Official Android discussion thread

rider

as Kratos
Which one is better, HTC Sensation or Motorola Atrix 2?
Why no one buys motorola smartphones, now days?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Because their many service centers in many cities have closed/shutted down, and you won't even find a single moto store.
It is just vanishing from Indian market.

rider

as Kratos
I already told him.. but there is no good phone in his budget HTC Sensation having issues. Moto Atrix 2 is with poor or no service as you said. He wants android phone only.

aroraanant

Explorer
I lil bit of death grip issue is there in almost every phone, but the thing is that in its case it has been hyped but its not that much that it will bother you.
Poor contrast!!! no thats not there.
And even there is no issue with bluetooth, it works fine.
And yes the battery back up is not that good, but I think there is pros and cons in every phone, so this the cons in it, but I think you can ignore and I m dam sure it won't bother bother you that much.

rider

as Kratos
your incredible s is available for 18.5k? Howz the camera, battery and all other cons of this phone.

aroraanant

Explorer
Everything is very good.
No issues and considering its current price its really a very good deal.
But on the other hand when we compare Sensation and Incredible S who have a price difference of around 3-3.5k, Sensation is a slightly better option.

kbar1

Journeyman
Please suggest an app for directly transferring files between two Android phones, without using an access point/router. I've heard about WiFi Direct, but couldn't get it working as one of the phones doesn't support it. I've also tried apps like AirDroid and WiFi File Transfer, but they require you to connect the two devices to the same network. I want something as simple as BT sharing.

Edit for clarity: Must be via WiFi.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Well, IMHO, an app which is "as simple" as BT, is BT itself! :|

Otherwise, Whatsapp is a nice app, which lets you share pictures, videos, audio files and contacts etc if both phones are connected to Internet.

kbar1

Journeyman
^^ Well, IMHO, an app which is "as simple" as BT, is BT itself! :|

Otherwise, Whatsapp is a nice app, which lets you share pictures, videos, audio files and contacts etc if both phones are connected to Internet.

I believe certain phones have this feature. Initial 'handshake' is via BT/NFC. Actual file transfer is via WiFi.

The guy sits next to me. Using net for that seems... strange. Anyway, the files are quite large.
[Reminds of that particular episode from BBT where they send signals halfway across the world (and make a spirited narrative) just to turn on the lights. :-D]

In short: Something like BT sharing, but uses WiFi instead of BT.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys any good suggestions for File Manager. I don't have any on my LG Optimus Net. Currently not possible to delete any files from my Phone/SD Card.

Top Bottom