Official Android discussion thread

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Does the smart stay feature works on s4 or any galaxy series. For me the screen dims off even if i m looking at it, the eye icon also rarely blinks. Is there any fix?
Yes, there are two fixes actually.

1 - Create your own Sun, which will shine at night, or whenever you need to use that feature.
2 - Trash the phone.
:|

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Look at this Battery Life

Screenshot_2013-11-09-02-51-11.png
Whats the main cause for Battery Lag?? Kernel or ROM ? I know its the combination of both but which contributes the most?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Maybe none! I mean your screen is on for 2 straight hours, and that could / should be the reason. Were you on max brightness? What's the phone? What were you doing? If the screen was mostly on white background that could suck even more juice. Also you seem to are in an area of average / bad reception, look at that yellow signal line!

I get 3.5 hours, at around 40% brightness, auto brightness disabled.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Maybe none! I mean your screen is on for 2 straight hours, and that could / should be the reason. Were you on max brightness? What's the phone? What were you doing? If the screen was mostly on white background that could suck even more juice. Also you seem to are in an area of average / bad reception, look at that yellow signal line!

I get 3.5 hours, at around 40% brightness, auto brightness disabled.

Look at the time it's mid night. I was using at least possible brightness. Yes I was using xda through tapatalk in 3G. This phone is Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini (2011). So yeah the battery mah is very low.

Deadman

Journeyman
Is there any software to make a full backup of phone to pc so that in case if i lost data during flash the entire folder structure with app+data is restored.
Will a direct copy paste of system folders to pc will do?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
And Titanium Backup Pro can do that as well. You must have root, BusyBox installed. Just hit on full system backup and you're good to go.

BTW, I've noticed something today. You can download those huge torrent files, those above 10/12 GB, into your phone's memory, but not into your External SD, doesn't matter in which format you've formatted it! This was an interesting find!

Last edited:

Deadman

Journeyman
I have root access but dont want to go through the tedious process of installing recovery if a simple click can do it.
I am looking for a windows based software like simple ADB backup though it is buggy i read.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I've noticed something today. You can download those huge torrent files, those above 10/12 GB, into your phone's memory, but not into your External SD, doesn't matter in which format you've formatted it! This was an interesting find!

I would not use the phone memory for torrenting as it can damage due to read/write cycles. For 10-12 GB files may its seems an app issue.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
lots of music apps on giveaway from amazon store :hyper: around 40$ 65$

*www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_review-...2350149011&sort=review-rank&tag=desidime05-20

dummydave

Broken In
guy need help....

m noob in android

i have old samsung galaxy ace which i have upgraded to GB 2.3.6 becoz the fone was getting very slow off lately but problem now i m fcing is that its unable to lock gps.

i tried 2-3 apps..fone searches the satellite.but never gets locked...

any idea how to get my gps woking again??

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, downgrade to what ROM you were using previously and where GPS worked fine before.

You can just use the same gps.conf file from your previous ROM and use it on the ROM you have upgraded to, but I doubt it will make any difference.

Oh, the file will be found under /system/etc/

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/o...android-ui-222564.html?utm_source=top_stories

We know that Google is working on bringing some UI changes to Android in the next release, but it looks like the company is preparing for a massive overhaul in interface and functionality when it comes to the mobile OS. If the rumours are true, this could be the biggest shift in Android UI and navigation since Google moved to software buttons with Android 3.0 all those years ago.

Android Police reports based on information received from sources that Google wants to put the ‘OK Google’ hotword and voice-based actions throughout the OS. The report calls it ‘OK Google Everywhere’. The feature would allow users to control different apps including possibly third-party apps with voice commands. The voice recognition feature would reportedly be always-on, just like the Moto X and will only work when it recognises the phone owner’s voice. Google could also add specific actions for individual apps through voice commands, such as sharing a just-clicked photo from the gallery app or sending a reply to a new email, using a combination of commands with the ‘OK Google’ hotword. It could extend beyond just such simple actions to actions related to the content of emails and messages, such as when a friend asks you to check out movie timings in a new Hangouts message, Google will be able to launch actions related to that using voice commands. It’s like Android’s powerful ‘Share’ button but totally voice dependent.

Top Bottom