Official Android discussion thread

chitvan

Journeyman
Is there anyway we can block certain numbers in Android phones?
I noticed that there are certain numbers which are coming from Customer Care. This was also confirmed by Airtel Support guy that these numbers are related to customer care.
There are many call blocker all in play store, but company calls comes from different No.,
----
In my phone all the company calls automatically cut itself,
It doesn't block but it cut it in fraction of second,
I set a Tasker Profile which cut every call automatically which number starts from +91140.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Is there anyway we can block certain numbers in Android phones?
I noticed that there are certain numbers which are coming from Customer Care. This was also confirmed by Airtel Support guy that these numbers are related to customer care.
TrueCaller.

You can block numbers starting with that. Also, they use crowd sourcing to mark spam callers.

It's awesome.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
My ZR keeps lagging for a day or two. Then goes back to smooth for a week or so. Then back to lag. Unable to diagnose this. Just wanted to know which process was hogging CPU at that time.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
My ZR keeps lagging for a day or two. Then goes back to smooth for a week or so. Then back to lag. Unable to diagnose this. Just wanted to know which process was hogging CPU at that time.
Try systemon to check which process is consuming most CPU process

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=169037]ariftwister[/MENTION] and [MENTION=163350]ZTR[/MENTION]
Thank you both for the suggestions. I think Systemon serves my present requirement best but Watchdog is also a very good find.

quicky008

Technomancer
when i check the status of the internal memory of my phone in the phone itself,it shows there's around 2.8 gb of free space in it but when i connect the phone to my pc,it shows there only about 1.7 gb of available space-does anyone know why this is happening?Why does my computer show much lower free space than whats actually available on my phone?How can i get it to display the free space in its entirety?

- - - Updated - - -

Another question:I have airdroid installed on my pc and android phone,but on the phone airdroid saves files received from pc via wi fi to the phone's internal storage by default-how do i configure it such that it saves files to the ext. sd card instead?I tried tinkering with the settings but couldn't find any option to save files to sd card-so if anyone know how this can be achieved then kindly post the method here.Thanks.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Please mention your phone manufacturer, model and Android version you are currently on.

I think it is possible that your phone is showing total free memory including internal and SD card and when connected to the PC only SD card is accessible hence showing only what is free on SD card.

quicky008

Technomancer
Please mention your phone manufacturer, model and Android version you are currently on.

I think it is possible that your phone is showing total free memory including internal and SD card and when connected to the PC only SD card is accessible hence showing only what is free on SD card.

phone is xperia t2 ultra,android version 4.4.3-at the time of testing,no sd card was installed on my phone-it was displaying the free space on the internal storage only.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
NOTE: I am purely speculating now

1. Was there a 4.4.3 version of Android? My ZR goes from 4.3 > 4.4.2 > 4.4.4.

2. Prior to KitKat some phones allowed direct access to internal memory as removable storage for a PC. But this facility was probably provided by using a virtual partition. So probably it may not be the total available free memory because it could exclude cache memory etc.

3. Cross check the advertised user available free memory at first boot with what the computer shows as the total capacity of your phone disk when connected ( not the free memory)

chitvan

Journeyman
How to access my contact groups in lollipop?
Having moto g with 5.0.2,
But not able to see contract groups like KitKat,
Only contacts and favorites are there

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423834771070.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423834771070.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 102

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello Friends.
:wave:

Since I have and use Android based devices, I will assuredly have queries, at numerously different points in time, pertaining to apps for various purposes, or serving multiple functionalities.
:blush: :duh2: :sealed:

Consequently, I have been wondering, whether it would be advisable to create a single dedicated thread within the Mobile Apps sub forum, *www.digit.in/forum/mobile-apps/; to lay forth my queries and subsequently, request(s) for suggestions/recommendations from the knowledgeable members of this community?
I intend to avoid creating separate threads for every individual query, and thus, in my own way, refrain from cluttering the aforementioned sub forum.
:crazy: :ashamed: :chinscratch:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I asked this before but rechecking again.
Do we have any kind of app available which has voice feature to remind us of the tasks.
I know Any.Do is good but I don't think it has an option to read out the task that we plan to do.
Also Evernote has good option to take pic of the reminder but I observe that after the time elapses it goes off to notifications.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys need an app that shows network speed as graph for a user specified duration. Currently using Network Speed but i prefer scrollable graph thats log speed, something similar to utorrent's speed tab. actually going to use it with utorrent but unlike the desktop version, the mobile version lacks the speed tab (or most of the features). App must be freeware.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] After a lot of searching I couldn't find an app that would work for you. Seems no present app logs the speed like you want it to. Just about every app just logs the data/speed for a limited time.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
[MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] After a lot of searching I couldn't find an app that would work for you. Seems no present app logs the speed like you want it to. Just about every app just logs the data/speed for a limited time.

thanks buddy. will stick to network speed app. came across a graph but its in the pro version of this app: Internet Speed Meter Lite. don't want to sell out just for some graph thing.

Top Bottom