Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidi2521

Padawan
*www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ar...-ones-chief-product-officer-marc-whitten.aspx

Looks like they have taken a page from SimCity's books on the cloud "enhancing" AI.

*twitter.com/Espio1/status/336998311452098562

Just interviewed Phil Harrison. Reaffirmed that second hand games need to be repurchased. Declined to comment on 24hr online requirement

Angry Joe hits the nail on its head.

*www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Untitled-Fifa14-PC.jpg

@Xbox/PSFans: Do you consider the PC last gen based on this news now?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
worst reveal ever. Micro and nintendi are out of the next gen league. With all that hardware, a xbox one is going to cost around 450$... unlike the last time where there was a 100$ price difference, Microsoft is gonna get screwed really hard.

you need to be online whenever you want to start a multiplayer game like steam. LOL

lets just say the ps2 times are here...

i was thinking during the reveal.... xbot one ? when the guy says " Xbox show me the fantasy "

lets just say im expecting nothing more than a forza, a gow , and the new ip. i think they meant they will release 15 new ip's not all hardcore. 4-5 Hardcore rest 10 kinect based.

while the ps4 has a lot on its hands. i mean it hasnt even released yet and the numbers are going up day by day.

and all that video / audio input gestures use a lot of computing power... so i dont understand is microsoft trying to reinvent the TV or is microsoft trying to reinvent trolls?

+1, no comparison. Cod engine was getting old like really old, so it needed a reboot anyways.

there are only 3 things in the world, which sell

kinect, kinect and kinect :p

even the casuals wont want to buy another cable streaming box, when they own a skybox... :lol:

For the first time in your life, you are actually making some* sense. Congratulations!

@Vickybat: Dude seriously, what is wrong with you? Kinect is not bundled. You're essentially paying $100-150 more at the very least for a device that is required for the console to work. The steam like DRM makes it even worse. And what if people want to play X360 games but don't want to have two boxes in your house?
COD looks BETTER?! :lol: :rofl: That is the worst joke I could have ever heard ever.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/consoles/10665d1369203344-next-gen-console-discussion-ps4-n-xbox720-n-wii-u-3uicwl.jpg

Bill Gates revealing Xbox 1 :lol:
*i.imgur.com/6XD06Wt.jpg

*Other than the Nintendo bits.

Attachments

• 3uicwl.jpg
    3uicwl.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Vickybat is steve ballmer! truth! :p

EDIT - go home xbox, you're drunk :p

[youtube]KbWgUO-Rqcw[/youtube]

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
For the first time in your life, you are actually making some sense. Congratulations!

@Vickybat: Dude seriously, what is wrong with you? Kinect is not bundled. You're essentially paying $100-150 more at the very least for a device that is required for the console to work. The steam like DRM makes it even worse. And what if people want to play X360 games but don't want to have two boxes in your house?
COD looks BETTER?! :lol: :rofl: That is the worst joke I could have ever heard ever.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/consoles/10665d1369203344-next-gen-console-discussion-ps4-n-xbox720-n-wii-u-3uicwl.jpg

Bill Gates revealing Xbox 1 :lol:
*i.imgur.com/6XD06Wt.jpg

Implying that the console that plays MH and Lord Kamiya's masterpieces looked bad :-x

The best use for the Xbox's voice controls.

*i.qkme.me/3uij7d.jpg

*i.qkme.me/3uiakm.jpg

The conference in a nutshell:

*i.imgur.com/pXYiyG0.jpg
*i.imgur.com/6d8fJiJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/dbOs1rB.jpg
*i.imgur.com/jlyNiFH.jpg
*i.imgur.com/2kdAUbF.jpg
*i.imgur.com/SMNlBvF.jpg

Can't say I disagree with this.

*i.imgur.com/DKlcYWf.jpg

darkv0id

Journeyman
Am I the only one who likes the Xbox One's design? I mean, while it's not as aesthetically pleasing as the PS3, I certainly think it looks better than the 360. :|

heidi2521

Padawan
Am I the only one who likes the Xbox One's design? I mean, while it's not as aesthetically pleasing as the PS3, I certainly think it looks better than the 360. :|

If /r/games, neogaf, giantbomb, /r/gaming, twitter etc. are any indication:

Yes. There may be other people but you are in a minority.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Count me in. I too like the simplistic design. Atleast it doesn't look like a toy. :)

New EA Sports Titles, Forza V, 15 Exclusives on Xbox One

I think the kinect centric titles this time will be hardcore, something like mass effect 3 voice controls and even better. Technically, it isn't that much different from ps4.

