Official Android discussion thread

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
hello guys , i have recently purchased Motorola Milestone with android 2.0 , i send lots of sms but the contacts cannot be selected from the message send from message screen , can anyone tell the solution for it ?

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ max_demon

Even i faced this problem..in contacts,ur nos. must be assignesd "other" category..
Just change them 2 "mobile" category..
U need 2 change 1 by 1 though :p

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
if u go in messaging settings there is a option show all nos./show nos. with mobile or something. using that ur prob can be solved.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I don't recollect having this problem. Once you sync your contacts with Google account you wont have that problem again or just download handcent SMS as dreamcatcher says.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. Galaxy S coming to India in June: *www.cellpassion.com/2010/05/30/samsung-galaxy-s-wave-launch-confirmed-in-india-in-june/

sujoyp

Grand Master
camera flash does not provide much advantage anyway other then torch:mrgreen:

I find Led light good for nothing...and single led is just useless

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^ Well.. The absence of camera flash kinda ruins it for me :(
It still is full of confusions whether the final production model will have flash or not.
Look here
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690026

^^ This might be true coz the one GSM arena reviewed has only 256MB RAM, where as Samsung confirmed that the production model will have 512MB RAM. Same might be the case with flash I guess

*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_confirms_that_i9000_galaxy_s_will_have_512_mb_ram-news-1682.php

kalpik

^^ Nice! If it DOES have a flash, then ill have some food for thought! Constant updates of N1 vs the sheer hardware specs of Galaxy S :D

kalpik

Hmm.. Reading more about this phone, it seems it's a really nice buy! Lets wait for some reviews once its launched :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Seriously? Last week you were ranting at me for recommending this phone to you :| . If I recall right you blamed it for some UI issue !!!

If you don't buy a phone within the next month I'm starting a Donation for Kalpik's Phone thread! :D

kalpik

^^ HAHA! No need for that! And yes, now that i've read more about it, the phone looks good! sowiee for shooting you down earlier :p

Another factor which caught my attention is that it's gonna be a June release with expected price tag of 28k.. Availability and price were the other 2 factors why i rejected this phone last week :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Lol valid reasons. But whats going to be the problem is . By the next month something else is going to come and again you are going to be back at waiting for it as well :D

kalpik

^^ Hehe yeah.. Well, i would have already bought the N1 if stocks were there.. And if this releases by 10th June (like the rumors are), then i might buy this too :p

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The only thing that is pissing me about Android right now is the non-availability of paid apps. Gawd!! I seriously dont mind shelling a few bucks for some proper apps.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Paid applications are not available in India. They are made available only in:

Australia
Austria
Canada
France
Germany
Italy
Japan