Official Android discussion thread

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Mwahahahahaha, LG ships a swipe keyboard with all its androids, it works as good as swype :D :D
Really? Need to try that then.

A swipe type keyboard comes with all manufactures actually. Tried hTC's one, nowhere near as consistent as Swype. Sony's, better than hTC's but no match for Swype again. Only Samsung's one could somewhat comes close, again nowhere near to defeat it.

If you've a LG device mind sending me the apk and odex of the keyboard?

tkin

Back to school!!
Really? Need to try that then.

A swipe type keyboard comes with all manufactures actually. Tried hTC's one, nowhere near as consistent as Swype. Sony's, better than hTC's but no match for Swype again. Only Samsung's one could somewhat comes close, again nowhere near to defeat it.

If you've a LG device mind sending me the apk and odex of the keyboard?
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2641502

And a bunch of links all over google, just search for LG G2 Keyboard apk.

moniker

Broken In
My Samsung phone was shipped with swype. Not some other app with the gliding feature but with the original swype itself. Though that means no regular updates, this OEM version of swype isn't there on the play store.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
My Samsung phone was shipped with swype. Not some other app with the gliding feature but with the original swype itself. Though that means no regular updates, this OEM version of swype isn't there on the play store.
What phone was that? Which year? I've never heard a phone shipped with Swype pre-installed!

moniker

Broken In
What phone was that? Which year? I've never heard a phone shipped with Swype pre-installed!

Many Samsung phones till last year or so came with swype. That was before swype became available on the play store.

Back then swype was available in two forms, the beta version on its website and the other based on tie ups with OEMs like Samsung. Galaxy Y, S2 etc had swype preinstalled.

Anyone can easily download the stock firmware of these phones, take out the swype OEM apk and install it on their phones, but not sure if this would amount to piracy.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Err...S2 never had Swype installed! Not a single Samsung I have had, had Swype! S2, N2. You must be talking about when the trail of Swype was blue.

I know about OEM versions / Beta ones, I started using it since it was released!

moniker

Broken In
Err...S2 never had Swype installed! Not a single Samsung I have had, had Swype! S2, N2. You must be talking about when the trail of Swype was blue.

I know about OEM versions / Beta ones, I started using it since it was released!

Sorry, couldn't understand? Trail of Swype that came with my Samsung phone is orange.

You say you know about OEM versions, in what phones did you see them? That's precisely what I'm saying, I have seen then in galaxy y, galaxy ace etc.

*www.samsung.com/uk/mobileappsandservices/swype.html

*www.samsung.com/us/news/newsPreviewRead.do?news_seq=18302

The OEM versions were made by Swype INC. Samsung paid them to have their app in the phones. Now Swype Inc has been acquired by Nuance and they have released swype independently on the play store.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The older versions of Swype had blue coloured trail instead of Orange. Orange came a long after blue.

I never personally seen Swype pre-installed in any phone actually. I installed it on my S2 manually. If I remember right I used to go to beta.swype.com and download it.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz

My Galaxy S had swype pre-installed when it was on Gingerbread. My brother's S2 had it too, but they are the canadian versions. maybe it wasn't there on the indian version.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol, maybe, how the hell would I have any idea about Canadian versions or any versions for that matter other than Indian anyway ? :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
What's the cost of it now? The day they brought it on Play, I purchased it, it was 1 US dollar that day.

Aptoide is there :|

6$. :|

Aptoide is for free or for paid(apps) also ? Never used it.

Lol, maybe, how the hell would I have any idea about Canadian versions or any versions for that matter other than Indian anyway ? :)

It did come with older Samsung devices. I had a Y duos and had the awesome experience of swyping. I didn't know samsung had removed the original swype, that's why I wondered till date that how the hell keyboard became so sucker in my newer Young duos (also 2.3 vs JB) !!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
6$. :|

Aptoide is for free or for paid(apps) also ? Never used it.

It did come with older Samsung devices. I had a Y duos and had the awesome experience of swyping. I didn't know samsung had removed the original swype, that's why I wondered till date that how the hell keyboard became so sucker in my newer Young duos (also 2.3 vs JB) !!
Yes, Aptoide is free for paid apps, legally, don't know how :| You won't find all apps there though.

Didn't know Swype used to come pre-installed with some phones! Well, those Beta / OEM versions were so so so much better than this pathetic Nunace now, I mean really, they literally taught us how to crap an awesome product.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
my old Galaxy Y had swype, didn't liked it and so removed it. :D
My LGOG also had swype along with lg keyboard (had some swype features) and google keyboard. using simpler Android Keyboard (AOSP) is much better IMHO :)

- - - Updated - - -

*tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/reports-hinting-at-an-alleged-sub-100-google-nexus-smartphone-222101.html

Google may be working on an affordable variant of the Nexus phone, thereby making it the cheapest Nexus branded device. Citing a report from a Chinese website, BGR says that the alleged Nexus device will sell under $100.

Google is apparently working with Taiwanese chip maker MediaTek to make the processor that will be seen in this alleged Nexus smartphone. There are no details yet on which handset maker will be making the new affordable device.

There are also speculations that Google is planning to launch an 8.9-inch Nexus tablet this year which will be made by HTC. The successor to the Nexus 5 is also on the plate later this year.

In February, there were some rumours floating around that at this year Google I/O will see the launch of the next iteration of Android namely 4.5, along with the launch of Nexus 8. Other rumours included the fact that it could be manufactured by HTC and that Google may ditch the Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC for an Intel chipset.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Is there anyway I can ensure that when I compose SMS only contacts who have phone number to be displayed. Whenever I compose group messages it's a pain since it lists all people who don't have phone number like who have email address and that message gets converted to MMS and then gets stuck.
Do I have install some app like GO SMS to get around this problem

Top Bottom