Official Android discussion thread

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Out of curiosity? Werent you able to play divx files earlier? And did you try the application called yxFlash or something similair?

Anyway sicne Galaxy seems to be retailing I highly urge people to make sure they check it out bvefore buyng phones from their fvorite company. Personally I think the Galaxy ROcks Im waiting to see the response it has in India to decide if its time to scrap my Magic.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Out of curiosity? Werent you able to play divx files earlier? And did you try the application called yxFlash or something similair?

Anyway sicne Galaxy seems to be retailing I highly urge people to make sure they check it out bvefore buyng phones from their fvorite company. Personally I think the Galaxy ROcks Im waiting to see the response it has in India to decide if its time to scrap my Magic.

stick to Magic for now. T-Mobile's locked magic is getting 2.2 upgrade very soon and anyways, cooked ROMs based on 2.2 is already out.

*www.gsmarena.com/android_22_froyo_brought_to_htc_dream_and_magic-news-1696.php

*tmobilemytouch3g.blogspot.com/2010/06/t-mobile-mytouch-3g-will-get-android-22.html

hold your horse buddy. you are one of the lucky few that can use Froyo. :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Wow I have been slacking on checking Custom ROMS for Magic then I had no idea that there were 2.2 based ones out already D: . Good news indeed :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@filledvoid- Not exactly.yxflash is a paid app. Got the apk but was tired of the stutters..

Btw, X8 launched. Retail price 199 euros. :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
amitabhishek-HTC Evo has "reportedly" broken the sales record for opening day for any handset...do you think it is the best Android mobile by far?
Actually I am a N85 user and have been a Nokia fan all my life but your discussion here made me think about Android.
Will Evo be a good buy?

PS: I know it is a CDMA device.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Evo also has a lot of build quality issues. Galaxy S is the best Android handset so far.. It was officially launched in India yesterday and should be available in the market soon!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I have friends in US who are travelling to India within a month..so that is not an issue :)
But thanks for reminding me about this wonderful phone. I totally forgot about it. But has anyone used it? Samsung..I am little suspicious about it...

Thanks for your replies desiibond and kalpik...I will check this phone out here in Bangalore...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have friends in US who are travelling to India within a month..so that is not an issue :)
But thanks for reminding me about this wonderful phone. I totally forgot about it. But has anyone used it? Samsung..I am little suspicious about it...

Thanks for your replies desiibond and kalpik...I will check this phone out here in Bangalore...

ask them to get unlocked iphone 4 in UK if they can (sold by apple officially in UK as unlocked). it should cost around 500 pounds in UK, which is a good price. 35k when converter to rupees.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
ummm that friend is coming from US not UK! and I am not sure about here travel plan whether she will come via UK.

Moreover, call me stubborn but I do not wish to keep/use any of Apple products :p (although I agree that iPhone is a great phone)...

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Moreover, call me stubborn but I do not wish to keep/use any of Apple products :p (although I agree that iPhone is a great phone)...

+1 bro. I am the follower of the same philosophy.

IMHO HTC Incredible is the gold standard when it comes to Android phones. Some of the TDFians will disagree but as I said 'IMHO' :p. Sooner or later its gonna be available in India. If not already.

But since someone can get you something from US why not ask for something that will never be available in India. How about Palm Pre Plus? Unlocked version is available from AT&T at $400. All the petty issues that dogged the original Pre has been successfully addressed in Pre Plus. IMO Palm came out with a wonderful product and I still ponder on how can they $crew themselves up so royally.

Android phones is and will always be available if you want them. IMO get something that is wonderful and not currently available here. Palm Pre Plus is a phenomenal product. You can't go wrong with it!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ummm that friend is coming from US not UK! and I am not sure about here travel plan whether she will come via UK.

then check these phones:

1) HTC Desire
2) Motorola Droid X (CDMA) yet to be released
3) Samsung Galaxy S (best android phone, cheaper in India IMO)
4) HTC HD2 (real head turner and a beast) price is cheaper in India IMO.

These are the phone for which you may get proper support in India if anything goes wrong. other options include

1) Palm Pre Plus
2) Google Nexus One

My pick among these would be Galaxy S and next is HD2.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello Guys, Good to be back again in this forum :)
I did not go through this thread(sorry), but im looking for Android Development thread if any in this forum. I have to start application development for Android platform very soon , so any help will be appreciated :)
BTW Any recommendation for a Android phone with 3G+WIFI+GPS within 12-15K?

Top Bottom