Guys here keep forgetting that this was a hardware reveal. E3 will totally focus on softwares. Then we can all comment on games.
I'm kind of excited about the new ip's.

Microsoft made it pretty clear in the first half hour that the announcement was going to be all about the One's other entertainment features. Anything about gaming would be banished to the company's E3 conference in a few weeks.

Last edited:

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
i have a question regarding hardware of xbox one...it has the same hardware as the PS4 except for the memory, PS4 has 8GB GDDR5 Unified and xbox one has 8GB DDR3 so my question is will there be any performance difference between 8GB GDDR5 Unified and 8GB DDR3 and also what is unified memory?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i have a question regarding hardware of xbox one...it has the same hardware as the PS4 except for the memory, PS4 has 8GB GDDR5 Unified and xbox one has 8GB DDR3 so my question is will there be any performance difference between 8GB GDDR5 Unified and 8GB DDR3 and also what is unified memory?

Unified memory is a feature of a heterogeneous architecture where different processing cores exist inside a die. Broadly,it can be said that a chip incorporating vector processors and scalar units ( conventional cpu cores) act as a heterogeneous chip. Here cpu and gpu form the same and they have a unified or common pool of memory to access.

So both cpu and gpu can fetch data with a simple interrupt control, directly from one memory pool. It saves a lot of latency issues involved in redundant memory read and write back operations in multiple memory pools.

Xbox one has the slower memory type than ps4's GDDR5, but it has a small trick up its sleeve. Xbox One features a high speed cache block called ES-RAM which acts as a bridge between the main memory pool and execution resources. When data is fetched, it passes through ES-RAM which has a much higher bandwidth than DDR3. So the overall bandwidth is again increased.

Though its not as efficient and fast enough as GDDR5, it still gets the job done by a great degree.

Everything We Know About The Xbox One

Peter Molyneux: Microsoft "won" this console generation, is no longer competing with Sony and Nintendo
Former MS exec and Lionhead boss names Apple, Google and Samsung as rivals

Shuhei Yoshida President of Sony's Worldwide Studios Responds to Xbox One Announcement

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
For the first time in your life, you are actually making some* sense. Congratulations!

[/SIZE]

actually i made sense everytime, you were too stupid to realize it :p :lol:

can i haz troll plz ?

*cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38055578.jpg

*i.minus.com/ijW9KbFN8WmTW.gif

*i.minus.com/ibcHIyVOGJM8mo.gif

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Peasant 1 : PS4 has GDDR5 :cool:
Peasant 2 : xbox one has better DDR3 memory
Peasant 1 : GDDR5 is faster

Master Race: *chuckles* While you peasants fight in the gladiator pit about Ancient terms like DDR3 and GDDR5
We will usher in a New age of DDR4

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

Peasant 1 : PS4 has GDDR5 :cool:
Peasant 2 : xbox one has better DDR3 memory
Peasant 1 : GDDR5 is faster

Master Race: *chuckles* While you peasants fight in the gladiator pit about Ancient terms like DDR3 and GDDR5
We will usher in a New age of DDR4

not so fast, ddr4 commercial acceptance is still about 2 years away.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Am I the only one who liked the design of the Fat Xbox 360 (Elite model) the best between all Xboxes? The PS3 fat was the best looking console IMHO after the PS2 Fat. The Wii mini also looked good.

@Vickybat: When you reveal the hardware, you should primarily mention how gaming benefits, because this isn't a home entertainment box before it is a gaming console. Mentioning junk like Fifa and CoD with lots and lots of marketing BS is not how you show it's hardware prowess.

And even if you don't focus on gaming, how do you explain the conflicting information between the suits and the other employees? Apart from that, no matter how well you sugarcoat it, DRM-locking is not the way a console should function.

You may not like what I said, but you can't deny it. Like it or not, Microsoft f***ed up this reveal big time.

cyborg47

Technomancer
oh hello geniuses, it was supposed to be a 'reveal', not necessarily hardware or software. And they failed miserably at that. The 'wait till E3' reason is stupid.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Yeah, sorry :p
But we should honestly stop trolling microsoft. After all, its some 'rocket science level stuff'.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
oh hello geniuses, it was supposed to be a 'reveal', not necessarily hardware or software. And they failed miserably at that. The 'wait till E3' reason is stupid.

who are you pointing to? everyone agrees the reveal was a reee-veal :D

Yeah, sorry :p
But we should honestly stop trolling microsoft. After all, its some 'rocket science level stuff'.

maybe he was referring to it as rocket science because its cloud powered? :lol: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom