New Setup with a budget of Rs20000

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Intel DH67CL @6500

many have suggested this..but is there an alternative to intel boards like asus or gigabyte???

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

also this is an atx board??does that mean it won't fit in a cabinet???

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

also how is it onboard graphics??

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
It will fit, unless your cabinet is tiny.

Yes there are alternatives but Intel is the easiest to find. Try to find which ones are available near you and then we can see if they are good or not....

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Onboard is great. It depends on the CPU. HD2000 for i5 2400 and HD 3000 for i5 2500K.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i have amd hd4250 onboard thats nearly equal to what you will get now, the HD2000. but believe me it isnt at all meant for gaming easpically on your full hd screen even with low details.

since you can spend upto 8k on mobo take a loot at this -
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11k
Intel DP67BG @ 8.5k.

really worth you know knowing that it will be lot futureproof. you can oc 2 years down the line so you wont fall short on performance. and you can sli or crossfire later.

the problem is graphics as this will be p67 board. get a HD5570 DDR3 for the time being for 3.5k..lot-10 better than onboard gpu and will allow you to **play**. thensave and get a good gpu later.

and no need of h67 upto 8k. intel dh67cl will be sufficient. i would have recommeded costly if you could oc 2400 on h67. but you cant. and you know performance is same across same chipset. so intel dh67cl for 6.5k is more than enough if you cant go with first option.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
It will fit, unless your cabinet is tiny.

Yes there are alternatives but Intel is the easiest to find. Try to find which ones are available near you and then we can see if they are good or not....

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Onboard is great. It depends on the CPU. HD2000 for i5 2400 and HD 3000 for i5 2500K.

erm i plan to buy cooler master cm690 cabinet...so i hope there is no problem in this aspect....

how are intel boards??heard it is bad in quality otherwise i don't mind...ahh i c..didn't know about onboard & cpu link..thanks a lot ishu...

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

@ronnie
that intel board is fine
buy the one with B3 revision

called at primeabgb...they have the revised boards with them...

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

i have amd hd4250 onboard thats nearly equal to what you will get now, the HD2000. but believe me it isnt at all meant for gaming easpically on your full hd screen even with low details.

since you can spend upto 8k on mobo take a loot at this -
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11k
Intel DP67BG @ 8.5k.

really worth you know knowing that it will be lot futureproof. you can oc 2 years down the line so you wont fall short on performance. and you can sli or crossfire later.

the problem is graphics as this will be p67 board. get a HD5570 DDR3 for the time being for 3.5k..lot-10 better than onboard gpu and will allow you to **play**. thensave and get a good gpu later.

and no need of h67 upto 8k. intel dh67cl will be sufficient. i would have recommeded costly if you could oc 2400 on h67. but you cant. and you know performance is same across same chipset. so intel dh67cl for 6.5k is more than enough if you cant go with first option.

ok i get the first para u explained first..i usually game at low settings...i wanted full hd to view movies.....

i will check out the settings u gave me...will enquire at the store...

Thanks again jaskanwar singh for gthe help...just one query..i hop you don't mind...i heard that the difference between h67 & p67 board is that h67 supports onboard graphics while p67 doesn't...if yes then y suggest p67 if it is not meant for gaming???

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

also what about the giabyte board u suggested?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
p67 allows oc. and gamers oc. p67 supports multi gpu setup officially.
h67 supports oboard gfx which which are useful for movies and all. not for enthusisats. though you can plug in discrete gpu later. but cant oc and no sli.

i mentioned this before - and no need of h67 upto 8k. intel dh67cl will be sufficient. i would have recommeded costly if you could oc 2400 on h67. but you cant. and you know performance is same across same chipset. so intel dh67cl for 6.5k is more than enough if you cant go with first option.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ok i enquired at primeabgb.they said they have intel dh67bl not dh67cl...how many models are there of this???

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

the total cost of intel i2400 & intel dh67bl was 15700/-

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

also whats the difference between these 2 models?

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
^^ Get the above combo. Its good. The bl is uatx and cl is atx i guess.

u mean the bl model which i enquired...thats it..thats all the difference between the 2 boards..mcro atx & atx..surely there must be something less..

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
^^ No there isn't afaik. They are also very closely priced.

Check this & this.

are sata ports also less??because i will be connecting 3 hdd & 1 SATA DVD Drive

---------- Post added 05-03-2011 at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-03-2011 at 09:10 PM ----------

Help pls

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^same number on both. check that link.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

and enough for your needs.

Top Bottom