Official Android discussion thread

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, I don't like X10 mini simply for the fact that it has QVGA screen. QVGA on an Android fone is actually weird.

But I'm a fan of X10 mini pro because of it's QWERTY keypad and considering to buy it.

Regarding "too tiny to be a smartphone logic", same is the case with the likes of N79, right?

Camera a least priority? Many people consider a good camera as one of the reasons when they buy a fone. Samsung I5700 Spica misses out on Radio, afaik.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ermm.. Why exactly do we need a smartphone if our main objective is to browse(can be done properly on any phone with opera mini or likewise),email(dont tell me that you have no clue about dumbphones offering push-email),texting(i wont even try to comment), videos yeah if in divx but this phone was never meant for videos, updates(u are slow arent you?), gaming(well.. Android doesnt have many games to show for yet. Better games are available in java).

WHAT!!!! if main objective is email,texting, browsing, multimedia, gaming, we don't need a smartphone???? buddy, please don't go to such lengths just to support a phone from your favourite brand! what is the use of multitasking if the phone suffers at basic functionality? If all you need is multitasking and few apps, they go buy a freaking Symbian.

And fyi, there are lot more paid games available for Android but unfortunately paid app market is not open for India.
here is an example : *www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNEcnDcp0JU

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Regarding "too tiny to be a smartphone logic", same is the case with the likes of N79, right?

isn't this a reason why people are now getting spica, 5800XM and 52xx phones instead of phones like N79 or Yari etc. N79 WAS a great smartphone when such devices rules the market. with the influx of largescreen touch devices, such phones are left in the museums now.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Why do you need a smartphone for texting? Give me a logical reason. I mean, even a 1100 can do that for you. Emailing, all dumbphones do that nowadaz. And i mean all.SE dumbphones have an email tab just under the messaging one which does a great job in sending and recieving emails.
Browsing, to a certain extent due to the lack of proper browsers in the non smart market.But the opera mini does fine and is often used by smartphone users to keep a tab on the guzzle.
facebuk and witter updates have been on dumbphones since eternity.
Gaming is the only zone where smartphones have an upper hand, but you never know, if SE releases a PSP phone that would go down the drain too. XD

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Why do you need a smartphone for texting? Give me a logical reason. I mean, even a 1100 can do that for you. Emailing, all dumbphones do that nowadaz. And i mean all.SE dumbphones have an email tab just under the messaging one which does a great job in sending and recieving emails.
Browsing, to a certain extent due to the lack of proper browsers in the non smart market.But the opera mini does fine and is often used by smartphone users to keep a tab on the guzzle.
facebuk and witter updates have been on dumbphones since eternity.
Gaming is the only zone where smartphones have an upper hand, but you never know, if SE releases a PSP phone that would go down the drain too. XD

finally, you got my point. those dumb phones does these things. similarly X10 Mini also does these things, I mean it just DOES like those other phones with small displays and numpads. Phones like spica, hero and to an extent X6 does these things in a lot better manner thanks to better display and keypad. so, why buy X10 mini?

when people tend to buy a smarphont, they look at how well the phone does all these things, how comfortable the keypad is, how good the display is. They don't just go buy a phone by cute factor! There is a different category of users for this kind of purchases. LADIES and TEEN CHICKS!

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

anyways, back to the usual android talk now.

Just tried Snaptu app. though the interface looks dull and untidy, the idea of having all in one app (facebook, twitter, news, scores etc) is good thing. This can save memory and battery as well :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Sigh Ive been wanting to create an applications thread for Android. If I make one might writing up a small brief summary of your favorite applications with a ranking on a scale of 1-5 . Ill see if I can add a judging criteria also . Id appreciate if those were added in there that way I could maintain the index and we could have an easy way to look up all these applications.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Sigh Ive been wanting to create an applications thread for Android. If I make one might writing up a small brief summary of your favorite applications with a ranking on a scale of 1-5 . Ill see if I can add a judging criteria also . Id appreciate if those were added in there that way I could maintain the index and we could have an easy way to look up all these applications.

go ahead and create the thread. I will try to add whatever I can add to the thread. :)

manitcse_2005

Right off the assembly line
Any idea on if HTC Incredible available in Bangalore in the grey market? If yes, where and at what price?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I've been asking Samsung about the Galaxy S launch in India via email.. I was not getting any proper response other than "we have forwarded your query to the concerned department".. Wrote a nasty email today, and they called me up :p

The guy said "it is going to launch within the next few days" :D He again went on and on about how it is an "excellent choice" and started to tell me about SuperAMOLED and what not.. I told him, "Boss, i know more about the phone than you" :p He said ok sir lol!

Anyway, its good news (i think :p).. So the rumors about a 3rd week of June launch may be correct after all! :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Any idea on if HTC Incredible available in Bangalore in the grey market? If yes, where and at what price?

go that mall near Majestic that also has Sukh Sagar. you will find many store there. Also, are you aware that Incredible is CDMA phone?

manitcse_2005

go that mall near Majestic that also has Sukh Sagar. you will find many store there. Also, are you aware that Incredible is CDMA phone?

My bad. I meant HTC Desire but ended up typing HTC Incredible. I know HTC Incredible is a cdma phone.
Will HTC Desire be available in the place you mentioned? Any idea on price?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My bad. I meant HTC Desire but ended up typing HTC Incredible. I know HTC Incredible is a cdma phone.
Will HTC Desire be available in the place you mentioned? Any idea on price?

sellers like these would be lot lot lot more reliable :

*cgi.ebay.in/BRAND-NEW-HTC-DESIRE-M...wItem&pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2c54e34735

those stores are good for cheap stuff but when you are getting something that costs near to 30k, you better find an appreciated seller who has +ve feedback.

manitcse_2005

sellers like these would be lot lot lot more reliable :

*cgi.ebay.in/BRAND-NEW-HTC-DESIRE-M...wItem&pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2c54e34735

those stores are good for cheap stuff but when you are getting something that costs near to 30k, you better find an appreciated seller who has +ve feedback.

If only HTC would launch its high end models in India at the same time as the rest of the world...

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Famed LauncherPro is available in its latest incarnation. You can get it from the market or from here.

*img697.imageshack.us/img697/9453/launchers.png

*img692.imageshack.us/img692/2362/launcher2.png

vulpine

Broken In
@amit abhishek

Dude, I exactly have same wall paper and launcher pro. For a second I thought, You have posted my screen shots. But I never took screenshots with this WP:)):)).