You must wait for the SandyBridge, and if you can't then you should go for:
Processor- Intel Core i3 530 Price rs. 5880
Motherboard- MSI P55M GD45 Price rs. 5640
Ram- Kingston 2 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 RAM Price rs.2400
Hard disk- 640GB Sata Western Digital Hard Disk (32MB buffer) Price- 3000
Total approximate = Rs. 18000

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I think even the slowest i5 will be lot faster than amd x6 1055t - 1075t. They pack lot powerful and efficient cores than preceeding lynnfield i5's and all amd's.

Also the prices mentioned by top gear are going to be same in india. Some online sites have quoted the prices. They may be even lower in retail markets.

I think even the slowest i5 will be lot faster than amd x6 1055t - 1075t. They pack lot powerful and efficient cores than preceeding lynnfield i5's and all amd's.

Also the prices mentioned by top gear are going to be same in india. Some online sites have quoted the prices. They may be even lower in retail markets.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
You must wait for the SandyBridge, and if you can't then you should go for:
Processor- Intel Core i3 530 Price rs. 5880
Motherboard- MSI P55M GD45 Price rs. 5640
Ram- Kingston 2 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 RAM Price rs.2400
Hard disk- 640GB Sata Western Digital Hard Disk (32MB buffer) Price- 3000
Total approximate = Rs. 18000

:lol: is this kind of a joke competition?

overpriced dual core (after all its a dual core) + bad motherboard (socket problem) + incompatible overpriced ram (DDR2?) + outdated overpriced HDD. even intel fanboys won't be able to stop their laugh :grin:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yeah Sam. That config won't work with those incompatible rams. There are better choices at that budget.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
@vickybat
when core to core comparion will be done AMD will have a upperhand...and this lineup of intel is just to replace their current i-core series.When this new i-cores will be launched it will be priced high in India.Till the prices settle down there will be new octa-core entry from AMD.I think it will be game changer scenario for the industry.About the gpu-cpu combination...it is just a temporary solution for pc builder..i mean for example who wants to play crysis turning down all setting med-low @ low resolution. Think of it.

And regarding OP query here the solution:
AMD Phenom ii x4 965 rs.7800 OR AMD athlon ii x4 640 rs.4900
Gigabyte 880gma-ud2h rs.4800
G-Skill 1600mhz ripjaw series. timing-(8-8-8-24) rs.3850
segate 1tb rs.2800~2900
phenom system total= rs.19350
athlon system total= rs.16450
that is in your budget.
for cabinet look no further the nzxt gamma for rs.2.1k
corsair psu 450w for rs.4.5k.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ max_snyper

Wrong buddy. Its the other way round. Core per core , intel has the upper hand even in its nehalem architecture. Thats why u see amd had to compete with intel's quad cores with its six core offerings. And still, intel's top end quadcores had the upperhand. Forget gulftown six cores.

Clock per clock, intel cores are more efficient. And as per the info regarding amd's octa core , thats nowhere near fruitition yet. We have to wait until bulldozer releases and it will be significantly better than the thubans.

But remember that the sandybridge processors released for socket 1155 are entry level to mid range parts. They are beating the company's previous flagship, the mighty i7 980x a.k.a gulftown in most benchmarks especially the i7 2600k.

Just imagine what intel's high end offerings has to offer for enthusiasts. And amd till now has no answer to the i7 980x gulftown yet which infact is a previous generation processor.

Amd does offer great value in a price/performance ratio and its x6 offerings give tremendous value. But sandybridge has changed that somewhat so we have to wait and see what bulldozer brings into the picture.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i am getting really confused here at the moment....i don't think i can wait for few months..i have already been waiting for few months & my patience is running thin...do u guys think sanbridge would be affordable in my budget???A friend of mine told me that coolermaster cm690 is a good cabinet,so is it affordable???Also which spec to go for..amd or intel...my main requirements are gaming & i do plan to buy a graphics card in the future...so pls help out...

Also i need a board which has about 6 sata connectors...is it possible??

edit:-was just looking over the prices of sandybridge chipsets at smc international...the min i found was 9000 bucks...

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@max snyper and jerin -
take this - :evil::evil::evil:
Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2300 CPU
Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU

and vicky is right. clock per clock and in core efficiency intel sandybridge has more advantage. thats why 4 cores of SNB perform better than 6 core AMD solutions.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
@max snyper and jerin -
take this - :evil::evil::evil:
Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2300 CPU
Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU

and vicky is right. clock per clock and in core efficiency intel sandybridge has more advantage. thats why 4 cores of SNB perform better than 6 core AMD solutions.

urrrgh...isn't that too expensive???I don't see how this will fit my budget...can anyone pls help here???

