Official Android discussion thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] Thanks I have edited the link now. Try refreshing the feed again(pull from top), that should fetch new tweets. There's a option somewhere inside settings that lets you auto-refresh every time you launch the app.

Oh yea.. that worked. Have to say the app is good!

*i.minus.com/ibpkujzkUicAf.png

quicky008

Technomancer
I have a galaxy grand which is around 10 months old.Of late,I've been observing that the phone's charge is getting drained pretty fast even when its kept completely switched off for a few days.For instance i charged it completely on previous Sunday and then switched it off and kept it aside for the next couple of days.When i turned it on earlier today,i found that only about 40 % charge is still remaining,which seems rather odd as i was expecting it to have atleast 70% charge,given that i hadn't used it even once for the past 4 days.Is it normal for the battery to get discharged within 3-4 days by a fairly large margin even when it the phone is kept switched off? If not,what should i do to rectify this problem?Afaik the warranty on this phone has still not expired,so should i get it checked at an authorized service center?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^
Is it normal for the battery to get discharged within 3-4 days by a fairly large margin
No. Were you charging your phone with the Mobile Data left on? Also warranty for battery is 6 moths AFAIK.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
If it was switched off then it probably should not do that. However the overall behaviour of the battery is suspicious. How is the battery backup when active?

insaneYLN

In the zone
Process android.process.acore has stopped.

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I use Titanium Backup to primarily backup and restore my contacts list, along with my calendar entries. Within Titanium Backup's Preferences sub-menu, the options - Auto-sync TB settings and Migrate system data have been previously enabled.
However, after having flashed yet another custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware on my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, and precisely initiating the Data only restore of Contacts Storage 4.0.4-XXLRK (CONTACTS/CALLS) entry, the following error appeared -
Unfortunately, the process
android.process.acore has stopped.
:chinscratch: :blink:

The said error appears every time I attempt to launch the Contacts app, and consequently, my contact entries remain missing. Presently, I have cleared data from Settings > Applications > All; for the Contacts and Contacts Storage apps, which has stopped the aforementioned error from appearing, albeit, my contacts list is empty.
Please help me troubleshoot this error, such that, I am able to restore my contacts list.
:reading: :ashamed:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=89911]insaneYLN[/MENTION]: Contact list is automatically synced in your GMail account. If you specifically chose not to sync then that might not happen.

Titanium backup was a bad way to backup contacts. Other options to do that includes GMail sync and Exporting contact list as .VCF file.

Anyway, it seems you are trying to restore data (in this case which are contacts) in two different versions of apps. You can try to restore the data in previous ROM and then taking backup the usual way (not using Titanium backup) and then re-installing the new Custom ROM and restorein the contacts.

insaneYLN

In the zone
To backup contacts, sms and call records, use Super Backup.
@SaiyanGoku, I do use Super Backup as well. Relatedly, I have set custom label names for multiple entries within a particular/specific contact. I do so, for most, if not all of my contacts. I have attached screenshot images of a hypothetical contact entry; for an illustrative purpose.

*i.imgur.com/sVpa06W.jpg

*i.imgur.com/5r9TlbA.jpg

However, Super Backup does not restore the custom label names, but contrarily, the Phone entries appear either as Mobile, or Other.
:blink:

quicky008

Technomancer
Is Samsung galaxy a5 worth buying?Will it receive the lollipop update in future?Are there any better alternatives within the same price range?

quicky008

Technomancer
I see,thanks for your input-is htc's after sales service good enough?Will they provide lollipop update for this particular phone in future?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I see,thanks for your input-is htc's after sales service good enough?Will they provide lollipop update for this particular phone in future?

Not sure about the after sales or software updates but Desire 820 has better hardware (SD615 vs SD410, 8 mp front cam) and software (anything is better than crapwiz) compared to A5.

quicky008

Technomancer
Afaik htc's after sales service is somewhat poor-they reportedly have just one service center in entire kolkata,thats the reason i wish to steer clear of htc.But its true that desire 820 does have far better specs than that overpriced A5.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Afaik htc's after sales service is somewhat poor-they reportedly have just one service center in entire kolkata,thats the reason i wish to steer clear of htc.But its true that desire 820 does have far better specs than that overpriced A5.
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION] has Desire 820

If you decide to get it, you can ask him anything related to it.

rdx_halo

In the zone
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION] has Desire 820

If you decide to get it, you can ask him anything related to it.

I have one query, does android back up the contacts in the cloud automatically like windows phone ?
Suppose I need to reset my phone or my sim card gets corrupted and I need to use a new sim, then what do I have to do to get the contacts back on phone. Sorry but still a noob with my Mi3 !

TechnoBOY

Padawan
I have one query, does android back up the contacts in the cloud automatically like windows phone ?
Suppose I need to reset my phone or my sim card gets corrupted and I need to use a new sim, then what do I have to do to get the contacts back on phone. Sorry but still a noob with my Mi3 !

You need to backup contacts with google account and sync .

Top Bottom