Official Android discussion thread

ajayritik

Technomancer
Is there anyway we can block certain numbers in Android phones?
I noticed that there are certain numbers which are coming from Customer Care. This was also confirmed by Airtel Support guy that these numbers are related to customer care.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
I noticed that there are certain numbers which are coming from Customer Care. This was also confirmed by Airtel Support guy that these numbers are related to customer care.
Yes their is .for Samsung their is a option to auto reject specific number.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have one query, does android back up the contacts in the cloud automatically like windows phone ?
Suppose I need to reset my phone or my sim card gets corrupted and I need to use a new sim, then what do I have to do to get the contacts back on phone. Sorry but still a noob with my Mi3 !

Best way would be to sync your contacts with Gmail account. Then you can forget worrying about loosing contacts. Alternative method would be to use Super Backup to backup and restore your sms, call logs and contacts.

- - - Updated - - -

Might be rom specific, just put the number in the blacklist in contacts. all incoming calls and sms will be blocked.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Re: Process android.process.acore has stopped.

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I use Titanium Backup to primarily backup and restore my contacts list, along with my calendar entries. Within Titanium Backup's Preferences sub-menu, the options - Auto-sync TB settings and Migrate system data have been previously enabled.
However, after having flashed yet another custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware on my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, and precisely initiating the Data only restore of Contacts Storage 4.0.4-XXLRK (CONTACTS/CALLS) entry, the following error appeared -

:chinscratch: :blink:

The said error appears every time I attempt to launch the Contacts app, and consequently, my contact entries remain missing. Presently, I have cleared data from Settings > Applications > All; for the Contacts and Contacts Storage apps, which has stopped the aforementioned error from appearing, albeit, my contacts list is empty.
Please help me troubleshoot this error, such that, I am able to restore my contacts list.
:reading: :ashamed:

:bump:

Minion

Conversation Architect

If you are using android phone then yes you just need to install a antivirus with call blocking facitity you may use CM antivirus for this purpose.

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys which is the best Android browser to access websites in desktop mode but with a low memory and data consumption. Chrome and javelin are too heavy

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys if anyone has any link to must have apps for android. Can they let me know.
My friend got a redmi1s recently and needs to know some must have apps.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
We have quite a good discussion about Must Have Apps on Android long time back.
Head over here: *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/155367-must-have-android-games-apps-digitians.html

Looks like I will revisit my own list of must have apps which was last updated a long time ago.: The Must Have Android Apps | Vineet Kumar :D :rolleyes:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It's a good thing for Android users, that Microsoft officially launches office for Android.It is ready for prime time on Android tablets and also addition to the Office suite, Microsoft also released a new Outlook preview for Android.

There are other office suites available for android such as Quickoffice, WPS office, OfficeSuite, which do the job pretty well. :)

saswat23

Human Spambot
Celkon 3G Android KitKat Phone - A356 from Celkon | GSM Mobile Phones | mobile-store | HomeShop18.com

Mi App store in this phone! And MIUI Icon design too!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Is there any task monitor application that does real time sorting of processes by CPU usage so that I can easily know which process is using maximum CPU time at any point?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Celkon 3G Android KitKat Phone - A356 from Celkon | GSM Mobile Phones | mobile-store | HomeShop18.com

Mi App store in this phone! And MIUI Icon design too!
why do crap devices like this even exist? :mad:

People fall in such traps only to realise they did nothing but wasted their money.

chitvan

Journeyman
Does anyone tried new outlook app?
Force closed every time I open it, anyone faced this?
Having Moto G1 with 5.0.2

Top Bottom