dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea. Won an award before it came out. We know we know. :lol:

Please dude, the C905 clicked much better images when it was first out. Compare the C905 images to the ones taken by the N86. Oh and you cant mod the drivers even, What a shame. The Landscape pics are truly pathetic.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
C905 costs 24k now. btw, how do you upload 3mb images on imageshack? it says the max amount that can be uploaded is 2.5mb, and i have no images that weigh below 3mb. Cant help it, modded. :D

Tamoghno

Padawan
N86 is 23.5k or 24.5k unless yogi is ripped. So for .5k less you're getting (much)better display , better video ,better audio, 3.5mm, better storage ,better build , a (really) capable os , true multitasking , ton of third party apps , and most importantly a real SMARTPHONE . The only minus is lack of xenon flash .

Btw , i've read about those modded drivers . All they seem to do is increase the compression ratio which have little impact on actual image quality .

Tamoghno

Padawan
Oh and i forgot , ngage gaming , divx support via softwares , and 8+16=24gb maximun memory NOW . Damn , there is so many .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Stop reading and start trying. Does ngage support accellerator based games?? I have about 60. Beter audio?? Are you nuts, Mods ftw!! Better build??What do you mean by true multitasking?? And yea dude, this thing has lots of apps too. its a capuchin phone. SE hasa dedicated site for its softwares. And no one was comparinf a smartphone to a feature phone. We will see when the satio comes out.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Nothing is stopping ngage from creating accelerometer based games , i dont have ngage device right now .the api is open , but i know there are accelerometer based games on s60 like marble maze or global racing .
What do i mean by true multitasking ? Use an s60 and you will know .

Even if your points are right , does it still justifies the price ?

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@Tamoghno- leave it .. this guys is a stupid fanboy. No point in arguing with him. As i said i overpaid by some 1k. N86 costs some 23.3- 23.5 k . c905 is no comparison. period. modding or no modding. My friend owns c905 and i know actually how good it is. Dont need to be told by u.

As i said before, no more crap about the dumb cyberbullshit phone here. Create ur own thread and rave about it all u want.

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
guys chill ..... there is really no comparison between a smartfone and a non-smartfone ... obviously multitasking is better on smartfones .... pointless argument relly ...

Tamoghno

Padawan
One more thing , how's the sunlight legability of this device compared to n82 and 85. N85 got my head scratching because until then i knew oled screens mean better legability under sunlight . Does n86 improve in this department ? Does the glass help ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys chill ..... there is really no comparison between a smartfone and a non-smartfone ... obviously multitasking is better on smartfones .... pointless argument relly ...

Guys I dont wanna fight u but still...I wanna say that apart from codec support I dont find symbain any special..whats more imp is build quality, camera quality, sound quality ,keypad, ease of use and off course call clarity8)..

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@ sujoyp- Dude, u dont seem to know much abt this dreamcatcher guy. His intend is to ruin this thread. That's it. He has nothing useful to add here. We had a fight over my n82 and his k850i back in 2008. And everyone knows what happened to that sony handset. I am not fighting with anyone. If someone want to praise his handset, then create a thread and do it over there.

@Tamoghno- Usually oled displays are very poor as far as direct sunlight legability goes. N85 was poor. But nokia has improved N86 in that department and it does pretty well compared to N85. Though its not at the same level as N95 8gb. But that is for direct bright sunlight situations only.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Gsmarena review is out

*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n86_8mp-review-366.php

And as i stated somewhere in this thread earlier, the image processing algorithms are not upto the mark in its debut firmware. The optics is top notch though. Hence its only going to improve and I am sure nokia will fix this in the upcoming firmware update.

Here is one interesting image i took last night by my friends W810i

*img154.imageshack.us/img154/2316/dsc00024g.th.jpg

On the top is N82 and below it, is N86. Both cameras are on automatic mode. It clearly shows how much of an improvement is N86 over N82.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I dont think it was with xenon or led . It seems like under of a lamppost , so even xenon would be non effective. But i think n82's lense was not fully clean .

Btw , w810i still looks good even compared to todays phones . Wish se suatained their quality.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^ he haven't snapped the pics.. It is just the viewfinder..

Guys its just the way u see through the viewfinder on these two phones under the same circumstances. The light on the road was of lamppost. And its visible there on N86 screen because of its wide angle optics. The picture just shows how good the N86 is over N82 under low light situations. Btw both lenses on these phones were clean. Its just a viewfinder image. So dual led or xenon does not matter.

Will try to post a similar picture tonight.

Tamoghno

Padawan
@ yogi

If you manage to capture any real life low light photographs like inside a bar or tubelight lit room then please share with us .

Top Bottom