Official Android discussion thread

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
X10 mini got good reviews at phonearena.com and gsmarena.com:razz:

Good news for SonyEricsson:smile:

hmm. most of the SE phones get good reviews from these sites. Fate of X10 Mini would be similar to other SE phones. it's display size is tiny and if I am right it doesn't come with qwerty virtual keypad and even if you get one, it will be similar to motorola rokr's keypad. Tiny and hard to use. It would've been better had SE released this phone with atleast 2.8" display.

The best userbase for this phone would be ladies who want to try out Android.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Oh please desibond.Have you even tried the mini? Its the most fluid handset in the market. I have the X10 and the mini is atleast 1.5x faster when browsing through the menus. Also its one of the most feature rich phones in its price range.

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm. most of the SE phones get good reviews from these sites. Fate of X10 Mini would be similar to other SE phones. it's display size is tiny and if I am right it doesn't come with qwerty virtual keypad and even if you get one, it will be similar to motorola rokr's keypad. Tiny and hard to use. It would've been better had SE released this phone with atleast 2.8" display.

people who type too many sms/mails can get X10mini Pro with qwerty....The phone is snappy and easy to use...much pocketable...

And gsmarena.com is said to be always favoring Nokia...

BTW there is a rumored SE phone which comes in between X10 mini and X10...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Oh please desibond.Have you even tried the mini? Its the most fluid handset in the market. I have the X10 and the mini is atleast 1.5x faster when browsing through the menus. Also its one of the most feature rich phones in its price range.

I do totally agree that it's UI is fluid and am not complaining about the UI. my complaint is about the screen size and messaging capabilities. Also when you compare it with Spica (which is hot selling phone), *www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3125&idPhone2=2965

will one really go for X10 Mini? even on features level it gets trumped.

Like sujoyp said, Mini Pro would be a better option and X10 Mini Pro should be where X10 Mini is.

sujoyp

Grand Master
feature wise?? which one r u talking abt?

X10 mini have 5mp cam and VGA recording
Spica have better screen resolution and Android 2.1 (which X10mini will get soon)

battery life is definitely less in X10mini...Agreed

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
feature wise?? which one r u talking abt?

X10 mini have 5mp cam and VGA recording
Spica have better screen resolution and Android 2.1 (which X10mini will get soon)

battery life is definitely less in X10mini...Agreed

display size
display resolution
internal storage
processor
multimedia capabilities (divx out of the box)

and the biggest thing of all, it runs 2.1 (as you said) and still it's cheaper than X10 Mini. So, why should one pick X10 Mini?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
OMG!!Please. Internal storage is just 52 mb aloof. :lol:
And what about the processor if the phone cant be as fluid as the Mini. The Mini by far is the fluidest android in the market, confirmed by reviews and I have one to confirm that too. Phonearena went on to say that it doesnt even need an upgrade.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Also the X10 mini is 3/4th the weight of the spica.88gs to 124gs. By yiour comparisons, thats an advantage too. The camera is way better in the Mini too. lso comes with infinite qidget screens which even 2.1 doesnt provide. :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
display size
display resolution
internal storage
processor
multimedia capabilities (divx out of the box)

and the biggest thing of all, it runs 2.1 (as you said) and still it's cheaper than X10 Mini. So, why should one pick X10 Mini?

X10 has been targeted differently....would u prefer 5800 on Spica just bcoz 5800 have higher resolution screen and gets an 8gb card free...I hope not

If the phone is very snappy with all the eye candy...y do u want a better processor???

Divx out of the box is definitely good but as gsmarena says
The Android market already offers a player that supports DivX and XviD videos. The yxflash player handles well the files we threw at it but you need to keep your videos below VGA resolution

Phonearena says
DivX and Xvid require higher bitrate than the H.264 container for the same quality and take a bigger toll on the CPU, hence battery life, that is why they are usually left out anyway.

Android 2.1 is an advantage on samsung side...but will come to x10mini someday:)

In the end I would say X10mini is a nice attempt by SE to target a niche market where people want a cute little mobile with all the features:lol:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
OMG!!Please. Internal storage is just 52 mb aloof. :lol:

really, from where do you get this kind of data?

*in.samsungmobile.com/mobile-phones/samsung-i5700-specification#expand

it has 163Mb user memory onboard.

If you and phonearena thinks that 1.6 + that UI on SE is enough and upgrades are not necessary, then well, as I said to other guys who give preference to brand logo, be self-happy!

PS: And what is the use of animations and cool looking UI when you don't have a display big enough. it's like watching a 1080p on a 15" CRT. :)

anyways, am not interesting another fight here so....

