OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H @ 7.5k
Intel DH67BL @ 5.9k
Intel DH67CL @ 6.5k

are some more boards.

ok,so these are the h67 boards u recommend..this is the spec i believe u recommended

Gigabyte GA H67MA UD2H-7.5K
Intel Core i5 2400 - 9.7k
Ram-??
HDD-??
which ram to pick?
Should i pick up what max_snyper recommended that is
G-Skill 1600mhz ripjaw series. timing-(8-8-8-24) rs.3850
because this exceeds my budget...or do i have to extend the budget..another thing is can the processor (after this upgradation) be changed in future to 2600 pr something..is the motherboard compatible with it/?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get 2X2Gb value ram cause you use 1600Mhz or 1800Mhz, it'll clock down to 1333Mhz.

for HDD, WDC Blue 500Gb. if its sufficient for you. which you need to decide cause we don't know how much stuff you got.

yes, its compatible. in short, for now, all Intel Core i**** (4 digit) processors released will be compatible. but later this year the Core i7 with new socket will get released (same to i7 950 was). those won't be compatible & will cost a bomb.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
get 2X2Gb value ram cause you use 1600Mhz or 1800Mhz, it'll clock down to 1333Mhz.

for HDD, WDC Blue 500Gb. if its sufficient for you. which you need to decide cause we don't know how much stuff you got.

yes, its compatible. in short, for now, all Intel Core i**** (4 digit) processors released will be compatible. but later this year the Core i7 with new socket will get released (same to i7 950 was). those won't be compatible & will cost a bomb.

Ahh i c...but are there anybrands of ram like,gskill or corsair which sell these??or just about pick up any company??

have 2 hard disk already(250 & 500)was thinking of going for a 1tb...do they have any firmware issues or anything because my seagate 500gb had firmware issues &every data was lost...

Ahh i c,...thanks for the help...will c on monday whether i will get this sandy bridge spec on monday...hopefully it has come in lamington road...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ahh i c...but are there anybrands of ram like,gskill or corsair which sell these??or just about pick up any company??

just avoid local & nameless brands. Zion, Transcend, Hynix. even avoid A-data. Corsair, GSkill & Kingston (last option).

have 2 hard disk already(250 & 500)was thinking of going for a 1tb...do they have any firmware issues or anything because my seagate 500gb had firmware issues &every data was lost...

till now only the Seagate 7200.9-10 were plagued with that problem. get 1Tb from WDC Green. check the thickness of the HDD. if possible get the 2 platter HDD (thin HDD).

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
thank u guys for your help..will do some research in the market tom...hopefully it is now available...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ok...so i enquired at few places in lamington & most of them said it will only be available by jan end or feb..is it available in the market anywhere???
ps:-its not even available at prime abgb

guys help out...what should i do?

Last edited:
OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
then how come whole of mumbai's lamiington road not have intel sanbridge...not even prime abgb...i guess i will wait another week

erm one more thing..is there something new coming out of amd as well???there is even a discussion board regarding some amd 3 or something...so can someone make a spec out of the new amd versions as well...

can someone answer the query pls??

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes, AMD lynx platform but it'll take another 6month before it gets released. so don't waste time thinking about it. SB suites your needs well & the price is right for the kind of performance.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
yes, AMD lynx platform but it'll take another 6month before it gets released. so don't waste time thinking about it. SB suites your needs well & the price is right for the kind of performance.

ahh i c...thanks a lot for the info....but when is SB releasing in mumbai??Not even prime abgb has it...how long to wait??Feb or this week?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
should be avl by januray last. what i think is most of the shops have SB but are not showing up & trying to empty their stock of old Core i* series processors.

Jerin

Journeyman
^

You are right ! It is available readily in Malaysia and other countries. Here in India this is the trend .

If you are aware then you can get good things at same cost as outdated models.

Now you will see budget pc's with these outdated processors for a long long time.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
baaah...this sucks really...calling every second day to enquire about SB & i get the same answer....waiting since a month & a half now for a new comp...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
finally...called up today at prime abgb...they confirmed that they have the intel i5 2400 processor..its available..the only prob being the price confirmed as 10200 bucks...gigabyte motherboardnot available...they gave me a asus 67 chipset board for 5000 or something...

but isn't the price too steep??pls help me people...want to desperately buy the specs this week

is there any way i can get a more powerful amd confi for this price..which is more powerful than the intel specs given????

Last edited:
Top Bottom