHz Stable (Gigabyte G31 Mobo) with Intel stock cooler and Zebronics PSU ?.....:-?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ use real temp or core temp to monitor cpu temps and gpu-z to monitor gpu temps.

for temp monitoring of all components use everest or PC wizard.

@ happy17292 - your HDD temp is also very high ( 47c ) - install a front fan inside of your cabby or if possible change to better cabby like NZXT Gamma at 2k.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
How ?
I mean run the real temp. at background and notice the max. temp after close the game.....:-?
i have downloaded the latest real temp 3.40 but it got many .exe application.
Which(i7Turbo,LoadTester,RealTemp,RealTempGT) one to run ?

Or,should I use application like Prime95,OOCCT,Linx etc. ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Prime95,OOCCT,Linx = Stress Application, so do not use these.

CoreTemp can be used, and it logs temperatures. Which is more than enough. While gaming, or what ever you are doing. RealTEMP you would need monitor it physically, since it does not dump. Just use the RealTemp.exe, if you want. For HDD other components Everest Lavalys is good.

Top Bottom