Official Android discussion thread

setanjan123

In the zone
Kinda OT. But was just wondering how powerful have mobile socs become?? What is an snapdragon 810 equivalent to?? Have they reached pentium d performance?? Have they reached core 2 duo performance?? What about the mobile gpus??

amjath

Human Spambot
Very powerful.
My guess nvidia tegra k1
No
May be in 10 years.
I want a phone not a portable omlet maker

quicky008

Technomancer
How can i play 4k videos without any stuttering or lag on my phone?I tried playing some 4k video samples using mx player pro but it lagged so much that it was virtually unwatchable.Also i couldn't enable h/w decoding while playing 4k videos as it said that h/w decoding is not supported which seems really odd,as it works just fine while playing other high bitrate 1080p and 720p videos.I also tried different versions of mx player and even vlc player but couldn't get them to work either.So is there any way to enable smooth 4k video playback on my phone?If yes,please let me know how can i achieve that.

Btw my phone is a galaxy A5.

setanjan123

In the zone
How can i play 4k videos without any stuttering or lag on my phone?I tried playing some 4k video samples using mx player pro but it lagged so much that it was virtually unwatchable.Also i couldn't enable h/w decoding while playing 4k videos as it said that h/w decoding is not supported which seems really odd,as it works just fine while playing other high bitrate 1080p and 720p videos.I also tried different versions of mx player and even vlc player but couldn't get them to work either.So is there any way to enable smooth 4k video playback on my phone?If yes,please let me know how can i achieve that.

I don't think the snapdragon 410 supports native 4k video.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I asked this before but rechecking again.
Do we have any kind of app available which has voice feature to remind us of the tasks.
I know Any.Do is good but I don't think it has an option to read out the task that we plan to do.
Also Evernote has good option to take pic of the reminder but I observe that after the time elapses it goes off to notifications.
Guys anyone?

Minion

Conversation Architect

Not possible it is hardware depended

insaneYLN

In the zone
App for Contacts Backup

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I am looking for an app; preferably a freeware, to backup contacts; with a specificity. The concerned app must be able to backup the custom labels created within any particular contact entry.
I have numerous contact entries, for which, I have set dedicated/specific custom labels. A hypothetical illustration of my query can be found here, *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/122921-official-android-discussion-thread-417.html#post2197186.
:chinscratch: :Fingerx: :blink:

Please suggest/recommend an app(s) other than Titanium Backup and Super Backup, as I have installed and tried them.
:unsure:

$hadow

Geek in making
Re: App for Contacts Backup

Hello everyone.

I am looking for an app; preferably a freeware, to backup contacts; with a specificity. The concerned app must be able to backup the custom labels created within any particular contact entry.
I have numerous contact entries, for which, I have set dedicated/specific custom labels. A hypothetical illustration of my query can be found here, *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/122921-official-android-discussion-thread-417.html#post2197186.

Please suggest/recommend an app(s) other than Titanium Backup and Super Backup, as I have installed and tried them.

Try Cm antivirus it has got cloud contact, messages and logs backup.

quicky008

Technomancer
Is it true that android doesn't require any antivirus because it supposedly has some kind of built in virus detection engine? I went to a Samsung service center recently to get one of my phones checked and the first thing they did back there was uninstall avast av that was present on my phone because they claimed android can detect viruses all by itself and doesn't require any 3rd party malware detection apps at all!

Did those people tell me the truth or were they just making things up to befool me?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Till now i havn't seen any virus on android i use CM antivirus just for backup and anti threft features.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What is a virus? It's something which have the potential to damage your device or steal information. In that regard any app that have the permission to access storage area of your phone is a potential virus. Since it can phone home and send some data with it.

That's why it's important to check what permission an app is asking. If you take care of that and install only apps with renowed companies and good ratings and reviews don't think you require any Antivirus. Yes but there is another kind of thing where an Antimalware kind of app can sure help. Adwares. There are some apps which shows you many ads. Constantly and sometimes even full screen. For these apps you can install something like "Security Pal" (I have it on my Moto X) that scans app for adwares while you install an app.

chitvan

Journeyman
Guys anyone?
You can check old Astrid apk on net but not having backup option as service had been closed by Yahoo,
---
2nd you can make your task in calendar and this application will read it, it has strong snooze support.

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitfire.development.calendarsnooze

ajayritik

Technomancer
You can check old Astrid apk on net but not having backup option as service had been closed by Yahoo,
---
2nd you can make your task in calendar and this application will read it, it has strong snooze support.

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitfire.development.calendarsnooze

This was my favorite and first android app which I really liked a lot. Thanks for reminding. Absolutely loved this app.

Re: App for Contacts Backup

Hello everyone.

Go to contacts ad export contacts as VCF file.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm using Liquidsmooth V4 (lollipop 5.0.2) and as you may know, many of the big games aren't working on lollipop. I'm considering to switch back to a kitkat based rom. So, should I switch?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'm using Liquidsmooth V4 (lollipop 5.0.2) and as you may know, many of the big games aren't working on lollipop. I'm considering to switch back to a kitkat based rom. So, should I switch?

Sooner or later games and apps will get upgraded to Lollipop. Doesn't make much sense to downgrade unless you are a hardcore gamer. It's just like Win 7 and Win 8. Modern software might not work properly on Win 8 yet, but they will. But if you are a hardcore gamer, nothing is better than Win 7 right now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sooner or later games and apps will get upgraded to Lollipop. Doesn't make much sense to downgrade unless you are a hardcore gamer. It's just like Win 7 and Win 8. Modern software might not work properly on Win 8 yet, but they will. But if you are a hardcore gamer, nothing is better than Win 7 right now.

So, I'm switching back. Nova 3, Deus Ex: The Fall, Worms 3 refused to install on my phone because of lollipop while they're working fine on the Yu Yureka running CM11. :|

Top Bottom