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
dont worry ronnie -
lets begin -

Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.7k
Asus P8H67 M LE @ 6.5k
Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB * 2 @ 2.4k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k

Total - 20.3k

mastercool

Broken In
dont worry ronnie -
lets begin -

Asus P8H67 M LE @ 6.5k

Total - 20.3k

hey, this ,i think ,is the best setup one can get

and is intel better than amd??
i'm gonna buy amd athlon x3 435
should i go wid intel??

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
dont worry ronnie -
lets begin -

Asus P8H67 M LE @ 6.5k

Total - 20.3k
hey thanks for your response...but is it possible for you to compare this with the amd spec which has been put up here...or could u give me an amd spec as well...since this is slighly going over my budget....pls recommend a board with good onboard graphics too...thanks

And regarding OP query here the solution:
AMD Phenom ii x4 965 rs.7800 OR AMD athlon ii x4 640 rs.4900
Gigabyte 880gma-ud2h rs.4800
G-Skill 1600mhz ripjaw series. timing-(8-8-8-24) rs.3850
segate 1tb rs.2800~2900
phenom system total= rs.19350
athlon system total= rs.16450
that is in your budget.
for cabinet look no further the nzxt gamma for rs.2.1k
corsair psu 450w for rs.4.5k.

was talking about this..

again whati need is minimum 4 sata slots,good on board graphics(till i buy a graphics card)

Last edited:

Jerin

Journeyman
See you want good onboard graphics and that can be given only by the Sandy Bridge model 2600k and it is the most expensive one !

The onboard Gpu in 2600k is ok , others are not that great. If you have doubts you can check the reviews.

But you cannot play big shot games with that !

All I want to say to you is that wait little bit more if you can ,so that you can so that you can have a pc with

2600k Processor at a cheaper cost
Better MB at a cheaper cost
Sata 3 compatible HDD at a cheaper cost

Again its your choice, if your needs are fulfilled by 2400 then go with that. Good Luck!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
dont worry ronnie -
lets begin -

Asus P8H67 M LE @ 6.5k

Total - 20.3k

config is good but the mobo price seems high & so do the processor. should come down once SB is widely avl.

hey, this ,i think ,is the best setup one can get

and is intel better than amd??
i'm gonna buy amd athlon x3 435
should i go wid intel??

if you have the budget, get Intel (core i5 based SB, not i3) else stick to Athlon II X3. BTW, what else are you going to get? full config.

hey thanks for your response...but is it possible for you to compare this with the amd spec which has been put up here...or could u give me an amd spec as well...since this is slighly going over my budget....pls recommend a board with good onboard graphics too...thanks

than you have to go for Intel Original boards which sucks. OR, get a slightly cheaper cabinet.

pls recommend a board with good onboard graphics too

SB has graphics die integrated into the processor. better graphics = faster processor = more money. motherboard only houses the south bridge chip & the other usual peripherals.

Jerin

Journeyman
Go for ASUS or Gigabyte or ASRock ,that could be better !

But this ASUS board doesn't even have a USB 3.0 ,which is the future !

@Jas Paji , I just wanted to tell him the prices of the best model. If you are talking about entry level Sandy Bridge then it is a different story all together.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Ronnie11

Go with jaskanwar singh's config buddy. Its the best and beats even amd x6 1055 and 1075t based rigs. It future proof as well. And the processor jas has suggested is an i5 and not i3 which means its a true quadcore processor.

A big NO to the amd 965 based config max_snyper has suggested. Its simply not in the same league of i5 2400.

The on-die gpu of i5 2400, i5 2500 and i7 2600 including the k models are same. All of them have a graphics memory frequency of 850mhz. But the i7 2600 has a turbo frequency of 1350mhz as opposed to the 1100 mhz of the i5's. It similar to turboboost but again you can overclock on-die gpu with the h67 chipset that jaskanwar suggested. So it doesn't matter and you can safely go with the i5 2400 eyes closed.

REFER THIS

Last edited:

Jerin

Journeyman
^

It is same only for i5 2500k and i7 2600k (HD 3000) ,others have a HD2000 graphics. The HD 2000 version have only 6 Execution Units while HD 3000 ones have 12 EU's making processing a lot faster.

So wait for i5 2500k atleast

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^

It is same only for i5 2500k and i7 2600k (HD 3000) ,others have a HD2000 graphics. The HD 2000 version have only 6 Execution Units while HD 3000 ones have 12 EU's making processing a lot faster.

So wait for i5 2500k atleast

will price of i5 2500/k come down to i5 2400's bracket in a month? i bet it won't move a bit from the price it'll be launching. at least not in first month. so making Ronnie wait, is a no brainer decision according to me.

also it'll be better to get i5 2400 + a midrange card like HD5670 or GTS450. total price will remain same (as i5 2500k or 2600k + H67) but the graphics performance & so the overall performance will get a good boost.

Top Bottom