Official Android discussion thread

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ Sunny

Even i installed villian 10.3 ROM n itz so unstable..
Thank god i created nandroid backup & restored back.

Btw there is an official 2.1 update for the hero in singapore & it also showing on htc india site.

Can any1 shed sum light on this?

How can v have the official hero upgrade to 2.1 in india?

Also i installed the amon's recovery image & its rooted.
So can i have the update?

thanks

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Installed Villian ROM 10.3 on my Hero. To be honest my phone is really messed up right now. Can't even wipe the ext partition.

Trust these should help:
Link to Stock HTC Hero ROM - xda-developers

[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build - xda-developers

Btw there is an official 2.1 update for the hero in singapore & it also showing on htc india site.

You have a link? I couldn't find it.I dont think HTC has yet released a 2.1 update for Hero!

Official htc hero 2.1 rom scheduled!!! - xda-developers

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ Amit

HTC - Support

Here it is posted OTA update for HTC Hero.
Also there are 2 packages.
But when i open the link there,it opens south east asia htc support site & i cant find any download link there.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think this has been mentioned before.

Flash 10.1 final available for smartphones with Android 2.2

GSMArena said:
Adobe today announced the release of Flash Player 10.1 to mobile platforms. Already available on the Android Market, Flash Player 10.1 will be available in its final production release for all Android smartphones running ver. 2.2 "Froyo." Some of the devices that Adobe lists as bound to get Froyo include Dell Streak, Google Nexus One, HTC Evo, HTC Desire, HTC Incredible, Motorola DROID and Motorola Milestone, and Samsung Galaxy S.

Too bad there's not even one device to feature Android 2.2 officially yet (except perhaps developers' Nexus One's).

Speaking of which, here's a demo of Flash Player 10.1 running on a Nexus One: Flash Platform in Action - See Flash Player 10.1 Running on Android | Adobe TV

Besides up on the Android Market, Flash Player 10.1 is also released to Adobe's partners for them to incorporate and preinstall in their products - BlackBerry, Palm's webOS, future versions of Windows Phone, LiMo, MeeGo and Symbian OS are all expected to start chewing Flash content online like only desktop machines could before.

Flash Player makes use of virtually every mobile CPU currently available on the market so it will be compatible with many smartphones. Additional features would allow it to integrate even better offering a seamless experience.

- For instance, support for on-board accelerometers will allws automation switching between portrait and landscape screen orientation.
- Flash Player will also pause automatically upon incoming calls or when switching from the browser to another application. Once users switch back to the browser, Flash Player will resumes where it paused.
- The Smart Zooming feature will allow Flash content to run fullscreen on any of the supported devices.
- The Smart Rendering feature makes sure Flash content embedded on webpages runs only when it's visible on screen reducing CPU toll and extra battery consumption.
- With the available Sleep Mode, the Flash Player will automatically throttle down when the device enters screen saver mode.

jain_pranav

Broken In
HTC HERO India owners finally get the official 2.1 update :)
But it says a msg while come on your phone & click accept.
I fail to understand how will this happen & can anyone tell me how to install the official 2.1 on my hero ?

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I fail to understand how will this happen & can anyone tell me how to install the official 2.1 on my hero ?

desiibond has updated his Legend via OTA; wait till he reads your SOS.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Did I miss something????? When did you jump from Spica to Hero :???:. You sold your spica??

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ Sriharsha

Haha..No dude my sister has HTC Hero.
So i was updating her phone.
I still have my lovely spica running samdroid firmware ;)

vulpine

Broken In
Hi guys, I donno where to post this.
this is the market share of various mobile cmpanies as of june 10
nokia ----------------52. 2-------(-11. 8)
samsung------------17. 4-------(+7. 4)
LG---------------------5. 9--------(+1. 4)
micromax-----------4. 1--------(+4. 1)
spice-----------------3. 9---------(+1. 9)
carbon---------------3. 0---------(+3. 0)
SE----------------------3. 0---------(-3. 0)
ZTE--------------------1. 9---------(-3. 7)
HUAWEI--------------1. 7---------(+0. 4)
MOTOROLA----------1. 0---------(-2. 5)
OTHERS----------------5. 9---------(2. 8)

micromax, spice, karbonn are actually selling...!!!! that surprised me.. lol...

