Overheating problems

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
People i have Airtel Wifi using the bundled router from beetel. It frequently occurs these days that the internet behaves pretty erratically. So, today i switched the router off/on and noticed that it was very hot. I switched it off and used a damp cloth over and under it and the internet was good again. This is not a good solution so please suggest me something more foolproof and tell that does the heat effect its range as well?

borax12

the dotmaster
Google's findings are that the best temps are between about 35-40 C, with below 30 C increasing the instance of failures a lot.

See the paper at *209.85.163.132/papers/disk_failures.pdf(temps graph on p6)
and a summary at *searchengineland.com/070219-092214.php

HD's (including the lubricant in the bearings) is not meant to operate at too cold a temperature so don't go overboard with cooling.

courtesy tomshardware

try this is to monitor each of the smart data of the hdd ...from speed of fan to hdd temp...everything...SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

borax12

the dotmaster
People i have Airtel Wifi using the bundled router from beetel. It frequently occurs these days that the internet behaves pretty erratically. So, today i switched the router off/on and noticed that it was very hot. I switched it off and used a damp cloth over and under it and the internet was good again. This is not a good solution so please suggest me something more foolproof and tell that does the heat effect its range as well?

heat does...play a very minuscule role.....but this isnt happening due to the temp increase......rather......don't use the router in a very cramped area....
or otherwise if it was working perfectly earlier......check the wireless.. settings....or else it can be a problem from the side of airtel as well....better will be call the service people....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't you have a gfx card - what happend to it ??

For Ocing the basic requirement I believe is a good mobo, a decent cpu and most importantly a cpu cooler

For that config with that PSU you can reach upto 2.8 - 3 Ghz Ghz cpu speed though you will need a good cpu cooler like CM Hyper Tx3 for that - I've reached 3.6 Ghz with that mobo on dual core pentium D 930 with stock cooler and CM nano fusion TIM - I've never seen temps more than 56c under load :p

Google's findings are that the best temps are between about 35-40 C, with below 30 C increasing the instance of failures a lot.

See the paper at *209.85.163.132/papers/disk_failures.pdf(temps graph on p6)
and a summary at *searchengineland.com/070219-092214.php

HD's (including the lubricant in the bearings) is not meant to operate at too cold a temperature so don't go overboard with cooling.

courtesy tomshardware

try this is to monitor each of the smart data of the hdd ...from speed of fan to hdd temp...everything...SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Every HDds have threshold temp limit which can be found by SMART.
Most of the Hdds I saw has 44c-48c limit.

You should not run your HDD anything over 41c ( 44c limit ) and 44c ( 48c limit ) and though I don't know much about at which lowest temp threshold from personal experiences i could tell that Hdds function perfectly even at 18c-20c :p

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey , i reinstalled the heatsink, rotated it 90' left and reintsalled. now CPU is cool. 57'C while playing GTA4. thank you guys.

borax12

the dotmaster
but should i apply new thermal paste or 59'C on load is normal?

this is absolutely fine......though no problems in applying a fresh layer of thermal paste.....but do u know how to remove it....it needs that anti corrosive thermal paste remover(smells very much like vinegar)dunno whats that called....but u gotta use that to remove it....so dont take any pains in applying again.....58C while on load is perfect....

borax12

the dotmaster
yeah....thats it....saw it on newegg tv channel on YT...thanks for that...i made a note of it.....this is for that ultimate comp building guide of ours....gonna add every last bit of info in it....not to leave any aspect of comp building....got it?( hey this is with no dominative or bossy nature...when i say this)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you've answered my question - do you have gfx card installed in your system as reltemp is showing gpu temp of 54c - what gfx card is that ??

As you are going to OC it with that psu it's very important to know about the gpu.

Are you using the stcok HSF ??

If you want to get the real load temp of your cpu then run orthos/prime 95 for 1 hour ( cpu and mem stress test ) and run real temp side by side and watch those temps and post screenshot.

Run a realtemp sensor test and post the temps with screenshot.

BTW, which game you've played for 1 hour to test your cpu temps ??

I've cleaned the surface of the cpu and the bottom of heatsink with clean dry cloth properly but never faced any temp issue :p

Top Bottom