Official Android discussion thread

R2K

In the Zone
I have updated My Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S to sony official ICS using pc companion software. Also tried rooting it with this method
[ROOT] Rooting Toolkit for Xperia 2011 ICS [FW:.562]{LOCKED & UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS} - xda-developers
But I'm not sure if it is rooted. How can I verify if the device running ICS have root access.
Also I wanted to remove some bloatware that came bundled with update. How am i supposed to remove them

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
I have updated My Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S to sony official ICS using pc companion software. Also tried rooting it with this method
[ROOT] Rooting Toolkit for Xperia 2011 ICS [FW:.562]{LOCKED & UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS} - xda-developers
But I'm not sure if it is rooted. How can I verify if the device running ICS have root access.
Also I wanted to remove some bloatware that came bundled with update. How am i supposed to remove them

go to settings-about phone-software information .

Hope this helps :)
please post screenshots and your take on ICS.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

superuser app will appear.

use titanium backup.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys asking the same question again.
Does anyone know of a good reminder app which has option of recording or playing back an audio about the specific reminder?

rider

as Kratos

Dude, what are the advantage of rooting android 4.0?
Sony Timescape is an awesome UI :|

R2K

In the Zone
^^
Rooting has nothing to do with UI. Its already butter smooth :D
I rooted it just so that I can get rid of some of the bloatware that came bundled with the ICS update. After rooting it I removed them and now its all a smooth ride with lots of free RAM left. :D

go to settings-about phone-software information .

Hope this helps :)
please post screenshots and your take on ICS.

Installed ICS with the help of PC companion software. It was easy, but downloading update was kinda time consuming. But I think that was because of the slow internet connection.
The strange thing was that there was considerable lag while using Go launcher EX which I installed with stock GB version before the update.
But when I started using stock launcher after removing GO launcher, UI turned into butter smooth experience. I think it might be because the version of Go launcher I was using was not made for ICS.
But I'm kinda loving the stock launcher better than the GO launcher. Its way smoother...wow :D
App drawer looks same like GInger bread version but different icon set this time. (Sony says it has revamped 1000+ icons)
Only drawback was that it came with a bunch of bloatware which is pretty useless and annoying as well considering the RAM usage. But I managed to root it and remove almost all the junk apps.

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
^^
I rooted it just so that I can get rid of some of the bloatware that came bundled with the ICS update. After rooting it I removed them and now its all a smooth ride with lots of free RAM left. :D

Installed ICS with the help of PC companion software. It was easy, but downloading update was kinda time consuming. But I think that was because of the slow internet connection.
The strange thing was that there was considerable lag while using Go launcher EX which I installed with stock GB version before the update.
But when I started using stock launcher after removing GO launcher, UI turned into butter smooth experience. I think it might be because the version of Go launcher I was using was not made for ICS.
But I'm kinda loving the stock launcher better than the GO launcher. Its way smoother...wow :D
App drawer looks same like GInger bread version but different icon set this time. (Sony says it has revamped 1000+ icons)
Only drawback was that it came with a bunch of bloatware which is pretty useless and annoying as well considering the RAM usage. But I managed to root it and remove almost all the junk apps.

Good and good luck with ICS. Dont know when will HTC launch ICS update for EVO 3D. It is listed in the list of phones witch will get the ICS update.

rider

as Kratos
^^

Bloatwares like?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Buy Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
I dont find any difference between Galaxy Pocket and Galaxy Y. Or is there any? For the price Pocket looks good.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2.8" screen and possibly even less ram. just more internal memory compared to Y. i'll suggest avoid this. peoples are going for 3.8-4.8" and we have here 2.8"

saswat23

Human Spambot
2.8" screen and possibly even less ram. just more internal memory compared to Y. i'll suggest avoid this. peoples are going for 3.8-4.8" and we have here 2.8"

But resolution is same in both. And will that 0.2inch make any difference?
From where did you get info about its RAM?
Yes, people are going for 3.8-4.8inch ones fine but do you find any in this price range?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
It's better to use some symbian phone by nokia in this price range.
Battery life rocks in nokia phone :-D

Ever tried BlackBerry?
I charge my phone once every 48 hours (excl. the switch off time), that too for 45-60 minutes and data is flowing 24*7 (Except from 12.00AM to 6.30AM when its off).

Top Bottom