Mods, if this is not appropriate here, move it accordingly.......

dilipc

Broken In
guys i have got an update for tmobile g2 touch (htc hero) and couldnt install as it showed some error..

with the help of the forum on tmobile website, it shows we have to update the ROM from their website and install the updates (OTA).
since am using the phone in india which is unlocked, my doubt is whether i can update the ROM and install the android 2.1 update(OTA).

suppose if i install the ROM from the website , will the phone become locked to tmobile
and i will be not able to use it and have to unlock again.

kindly help me reg this.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I guess you need to use this hack; refer post#139. This hack will camouflage your mobile for whichever operator you want. Select t-mobile and try to upgrade. In the meanwhile I will look for other resources.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/122921-official-android-discussion-thread-5.html

Last edited:

dilipc

Broken In
i updated the ROM from htc website.and got the updates for 2.1 android (OTA) immediately and installation went on very smooth.

waiting for the second update.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Hero users rejoice:smile:. Cyanogen ROMs are now available for Hero too.

CyanogenMod 6.0.0 for Htc Hero Gsm/Cdma Alpha Preview (test0 - 07/05) - CyanogenMod Forum

BTW its Froyo :)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
my friend got this phone (Galaxy S) and here are my initial impressions:

1) The display is truly stunning. my Legend looked like an el-cheapo ass before GS. From normal text to movie playback, thd display is worth a thousand tech salutes! Its the greatest thing in this phone. Nothing can come close.
2) touchwiz 3.0 still has long way to catch up with SenseUI. It still is confusing like hell, not many good widgets.
3) the build quality is damn good. It's totally lightweight and thin. easily pocketable and one handed operation is very easy to do
4) Samsung Kies sucks. my friend came to my place. Phone is not connecting to windows 7 or ubuntu in mass storage mode. It just doesn' have this option. Will report back on this in two days.
5) Touch sensitivity is really high and finally, I think there is a phone whose touch response matches that of iphone.
6) music quality is similar to what I get on Legend. Though not as refined and clean as that on ipod touch, it's decent (I didn't like mids and highs that much)
7) bundled earphones are great (as per my friend). comes with in-ear headphones
8) it's damn fast. But when I started copying 280 files form SD card to phone storage, the phone came down to a crawl. everything became super slow.
9) you cannot do anything when the phone is connected to PC for data copy or sync. Unlike Legend, you have to leave the phone alone. And when you connect the phone to PC when some app is open, the phone rejects to sync. Damn you Samsung
10)
Finally, I am left with mixed emotions on this one :)
A lot of research needs to be done on the phone still. Will give a more and clear update by this weekend.

Those who are moving from symbian or plain android or any other UI that doesn't have SenseUI will find the UI really appealing but those who are moving from phones like Legend or Hero with Sense UI will feel that something is missing.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
@Desiibond that's a crisp review. Thanks!

Touchwiz looks too iffy! That is my only gripe with this phone. May be the users will give the correct perspective. However this phone is not about the software; its the hardware thats making it so desirable. This phone is gonna be a modder's delight. :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Tried Samsung Kies. Couldnt Connect through the GS. Can anyone tell me what the effective RAM is at bootup? The one am using right now has 160mb on bootup. :|

@desibond- I prefer the normal UI to the GS one. The GS icons are extremely kiddish. Rather all Samsung phones with Touchwiz. Btw, was connected to wifi for over an hour and the phone got really hot. Not as hot as some people have reported, but pretty hot. The service menu stated a temp of 47 degrees.
Sound quality is really good. At par or better than my X10.
Is laggy. I dont know what samsung did to it, but my X10 without hardware acceleration and running an old kernel due to 1.6 is faster. It lags when opening apps and when switching to the dialer. probably a firmware issue.
The screen as you guys said is gorgeous.
Everything else is ok. Nice phone. But looks crap in front of my X10. :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom