sujoyp

Grand Master
yaar I dont find something new in symbian system...no improvement in animation effect same boxy cursor moving everywhere(just see the SE animation effect)....

tell me something will the new symbian system comming in Satio will be good enough?

I hope nokia will adopt it too as they r the owner themself.

I mean like WM 6.1 is gonna have a update with WM 6.5 coming, with better graphics and support.

Tamoghno

Padawan
yaar I dont find something new in symbian system...no improvement in animation effect same boxy cursor moving everywhere(just see the SE animation effect)....

tell me something will the new symbian system comming in Satio will be good enough?

I hope nokia will adopt it too as they r the owner themself.

I mean like WM 6.1 is gonna have a update with WM 6.5 coming, with better graphics and support.

Www.symbian.org , visit their blog . Basically they will be completely revamping the os ovee next two year . So expect huge change by 2009 when symbian^4 arrives . Sation was supposed to use symbiam^1 but they will be using current 5th edition version to rush the product to market.

But , yeah i agree that despite the power symbiam looks too dated . Have you seen the htc hero ? The interace is amazing , even more than newer touch . I am seriously thinking of trying out some android . Only downside is only htc and samsung are making it so i highly doubt how good it'll be as 'phone'. Maybe when if motorola launches something at affordable price i will jump the ship.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@sujoyp- If u dont need os , then have a look at Lg Arena and Samsung Jet.

And gps performance in N86 is excellent. Digital compass is really cool and very well implemented in nokia maps 3.0 .

Also i think the era of touchscreen is upon us.

For s60 5th edition - Samsung omnia hd
For windows mobile- Samsung omnia II , Htc touch pro II etc
For android - Htc hero or Samsung I7500

My next phone will surely be touchscreen and probably windows mobile one. Maybe end of this year.

sujoyp

Grand Master
after thinking a lot, I think I need a OS:))

But I want it to be beautiful and fast....I find Samsung jet very powerful but it doesnt have anything to use its power....It has a great screen 800mhz and 512 ram but no OS
its like using dos on quad core machine:wink:

what I am asking is when will symbian OS look like SE UI .....even WM 6.1 looks good but is very slow

I liked specs of omnia 2 but again the screen is only 65k coz of windows 6.1 which is a let down

Omnia hd is just too costly..

HTC hero looks good and have android new version but will it come to india this year:)
HTC Magic has come to india...is it locked or unlocked

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Actually not much in "ui-ui" thing. Need powerful and feature packed hardware. Anyways most people are running after ui these days.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Actually not much in "ui-ui" thing. Need powerful and feature packed hardware. Anyways most people are running after ui these days.

I feel good efficient ui/os is more important than uber hardware .i mean maybe its must for you to have 8mp cam with xenon and 720p video but does your girlfriend /father / mother really needs it ? I am not talking about the wiz-bang effects , i am asking for easy usability like the iphone or webos offers . S60 looks so complicated to use . Granted that it is still most powerful os , but who's gonna use that power if people cant figure out how to get a job done ?

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
What i mean to say that i need a complete phone like N86. Anyways, its upto the person if he finds s60 easy or difficult. I did not find it difficult when i went from K750i to N73 me. Agreed, most people would prefer a os/ui which is easier to get along with. Its just that Ui is not the factor for me when i choose my phone.

sujoyp

Grand Master
i want symbian+SE UI with 480x800 amoled resolution screen,800mhz proc+512 ram and ability to play 720p videos :lol:

whoever gives it wins:twisted:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Considering how well symbian runs on 369mhz proccy , that thing wilo play crysis .

Btw , samsung omnia hd is almost what you mentioned . 3.7inch Amoled screen +256mb ram with 150mb+ free ram +720p RECORDING and playback.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.mobil.nu/ArticlePages/200907/04/20090704151734_MDK719/wide-pic_rachael.jpg

Or this maybe. ;)

Sony Ericsson ”Rachael” is the codename of the Swedes' first Android-based mobile phone, that is expected to be announced later this year. It will be part of Sony Ericsson's series of XPERIA products. We've got our hands on internal documents about the phone, that seems to have the potential to be a sales success.

The phone is based on the Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon platform, that enables processor speeds up to 1 GHz, and HSPA-speeds up to 7.2 Mbps. This platform will also sport great 3D graphics capabilities.

The phone's built-in camera is an 8-megapixel camera with autofocus. There's also a 3.5 mm jack connector as well as a mini-USB connector at the top of the phone. The touch screen seems to be quite large, but as of yet there is no specific information about its size.
Ohh sorry, i dint see that you mention symbian. Not for you then. :D

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Always thought se would be on track with os phones. With this and satio se is starting to look promising again.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Looks sweet but se will release android phones with atleast v2.0 . So its atleast a year to come.

Thread is getting offtopic

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Android 2.0 or Donut will be revealed in August and this phone will be announced in september. So expect it by Christmas. :)

Yea, thread going offtopic. Carry on.

Btw gsmarena has a comparison of the N86 and the pixon12 in its review. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^yup the android one from SE looks promising...have everything;-)

Actually I am not satisfied with TFT screen on satio...y dont they give an AMOLED which is much better...is it restricted by symbian???
Again there is no 3.5mm jack which is a big disappointment for a SE fan like me

I somewhat like nokia for giving an organised package with wifi,gprs,3.5mm jack,sd slot and a good cam at affordable price:)

Top Bottom