Official Android discussion thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What major advantages of this rom you found over others?
All the custom ROMs I tried are smooth, it all comes down to the minor things. Some of those are common to all the custom ROMs and some are specific to that version alone. Crdroid 7.28 has the least amount of those things that I can live with.

Lineage and Pixel Experience - Too basic;
Lineage was the first one, didn't know what to expect from custom ROM. Pixel Experience was the last, know how much it lacks comparing with other ROMs.
Voltage - A13 is good, but too much battery drain and device gets too warm. Goes upto to low to mid 60s vs other custom ROMs barely reach 50s.
Havoc A11 - Guess it's the initial build and lacks a lot of features/customization

I used all the custom ROMs for 2-3 weeks except Havoc A11 (had it for less than a day) and Pixel Experiencee (had it for less than an hour).

The above 4 are clearly out. And the other 4 are, Havoc A10, RRemix, Crdroid 7.25 and 7.28. These are decent enough to use daily.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Does Crdroid have an official support channel on TG/xda where they actively respond?
I don't know if it's called official, yes they do have a channel/group and I am not in it. And they also do have device specific channel (like Crdroid Santoni) where I am in, but it's completely silent. Pretty much inactive. There is a device channel (like group for Santoni) which is very much active. Find your device channel and join, I hope your device channel too would be active like mine.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know if it's called official, yes they do have a channel/group and I am not in it. And they also do have device specific channel (like Crdroid Santoni) where I am in, but it's completely silent. Pretty much inactive. There is a device channel (like group for Santoni) which is very much active. Find your device channel and join, I hope your device channel too would be active like mine.
I am not trying anything beyond xiaomi EU roms for now mostly because they have active forum & I like some miui features & themes.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am not trying anything beyond xiaomi EU roms for now mostly because they have active forum & I like some miui features & themes.
Yeah, it was bit difficult at first to lose the features we use. But I got used to it now. The amount of smoothness, response, battery life, features made me stick with custom ROM.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
All the custom ROMs I tried are smooth, it all comes down to the minor things. Some of those are common to all the custom ROMs and some are specific to that version alone. Crdroid 7.28 has the least amount of those things that I can live with.

Lineage and Pixel Experience - Too basic;
Lineage was the first one, didn't know what to expect from custom ROM. Pixel Experience was the last, know how much it lacks comparing with other ROMs.
Voltage - A13 is good, but too much battery drain and device gets too warm. Goes upto to low to mid 60s vs other custom ROMs barely reach 50s.
Havoc A11 - Guess it's the initial build and lacks a lot of features/customization

I used all the custom ROMs for 2-3 weeks except Havoc A11 (had it for less than a day) and Pixel Experiencee (had it for less than an hour).

The above 4 are clearly out. And the other 4 are, Havoc A10, RRemix, Crdroid 7.25 and 7.28. These are decent enough to use daily.
Now with A14,
Evolution X has most customization, then Matrixx and now AlphaDroid, RisingOS

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
with EDL mode you don't need any mi account.
Not sure if that is entirely correct.

xdaforums.com/t/how-where-do-i-find-an-authorized-xiaomi-edl-account-owner-nowadays.4266137/page-3#posts

www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/vfepow/does_anyone_give_edl_flashing_services_for_free/

I was asking if those roms needed any mi account or not.
No rom (official or custom) requires mi acc mandatorily, it is always optional.

Top Bottom