Official Android discussion thread

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys any good suggestions for File Manager. I don't have any on my LG Optimus Net. Currently not possible to delete any files from my Phone/SD Card.

Astrofile manager is pretty good and free too!

Is there anything which will help me manage both my SD Card and the phone memory?
I seem to get a message indicating memory is full which I think is the internal phone memory rather than the SD Card.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Is there anything which will help me manage both my SD Card and the phone memory?
I seem to get a message indicating memory is full which I think is the internal phone memory rather than the SD Card.

Install Apps2SD and move the apps on your phone to your SD Card, Iastro achieves what you mentioned, and please update your Android version to the latest one updated by your manufacturer

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

have you used any cleaning tool like 1tapCleaner? that will clean some useless leftover files or caches. and no, you can't access the internal memory unless you root your mobile. once rooted, ESFile Explorer can be used to easily access and modify files.

ajayritik

Technomancer
have you used any cleaning tool like 1tapCleaner? that will clean some useless leftover files or caches. and no, you can't access the internal memory unless you root your mobile. once rooted, ESFile Explorer can be used to easily access and modify files.

No, I haven't used 1tapcleaner. I just needed some application that will tell what is available in internal memory. I guess I can't delete any files from internal memory. Can I?
I had to uninstall certain applications then only I could get the problem solved finally.

What are the benefits of rooting? Esp is it a good idea for someone who is new to rooting to do that?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What are the benefits of rooting? Esp is it a good idea for someone who is new to rooting to do that?

I think you missed this awesome thread compiled by Sam :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...tom-recovery-custom-rom-android-glossary.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ far from perfect. will try to write a better guide if i get time :)

No, I haven't used 1tapcleaner. I just needed some application that will tell what is available in internal memory. I guess I can't delete any files from internal memory. Can I?
I had to uninstall certain applications then only I could get the problem solved finally.

just use 1tapcleaner and clean the internal junk files. some space will be freed. but didn't get what you mean by what is available in internal memory. you mean what apps are exclusively installed in internal memory?

no. you can't directly delete files even if you have root access. you have to mount it or make it writable. also delete any files and you'll have a broken phone. but if you wish you may check the Decrapify your Android. though this is for custom rom but if you want to try, this list some system files that can be removed.

bubusam13

Human
Ok recently bought Xperia Live with Walkman. First I choosed Xperia Pro, but checking it in a show room I found it will be a bit uncomfortable in pocket.

Aniwz, I need these apps for Android as I have no idea which one will be great.
1> a free antivirus. I have McAfee but its trial.
2> A good audio player since SE LWW default player doesnot have MegaBass Enhancement. The player should be able to play various formats including FLAC. You can recommend multiple players also :)
3> A video player capable of playing various formats. I have installed MoBo player but it cannot play avi and mpeg files. Also suggest a player that can play 1080p.
4> A sms app. SInce androids doesnot inbox, outbox, drafts etc. I found it a bit odd.
5> Some app for ringtone profile just like found on Nokia phones.
6> A battery saver app.
7> A good camera app. Though 5MP camera, the DIP of images is just 74 dpi. so pics are not that great and grainy. My old Nokia N72 with 2MP camera and 300DPI image produces much much better pic than this.

And where is the taskmanager in Gingerbread ?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Congrats :)
bought locally or online?

as for apps. don't need A/V or any battery saver crap things. simply improve your mobile usage habit. battery backup will increase by itself ;)

keep pressing home button for task manager. for camera, try lgcamera from android play.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Aniwz, I need these apps for Android as I have no idea which one will be great.
1> a free antivirus. I have McAfee but its trial.
I don't use one. I don't think you need one.
4> A sms app. SInce androids doesnot inbox, outbox, drafts etc. I found it a bit odd.
You will get used to it. Threaded messages are more comfortable and easy to manage.
5> Some app for ringtone profile just like found on Nokia phones.
Ringtone! Android don't have Polyphonic ringtone, like Nokia phones IMO. Some of the bundles ringtones are good for basic use, and you can always set any song as the ringtone.
6> A battery saver app.
There's no such thing as Battery saver app. There are just good practices. Which you will know on your own :p Or I can share with you later.
7> A good camera app. Though 5MP camera, the DIP of images is just 74 dpi. so pics are not that great and grainy. My old Nokia N72 with 2MP camera and 300DPI image produces much much better pic than this.
Try Camera 360. Great app.
And where is the taskmanager in Gingerbread ?
Goto Settings -> Applications -> Running Services

Replies in bold.

bubusam13

Human
Congrats :)
bought locally or online?

as for apps. don't need A/V or any battery saver crap things. simply improve your mobile usage habit. battery backup will increase by itself ;)

keep pressing home button for task manager. for camera, try lgcamera from android play.

bought locally coz in many online stores hesdphone is not available. just to find that the free headphone is crap. though comfortable.
the

The default earbuds are just ok
But it soundsawesome when paired withmy Soundmagic mp21. thouhh the mic doesn't work with this phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
bought locally coz in many online stores hesdphone is not available. just to find that the free headphone is crap. though comfortable.
the

The default earbuds are just ok
But it soundsawesome when paired withmy Soundmagic mp21. thouhh the mic doesn't work with this phone.

so how much did you pay for this? local stores are known to price this ridiculously high.

bubusam13

Human
Vyom I basically need mu phone to display how many characters in my sms I have typed. Nokia phones use to display the number of characters. e.g 180 characters, if we cross 180 then it will be two sms.

And by ringtone profiles I don't mean pokyphonic ringtone. In my old nokia there are several profiles live general, silent, meeting,etc. In meeting mode vibration is on and riringtone volume is less. I need proiles likr that.

so how much did you pay for this? local stores are known to price this ridiculously high.

13500. in flipkart its 13000 without headphone.

Guys, pardon my spelling mistakes as I am surfing from phone and I am not used yo touch screens

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Vyom I basically need mu phone to display how many characters in my sms I have typed. Nokia phones use to display the number of characters. e.g 180 characters, if we cross 180 then it will be two sms.

And by ringtone profiles I don't mean pokyphonic ringtone. In my old nokia there are several profiles live general, silent, meeting,etc. In meeting mode vibration is on and riringtone volume is less. I need proiles likr that.

13500. in flipkart its 13000 without headphone.

Guys, pardon my spelling mistakes as I am surfing from phone and I am not used yo touch screens

changing volume or switching to vibration is easy. vol down does the trick.
and 13.5k is a nice price :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

As Sam told, pressing volume down takes your phone to vibration mode. Moreover in lock mode, you can just swipe the slider on phone to reach in vibration mode. Also, as a bonus install this app: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.publicobject.shush

What Shush does is that it whenever you turn your mobile on silent/vibrate mode it ask for you the time for which you want to keep it that way. So say if you are in a movie theater and you want to silent your phone for 2 hours, then you can easily set the app to turn volume back ON after 2 hours! Simples! :D

Also, in my stock messaging app, it DO shows if I surpass the limit of 160 chars and if it carries forward to two messages. The app alerts me when I go beyond 150 chars, and it shows it with a countdown. Check if your messaging app shows that count below the "send" button.

bubusam13

Human
Thanks Sam and Vyom

My messaging app doesnot show character count.
And what about the media players?

Installed a awesome app "Smart Compas" from Google play. It has a metal detector thst really works.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, try GoSMS app. You will forget the rest. It shows character count, as well as have tons of features.
And did I mention it also boasts of categorizing messages in classic folders as Inbox and Outbox. ;)
But I still recommend you to try threaded style for some time.

Top Bottom