Need for Speed Most Wanted reboot

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
are the AI racers heavy like tank or can you ram them onto traffic /spin them out?

Combination of Burnout and Most Wanted 2005. The crash mechanics from Burnout returns, hitting the AI racers on their ass pushes them away crashing them into the wall depending on how far it is from the car. But on the side ways, the cars feel heavy, Most Wanted-ish. Its a cool mechanic though, doesn't waste time with those slow motion crash scenes, you just get the info on the screen about it. Good thing is that this crash mechanic does not make the racing easy in any way.

I never got a chance to deliberately push the AI racers on to the traffic, just got lucky some times. The racing is so damn fast that you can't even pull off moves like those.

PS- To the haters, or unhappy gamers, you can still go back and play the original Most Wanted, its still an amazing game.
Its just that with all the modernization in the racing games, the progression might feel a little sluggish, so get a finished game save file and play ;)

Second is the steering sensitivity, I can't light tap the controls and swerve away from an upcoming cars, basically I can't dodge cars as effectively as in Hot Pursuit or in NFSMW, I need to hit the left/right arrow keys a little back and give wide berth to upcoming cars, this is realistic but if I wanted realistic I'd got with F1 or DiRT, not this, I wanted a fun arcade racer, not this.

Get a controller, evading the traffic at high speed with the controller is so awesome! :D

Here's a video I took using FRAPS. Its low-res, so stay away from the full screen option ;)

[youtube]wmxuL8H18ZQ[/youtube]

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Well,, game is okay for me, just one complaint is the fact that they should have modified the crashes part of the game. Tough cops,SUV whinos and roadblocks do not go along with feeble rides that crash and get taken down so easily.
It is annoying when you hit a cop roadblock and your car gets crashed and stuck in the roadblock -_-
Realistic,but then again,this is supposed to be an arcade racer :\ Loved how you could just ram a roadblock and send the cop cars flying in the original MW :D That MW had invincible cars. Never got totalled. |m| xDD

P.S:- I can never play a racing game with a controller. Couldn't do it with run,most wanted(previous),dirt etc. But in this one I found it easier to use a controller than my keyboard :p Hail the X360 controller xD

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Well I would say its a mixed bag. Some are hating this game and some are liking this game.

People who like racing games are liking it. People who like '05 MW and think this is like that, are hating it. Period.

Get a controller, evading the traffic at high speed with the controller is so awesome! :D

Here's a video I took using FRAPS. Its low-res, so stay away from the full screen option ;)

[youtube]wmxuL8H18ZQ[/youtube]

You played this with a controller?

tkin

Back to school!!
I hate the FPS issues, if its 60 its fine, if it drops to even 50 it sort of skips frames, as if its hitching, variable framerate isn't anything new, I had it in Crysis 2, played like butter even when FPS dropped(maxed out tess and everything), its the FPS issues that bug me, for some reason the game can't handle variable framerate at all. It just skips the frames instead and the controls lag like hell, and in a racing game its unacceptable, and cop chases are boring, and hell easy, I just went through a level 6 chase, easy pickings, long but easy, and except swat cars you can ram everything.

One thing that bugs me, there is nothing to lose but Sp when you get busted, so where's the fun in that, if I don't stand to lose anything, why the hell would I even care? I was in a chase, saw a new car, got busted intentionally to try the car, as if nothing happened, wtf? The stakes are not too low, there are no stakes.

*www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497553&page=7

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^^ yes i completely agree about fps issue and cop chase , so instead of running from the cops i just get busted as i got nothing to loose . And its hard to beleive that it is giving fps issue on powerful gpu like 580 , really a bad port . Need patch ASAP before i finish the game

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
If only they'd rename this to Burnout Paradise 2, it'd be Racing GOTY. lol.

This game's for cars, not Most Wanted.

so, you dont lose your car (impound), or money when you get busted?
btw, make video of a chase man:p

No money in this game. Find a car, drive it. trololol.

Finally, they call tapping a key customizing? Where's the the customization garage? And this game needs a look back key bad, just to admire the cars.

Trudat.

gameranand

Living to Play
If only they'd rename this to Burnout Paradise 2, it'd be Racing GOTY. lol.

This game's for cars, not Most Wanted.

Yeah you are right about that. They are just spoiling the name of NFS by mixing it with Burnout. Burnout is Burnout and NFS is NFS. They are mixing and serving in name of NFS.

abhidev

Human Spambot
the gameplay is no that bad...also the little effects they have put together are good. But one thing If you notice....when you are ahead in the race...you are likely to get slammed into the traffic..suddenly a car appears crossing and also certain random building corners. :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
No money in this game. Find a car, drive it. trololol.

what do you mean 'find a car, drive it'?
is this like Sleeping Dogs/Driver San Franco car jacking thing?

i'm sorry, but i'm on very tight 3G data connection right now, thanks to Windows 8, so cant search/watch review videos :(

Top Bottom