Official Android discussion thread

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Just flashed first RC of Cyanogen 2.2. Ummmm...its nice but obviously not a finished product. Too many force closes, no MT in browser, feels heavy (even after clean wipes). But worth checking out. Few screenies:

*img291.imageshack.us/img291/8063/devicep.png

*img704.imageshack.us/img704/2410/homez.png

Check out incognito mode in browser :p
*img18.imageshack.us/img18/3605/incog.png

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Just flashed first RC of Cyanogen 2.2. Ummmm...its nice but obviously not a finished product. Too many force closes, no MT in browser, feels heavy (even after clean wipes). But worth checking out. Few screenies:

*img291.imageshack.us/img291/8063/devicep.png

*img704.imageshack.us/img704/2410/homez.png

Check out incognito mode in browser :p
*img18.imageshack.us/img18/3605/incog.png

which phone are you using btw?

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
which phone are you using btw?

I am on HTC Magic.

Today i did a bit of ROM hopping. Stumbled upon a ROM called Chromatic. Its a 2.1 ROM based on Cyanogen sources. However the dev. has done lots of enhancements in terms of UI, speed and other things (refer XDA). This ROM is much faster than Cyanogen's and feels very light on phone and battery. I am really impressed to what I have seen till now.

*img155.imageshack.us/img155/7236/chromatic.png*img19.imageshack.us/img19/6372/chroatic2.png

ladoo1985

Broken In
Hey Guys...check this out...Motorola XT720 Androis 2.1 released in India....

*www.ezoneonline.in/Product/Liberation+Zone/GSM+Handsets/Motorola+Milestone+Backflip+XT720+GSM+Handset/2445493

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hey Guys...check this out...Motorola XT720 Androis 2.1 released in India....

*www.ezoneonline.in/Product/Liberation+Zone/GSM+Handsets/Motorola+Milestone+Backflip+XT720+GSM+Handset/2445493
are you sure it's official release? It's not listed in Motorola's India site and the pge you mentioned is not opening.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Heh.. They had to price it higher than the milestone! Milestone debuted for 27,500! The only thing I like about this phone is the xenon flash, and the HDMI output :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Heh.. They had to price it higher than the milestone! Milestone debuted for 27,500! The only thing I like about this phone is the xenon flash, and the HDMI output :)

nah. it's just LED Flash and I don't think it has HDMI Out.

Are you actually talking about Motoroi?

Motorola XT720 MOTOROI - Full phone specifications

BTW, the funny thing is

ezoneonline lists Motoroi as Motorola Milestone Backflip XT720 (Milestone XT720 and backflip are two different models FYI) and univercell lists Motoroi properly as Milestone XT720 . Damn these fools!

PS: Motoroi is one heck of a phone but Backflip is a junk phone.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Do you guys know of any torrent client for Android? It sucks to have to use my computer everytime i need to download a movie.:|

vulpine

Broken In
Hi guys, Do you have any problem in sending group messages?
When I try to send a long message(>160) to more than one person, It always fails. When I reboot once, Everything seems to be ok for 1 day and again problem repeats.

I checked google official forums....Many nexus1 users also complaining about the same.

So, Do you face this too..?

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
As CM ROMs are getting increasingly ported to more and more devices. I thought its worth posting this tut.

UI Tweaks on CM6 – A Tutorial

Top Bottom