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

X10 has been targeted differently....would u prefer 5800 on Spica just bcoz 5800 have higher resolution screen and gets an 8gb card free...I hope not

yes. it's targeted at a very different user base, as I said earlier, it's a purely ladies phone!

can you please elaborate a bit on "would u prefer 5800 on Spica just bcoz 5800 have higher resolution screen and gets an 8gb card free...I hope not". Am scratching my head on how to compare this with my earlier thoughts :)

And also, not to forget the fewer amount of apps in android market due to the lower resolution.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If the phone is very snappy with all the eye candy...y do u want a better processor???
Im staying out of the rest of the above simply because I already know where this is going. But Id like to point out just one factor you might want to reconsider. When you deal with Smartphones especially Android the more the processing power the better. Simply because the fact that your processing power might be sufficient for the current version but it certainly might not be for an upcoming release. A sufficient example would be my HTC Magic which came with 1.5 . Now I'm running Cyanogen's 2.1 to be frank I'm not sure if it has enough juice to run anything else.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Also, i'd like to add to what Filled-Void said.. If you're gonna use the phone "as-is" and not upgrade, etc. then what is the point of buying an android phone? :s

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and to add more, camera quality should be the least of the worries while purchasing a phone. plz don't fall into this megapixel marketing gimmick.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Oh please.i dunno whats with you guys, but all reviews have actually praised the Mini. I guess you guys consider yourself better than the experts and probably should own a firm to divulge your views. Am sure there are people out there who prefer a smaller and considerably lighter phone for daily usage which is exactly what the Mini is aimed at.

@kalpik- Dude. Its been said that the Mini is the most fluid android around. So nothing about processing power applied here.It is aptly powered and customized. To be honest though the upgrade is only viable for google phones like the Droid and the nexus 1 which doesnt have a customised UI. The Mini is suitably fluid not to need any further help from Google.
And i thought you bought Android for the unique user experience and for the apps that came with it.Oh i guess some people only buy it for the upgrades. :rolleyes:

@filledvoid- It has a 600 mhz proccy and 256 mb ram.Almost same as the Droid which runs the 2.1 smoothly.

Oh and btw, it runs all applications compatible on my x10 so i dont see a problem there.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
dude dreamcatcher why are you posting all over the board about the fluidicity of your mobile.don't you get it, no one's interested! We'll see in coming days how good X10 Mini sells in Indian market...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Last heard, it was an open forum and I am allowed to post whatever i like. Its up to you recognize it or not.
Anyways, since you want me to post something Androidish:-

Check out the following apps:-

1)netcounter for your data consumptions
2)worldcup for droid- We all know what it does. :D
3)colordict- By far the best dictionary(offline)
4)Astro- Best file manager
5)mybackup-If you need to backup your stuff
6)Advanced task killer
7)GPS status for satellite strength. :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@filledvoid- It has a 600 mhz proccy and 256 mb ram.Almost same as the Droid which runs the 2.1 smoothly.
My point was directed at the phone. But rather to the why get a phone with powerful processor question.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well, This phone has a resolution of 240x320 compared to the milestones 800x480. By common sense it needs more processing power to handle more pixels. Since the Droid manages them properly, i would guess the Mini would do too. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@desibond

U people r soo excited with 600mhz procc of moto milestone and N900 and then u feel that X10 mini has less processor power:grin::grin:...Not fair

When it can run all application well then whats the problem??

U people have nothing else other then
"It dont have a android 2.1"
"Its an SE mobile"
"Dreamcatcher (sometimes me too) is a SE fanboy"
:)):))

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

And please if u have any confusion regarding X10mini check out its demo videos/reviews on youtube...it would be much helpful:smile:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@desibond

U people r soo excited with 600mhz procc of moto milestone and N900 and then u feel that X10 mini has less processor power:grin::grin:...Not fair

When it can run all application well then whats the problem??

U people have nothing else other then
"It dont have a android 2.1"
"Its an SE mobile"
"Dreamcatcher (sometimes me too) is a SE fanboy"
:)):))

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

And please if u have any confusion regarding X10mini check out its demo videos/reviews on youtube...it would be much helpful:smile:

what are you trying to say? I clearly said that the problem is not with the fluidity of UI. it's the size of the phone, the display, texting that is a concern. It's termed as a smartphone and it's too tiny to be a smartphone. SE should've put up the usual UI and sold it for 10k.

And I am saying it again and this time am saying it out loud:

XPERIA X10 MINI IS A LADIES PHONE. ITS TINY TO BE TERMED AS SMARTPHONE.

I remember the headaches with texting/browsing that I had with motorokr and it's deja vu with xperia x10 mini.

PS: The sales figures will show anyways how good the phone is.

Top Bottom