OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n86_8mp_preview-review-364.php''

even i am not expecting it to perform at its optimum best on its first firmware.. It will surely be improved via firmware updates if there is any prob with image processing. The optics look quality one. Also i will compare it to my n82 and friends c905

the build quality is top notch..

sidenote- xperia for 28k ..hmm..will be a great buy for 25k or bit lower ..

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
ok .. got it ..build quality is top notch ..best till date for n series.. device is heavy some 150g .. cam is very good though image processing algorithms need to improve a lot.. 3rd gen dual led flash is very bright.. i will be comparing it with my n82 xenon ..

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
yup .. got it a bit costly for 24.5k .. i think it will come down to 23k in a month or two..anyways i now own n86 +n82 .. just got the device ..wide angle thing is really cool..got few images ..will upload at night as my daytime data limit is exceeded..

Though there is no direct setting to select aperature value , it changes with the scene modes u select ..

Now since its supposed to be n85 update ..there is one thing that is lacking in n86 which is present in n85 and its navi wheel function .. Though i am not sure but still yet not found any settings for it ..may confirm later ..

Once again the phone is heavy and feels like a top notch quality product.. no comparison with n85 as far as build quality and materials used are concerned.. I am very happy with its build quality .. finally a solidely built n series .. and yes slider is cool too..and so is active kickstand and its pretty sturdy as well..

will update the thread later ..

It will be lots of fun comparing the dual led to xenon flash ..and yes to blind eye ,the cam is pretty good improvement over n82 cam ..

And contrary to allaboutsymbian review, i find the camera key of n82 to be much better than the one on n86 ..Its not that bad but i find n82 key to be bigger and much easier for two press operation..

So is it the real n95 successor .. i think so ..

any questions are welcome :) and yes i am done with the phones now..no upgrade now for quite some time.. hee hee...

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
great yaar...I wish SE w995 releases now soo that we can have some compitition...

Again my wishlist for n86 include..
1.good build
2.better speed
3.should not hang everyday
4.no faulty slider
5.should not be too much dependent on firmware updates

price is really good...it directly replaces n85

I even see samsung jet as direct competitor at this price bracket

The first four - no prob with n86 .. and the last one does apply to each and every smartphone.. firmware updates are very important for any smartphone..

This phone has no competitors btw..

Tamoghno

Padawan
Did you bargained enough for its price ? I went to shop to buy a 5130 this evening and when i asked its price he said its 23500 . May be i heard wrong .

Yep , built quality is superb . I specially like the glass front . Finally the nseries seems to be back on track.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Actually a friend got this for me.. And the shop had only two pieces hence got those two..Yup we overpaid ..but then its always like that for early adopters .. Its worth its price anyway..

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I have been testing n82's xenon vs n86's dual led setup. Its quite interesting as upto 3 meters n86 keeps up with n82 and even shows more details in dark due to its variable aperature.. need to click more photos to test longer range. In daylight its easily ahead of n82.

Just cant imagine if, nokia would have put xenon on n86 then ....

And the earphones shipped with n86 , hs-83 are very good ..they are miles better than any earphones i have got with either n73 ,n82 ,n95 8gb or n85 ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Put up a few low light pics, complete darkness with your N86 and will upload a few complete dark room pics with my C905.

sujoyp

Grand Master
great lets see...BTW if dual led is good enough I would prefer it coz it can be used as torch and video light too.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
sorry guys, i just cant post the photos because i have exceeded the data limit on my mtnl night unlimited plan.

yes , these third generation dual leds on n86 are very good .. now i know why nokia left out xenon ..though still i would have liked xenon...

Tamoghno

Padawan
Saw some other night pictures by n86 . Yes this dual led is huge improvement previous leds . But still atleast for their camera flagship , nokia should have used xenon .

How the interface speed ? Does the gallary have trouble handling 8mpix photos .

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
very fast interface even with those theme effects on .. gallery is fast as well with all this 8mp images .. Its does not suffer from that slow gallery problem like n85. Its as fast as n82 i would say..

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Camera_group_test_Nokia_N86_8MP_N97_N82_and_Samsung_I8510.php

daylight
*img5.imageshack.us/img5/1178/19062009006.th.jpg

in a room with only a dim light on and without flash
*img5.imageshack.us/img5/7179/yogi029.th.jpg

first shot taken in the shop
*img7.imageshack.us/img7/8093/19062009m.th.jpg

Though build quality is top notch, there is a very tiny movement in slider in closed position..so its not perfect yet in n86 , though its not a very big deal for me as sliders, sooner or later are going to have some wobble..specially these dual sliders from nokia ..its much much better than n95 8gb as well as n85 though.

Also since this thing charges through usb its nice to just carry the data cable and charge ur handset using the nearby pc . But still i would have liked the standard nokia 2mm charger slot as well as usb charging. Nokia has opted for this combination on E75 then why not on n86? Today i will try the micro usb to 2mm charger adopter and try with the standard nokia 2mm charger that i use with n82.

and navi wheel function of n85 is missing in n86.. not a big deal though.

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Here are few comparo shots between N86 and N82 . Mind u its was overcast conditions, not the best for cameraphones to show their worth.

N82

*img37.imageshack.us/img37/9957/n82389.th.jpg

N86

*img37.imageshack.us/img37/8130/n86055.th.jpg

N82

*img512.imageshack.us/img512/4488/n82392.th.jpg

N86

*img512.imageshack.us/img512/4452/n86058.th.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok pics looks brighter in n86...but u tell us which one is more original looking....i think n82 looks more natural...quality has improved:mrgreen:

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N82 is more realistic. But i like this colour pumped up approach as i was quite bored with the kind of colours n82 produced. Yup quality is improved, no doubt abt it.

@dreamcatcher- Grow up. If c905 have been in this place then u would have said that its early firmware and would have defended it.

I am no fanboy. N86 is on its first consumer firmware. With future firmware updates quality is bound to go up. I absolutely love the wide angle images. Night shots are excellent too. It has already won tipa award, so there is a lot of potential.

Top Bottom