Official Android discussion thread

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
Hello Guys, Good to be back again in this forum :)
I did not go through this thread(sorry), but im looking for Android Development thread if any in this forum. I have to start application development for Android platform very soon , so any help will be appreciated :)
BTW Any recommendation for a Android phone with 3G+WIFI+GPS within 12-15K?

samsung galaxy spica

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
You have access to the Free Applications by default to see the Paid applications in your Mobile then check for Amitabhisheks posts in this thread. You will find a hack which allows your phone to see the paid applications. But Im not sure if you can purchase like this as I have never tried.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
OK I went though this thread lots of interesting discussion. I had thought "fan boys" were gone from this forum :D

@Praveen: Thank for mentioning Spica. looks like I will end up buying this phone.
A few question.
Will I be able to upgrade Spica to Froyo?
Will there be any new mobiles coming with 2.2 loaded in the next few months?
I can wait for may be two months for a alternate for Spica.

@Kalpik: Good old days!! ;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
OK I went though this thread lots of interesting discussion. I had thought "fan boys" were gone from this forum :D

@Praveen: Thank for mentioning Spica. looks like I will end up buying this phone.
A few question.

@charan, just wait. wait for phones like i5800, xperia x8. to get best Android phones, its better to have 20k bucks atleast.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

A few question.

Samsung is currently testing froyo on spica, so rest assured Spica is going to get 2.2 upgrade sooner or later ;-)

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Google hasn't yet released source code of Froyo; once source code is available we will have ample ROM forks for our devices.

chintan786

In the zone
After going through Specs of Xperia X8...I think there is no much of differnce Between it and HTC legend from Average user point of View...that too if some one compare to price difference they have.....

I really appreciate if somebody have other view on this...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Chk this out :
RockPlayerBase: The Android AVI, MKV, DIVX and RMVB player | OMG Android

“Since Android was introduced, there have been many complaints about its lack of .avi and .divx playback. Since then there has been a few phones with .divx capabilities but there still was no player for the rest of us. The RockPlayerBase allows any Android 2.1 handset to playback XviD, DivX, Mkv and even RMVB files.”
RockPlayerBase fixes this and can play all of the files above, which closes the media gap. As there are more formats available due to this player, it means that there won’t be much need for video converters and it makes it easier to quickly place media onto an android device without needing to worry if it works or not.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Anyone here on Cyanogens Stable 5.08 ? Happen to install it today and I find it very neat and it pretty much provides all functionality I need. The menu and graphics seem to have changed alto as well.

I found the Weather Widget very nice however I'm not sure if that was "The Weather Channel's " Widget . Either way it pulls pretty the weather to a fair accurate location and I have access to an updated supply of news :) .

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Yeah! I have been on 5.0.8 since Sunday. Its giving me some great battery life. Abudant customization options available. Loving it!

BTW Froyo source is out; guess we can expect 2.2 mod very soon for our devices!!!:p

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ok, my bad.. Maybe they released the tarball yesterday.. But the actual source was on github a LONG time back :)

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
No it was released just yesterday;

Android Developers Blog: The Froyo Code Drop

The half-a$sed modded Froyo ROMs that were available till now were based on Froyo's SDK (not source) and bits of Froyo OTA update for Nexus One.

ksundar

Broken In
A Tasty "Gingerbread" is getting ready for all of us!

Android 3.0 is expected in the coming months,supposed to be more powerful,real next-gen Android OS

Read more: Feature ? Android 3.0 ? iPhone 4 killer? | Fonehome.co.uk

Android 3.0 details and features revealed | Fonehome.co.uk

Top Bottom