Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidi2521

Padawan
^^ Yawn....:lol:

That doesn't refute my claims, genius.

Utter lol stuff. Grow up and learn to differentiate between a motherboard and an SOC.

Just because i accidentally wrote MoBo in one post doesn't mean I don't know the difference in between MoBo and SoC genius.

No wonder your posts does not contain a single technical stuff but all PR material.

How do my posts contain PR material, genius?

And finally, you admit that i'm a genius. ;) And cooling system:confused:......:what now, is it gonna cost $100 :rofl:

A cooling system isn't the only thing I mentioned, genius.

No wonder you don't have a clue. And oh yes, you do read, i mean read PR stuff, sales charts and all that.

I do read technical write ups, and analyses of the consoles, genius.

Oh... i really had a lot of fun. Nice.....

Ok back to news:

Nintendo Wii U Fails to Achieve Targets: 3.45 Million Units Sold During Launch Window.

You Can't Build A PS4: Why Sony's Next Console Is Truly Next-Gen And Your PC Isn't

That's one view of an analyst. Do i have to name more.
[/QUOTE]

A user blog on the forbes website does not mean that he is a 'top analyst', genius.

And $500 >> $100, genius.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
You Can't Build A PS4: Why Sony's Next Console Is Truly Next-Gen And Your PC Isn't

That's one view of an analyst. Do i have to name more.

The author of that article......
How dare he...........
Compare the mobile CPU/GPU of the PS4 to a full fledged CPU/GPU of a PC........ :x :x

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
That doesn't refute my claims, genius.

Your claims are lol.

Just because i accidentally wrote MoBo in one post doesn't mean I don't know the difference in between MoBo and SoC genius.

You don't know the difference. Your posts prove it.

How do my posts contain PR material, genius?

Find it out yourself. Nobody has the time to make sense out of your posts.

A cooling system isn't the only thing I mentioned, genius.

Yeah you mentioned a lot of lol stuff. Cooling system was one of them.

I do read technical write ups, and analyses of the consoles, genius.

Oh really? How come your posts doesn't reflect that? If you did, you wouldn't be arguing like a little kid with me.
I posted a direct write up from the lead architect himself. But no, you are too busy in proving your lol points.

Do you know what a closed box model is?

A user blog on the forbes website does not mean that he is a 'top analyst', genius.

And $500 >> $100, genius.

That forbes blog makes a lot of sense than your posts ever will.
Another nonsense post, especially the bold part. Why am i even surprised. Your posts never made sense.

The author of that article......
How dare he...........
Compare the mobile CPU/GPU of the PS4 to a full fledged CPU/GPU of a PC........ :x :x

An article probably coming up. Hold your horses.

In other news:

Is The Wii U Making Nintendo Suicidal?

Slowly moving towards dreamcast.

PS4 price hinted by Sony, console will appeal to 'gamers in the broadest sense'

RUMOR: Next Xbox Retails For $500

PS4 PlayGo Explained, Gamers Impatiently Listen

Last edited:
Lets do a full price breakdown(extremely generous):

APU - $100 (Minimum)
GDDR5 RAM - ~$120
OS Chip - $15(lower end ARM chip)
Encode Chip - $15(also lower end ARM chip)
Blu Ray - $20
Hard Drive - $40
USB Ports and other I/O. - $15
Network Chip - $10
Dualshock 4 - $30(DS3 Cost + 5 for touchpad)
PS Eye - $5(lower end webcam)
Headset - $2
Cables - $5

Total $367.

This does not include the price of the Motherboard, PSU, Fans(I doubt it will be liquid cooled), Case, Packaging, Manuals, Assembly, Transport, Q.A., Customs, Licensing Fees(Codecs, HDCP compliance, patents etc.) and anything I may have missed and assumes that manufacturers will take minimal profit on products supplied(unlikely).

Once you factor in all that there is no way the PS4 will be initially sold at a profit, let alone a $100 profit.

RAM cost estimated from:
*www.abload.de/img/gpuq3280ufv.png

Src: Mercury Research report on GPU manufacturing cost.

Nobody said the architecture is bad, so that point is irrelevant here. It is as irrelevant as saying that Kamiya has given a thumbs up to the approach of the Wii U.

Totally nothing new:

*www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Wii-U.jpg

As I've pointed out before Nintendo is incapable of participating in this kind of pissing contest so they choose to differentiate themselves.

David gibson live tweeting Nintendo investors meet.

*twitter.com/gibbogame/status/327260169912348672

i di not wish to spoil the temperament of this thread, but i wish to point out a few anomalies in your statement :

1. Os / encode chips are on the mainboard. Mass produced. Max cost 5-10$

2. for 40$ Sony could equip the ps4 with a 1TB hdd

3. cables wont cost 5$

4. Heat and power solutions are very easy do design and manufacture because of lower heat generation ( single solution ) and low power requirement.

