New Setup with a budget of Rs20000

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
If he can add a discrete card in future, then its not needed. 2500k will be expensive and cost around 15k.

i5 2400 is great for the budget so op can go for it.

And btw Jerin, you were right in the intel hd graphics part. Thanks for correcting buddy. Op can happily add a discrete gpu in future and forget the on-die graphics.

Jerin

Journeyman
Well it is obviously his choice , if he needs it urgently then he should go for 2400 based Pc. Otherwise if he is in no hurry and if he has already got a good pc with him ( workable ) , then let him wait .

As Vicky told , if he wants it right now then yes he should go for 2400 based pc .

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^go my bat drink him bloodless :D

now acc to me 20k is not a gaming rig budget ,jassji gets the kudos for that config but op can seriously get an unreal perf boost wih a larger budget.

so ronnie first of all give us a complete budget including the amount you are wlling tos spend on video card.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Sam yup they bit overpriced.

Ronnie now 4gb single modules are there at just 200-300 bucks more than dual kits. So i dont think 2 ram slots are bad. More practically u wont need more than 4gb!

Jerin spending 2-3k more just for hd3000 is utter nonsense if a person wont oc even! Hd2000 are fine. These are atleast better than all current. What more u expect from onboard gfx.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Sam.Shab;1321887]config is good but the mobo price seems high & so do the processor. should come down once SB is widely avl.

when will it be widely available???

if you have the budget, get Intel (core i5 based SB, not i3) else stick to Athlon II X3. BTW, what else are you going to get? full config.

erm the budget did exceed...i already have a dvd drive,speakers etc...just need the proc,motherboard,ram(ddr3,have ddr2) & a hdd

than you have to go for Intel Original boards which sucks. OR, get a slightly cheaper cabinet.

the cabinet budget is different from the 20k budget..y does intel board suck??I am willing to look at asus,giga..anything which gives better performance..

SB has graphics die integrated into the processor. better graphics = faster processor = more money. motherboard only houses the south bridge chip & the other usual peripherals.

The only problem with sb now is that its expensive,would have bought it otherwise..otherwise can anyone tell me as to what budget i should have to get a decent SB

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
@Vickybat
dude take a chill pill why there is a reason to thrash somebody's suggestion like this:
"A big NO to the amd 965 based config max_snyper has suggested. Its simply not in the same league of i5 2400."
you should respect everybody's suggestion.
and bye the way OP has provided his budget constraint of 20k i gave him suggestion on that basis.
and dude i5 2400 doesnt have the same igp as 2600k. do your home work on the configs and on the thread little bit.
check out the link here: Sandy Bridge (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it will provide you good knowledge of intel i-cores!!!!
good day mate.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
now acc to me 20k is not a gaming rig budget ,jassji gets the kudos for that config but op can seriously get an unreal perf boost wih a larger budget.

so ronnie first of all give us a complete budget including the amount you are wlling tos spend on video card.

though i do not have the money now to spend on GPU,i plan to spend about 10k after a year or so...was planning to get a midrange card...
i do agree that 20k is nowhere enough to get me a good gaming spec...but i was trying to setup a basic rig for gaming...btw i am not a serious gamer,even with onboard graphics,i used to play cs/halo or at max cod 4 MW....knowing the limitations of onboard graphics....

Sam yup they bit overpriced.

Ronnie now 4gb single modules are there at just 200-300 bucks more than dual kits. So i dont think 2 ram slots are bad. More practically u wont need more than 4gb!

Jerin spending 2-3k more just for hd3000 is utter nonsense if a person wont oc even! Hd2000 are fine. These are atleast better than all current. What more u expect from onboard gfx.

erm thinking 2-3 years down the line,would it still be enough to have 4gb...

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@Vickybat
dude take a chill pill why there is a reason to thrash somebody's suggestion like this:
"A big NO to the amd 965 based config max_snyper has suggested. Its simply not in the same league of i5 2400."
you should respect everybody's suggestion.
and bye the way OP has provided his budget constraint of 20k i gave him suggestion on that basis.
and dude i5 2400 doesnt have the same igp as 2600k. do your home work on the configs and on the thread little bit.
check out the link here: Sandy Bridge (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it will provide you good knowledge of intel i-cores!!!!
good day mate.

I do respect your suggestion , thats why i said respectfully not to go for 965be. The reason is that proccy cannot even hold its own against older lynnfields like i5 760. So comparing it with sandybridge is utter nonsense.

I have done my homework well and know better about the sandybridge architecture. I had finished reading the wikipedia link you provided some 3 months back so doesn't make any point.

Its absurd to compare the igp of 2600k and 2400 and making a buying decision on that factor. A person buying the 2600k will definitely go for a discrete video card so no point at all.

Op is fine with i5 2400 as he has no plans to overclock the cpu and can a add a discrete card later.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i spoke to a dealer today..he told me that only by feb will i get a clear picture of sanbridge chipsets...& its pricing...

Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H @ 7.5k
Intel DH67BL @ 5.9k
Intel DH67CL @ 6.5k

are some more boards.

erm & the processor??

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
ronnie you cant get anything above i5 2400 in you budget currently. since fresh prices are always steep.

and also theres a large gap bwen i5 2400 and i5 2500 (rs 12600) since there are no variants to 2400.

about graphic cards grforce gtx 560 ti is 90% confirmed for jan 25 so expect to get a radeon 58xx or 68xx mid range starter card at 9-12k mark. lets cross fingers.

and guys will op be able to get uefi in h67?if yes please reveal some mobos.

Top Bottom