I would say, that the total would come to about 350$ , however if my estimations are wrong the max loss the ps4 will face will be 15~50$

another point you may be getting wrong is about the price of the ram. The ps4 has 8GB of GDDR5. This can be 512MBx16 (very likely) soon be shifted to 1GBx8 modules in the first release and in the next revision be 2GBx4 the gpu's you have mentioned dont use 1GB / 512 MB memory modules. The denser the memory module, the higher the cost to manufacture it. Since new generation of video cards will use either 1GB or 2GB modules we can expect the price to be much lower by the time the ps4 launches.

EDIT :

+1 @ vickybat

brilliantly explained by vickybat. what i was trying to say

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Thanks mate. You did a pretty good job yourself. :)

Time for some tech news:

Mark Cerny Comments On PS4 Bottlenecks And How Devs Can Overcome

Mark Cerny seems to be the talk of the town. Never seen a lead architect being highlighted in this fashion. I've become a huge fan of this guy.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Xbox Infinity?

New Xbox Console Named Xbox Infinity?
*cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-Shot-2013-05-02-at-15.06.58.png

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Change of plans:

Next Xbox to be Called Fusion and Why Microsoft Picked That Sub-Name

Some more news:

Nothing seems to be going good for this console lately.

Wii U now Confirmed to be Hacked, First Game Dumped

Finally, the battle between heavyweights is starting to show:

The Key Split Between Sony's PS4 And Microsoft's Next Xbox Is Starting To Emerge

heidi2521

Padawan
Microsoft: Next Xbox will work even when your Internet doesn’t | Ars Technica

Instant No Button! Star Wars funnies FTW!

*nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The Next Xbox Won’t Require An Internet Connection

Sony Planning “Some Intriguing Game Announcements” This Week

Secrets of the PS4: Heavily modified Radeon, supercharged APU design

Playstation Exclusive "Agent" To Debut On PS4; E3 2013 Reveal?

Nintendo might find themselves in dire straits soon since the competition is really starting to heat up. Xbox infinite is coming strong along with ps4. :neutral:

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
The Next Xbox Won’t Require An Internet Connection

Sony Planning “Some Intriguing Game Announcements” This Week

Secrets of the PS4: Heavily modified Radeon, supercharged APU design

Playstation Exclusive "Agent" To Debut On PS4; E3 2013 Reveal?

The Wii U might find themselves in dire straits soon since the competition is really starting to heat up. Xbox infinite is coming strong along with ps4. :neutral:

FTFY. The Vita isn't heating up any time soon. And Nintendo does have the ability to turn the Wii U around as i have shown in another thread.

*abload.de/img/frostbitewiiufzucz.jpg

The last tweet. Burn!!!

Reggie Fils-Aime and Shigeru Miyamoto to Host Pre-E3 Presentation - News - Nintendo World Report

I consider NWR to be the only reliable Nintendo focused site on the web.

Pach-Attack! Video - Pachter's Xbox Rumor Ratings | GameTrailers

I hope that the curse of the reverse-Pachterdamus comes true(or not for a few points).

You are late with the no always online info :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ You should stop using offensive abbreviations in constructive and informative threads ( You very well know what i mean).
If the information doesn't suit you or is out of phase, give them a pass before writing dubious comments.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Is This Naughty Dog’s PlayStation 4 Game?

Sony asked Bungie’s feedback on DualShock 4

Announcement about the future of Gran Turismo on May 15

Next-Gen Graphics Will 'Blow You Away'

Just Cause devs: Wii U dev kits “collecting dust,” no plans to develop for the console :lol::lol::lol::lol:

"No. Not at the moment. My kids play “Skylanders Giants” on Wii U. It’s pretty much the only dealings I have with the console…We actually had some develop (dev kits) consoles that just collected dust. It’s a little sad, because we were supposed wanted to do something. I think it is a cool platform, but right now it’s not just up to us. We want the game to release an as wide as possible". :lol:

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^
"No. Not at the moment. My kids play “Skylanders Giants” on Wii U. It’s pretty much the only dealings I have with the console…We actually had some develop (dev kits) consoles that just collected dust. It’s a little sad, because we were supposed wanted to do something. I think it is a cool platform, but right now it’s not just up to us. We want the game to release an as wide as possible".

epic insult :lol:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ :)

Ok time for an interesting article.

The PS4 Does PC Gaming A Big Favor

An interesting read and i found all the basic points to be completely valid.

heidi2521

Padawan
Capcom: Higher Sales Didn’t Boost Profits, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U is a Smash Hit | GenGAME

Capcom predicts next-gen development costs to “soar” | VG247

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Six months in, is the Wii U dead in the water?

Next-gen EA games will skip Wii U due to performance issues with Frostbite engine

Seems like its on the path of getting dreamcasted soon. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom